Author Topic: Trump: The Military Would Not Refuse My Orders Even If They Consider Them Illegal  (Read 2763 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This should disturb even the most die-hard fan.

At tonight’s Fox News debate, Bret Baier confronted Donald Trump over former NSA/CIA Director Michael Hayden‘s recent remarks that the military would flat-out refuse to follow illegal orders of his.

Specifically troubling for Hayden was Trump saying he would want to do “worse” than torture and would want soldiers to kill terrorists’ families.

Baier told Trump the latter is explicitly illegal, but Trump insisted, “They won’t refuse. They’re not gonna refuse me. Believe me.”

Baier said, “But they’re illegal.” Trump brushed it off.....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-the-military-would-not-refuse-my-orders-even-if-they-consider-them-illegal/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Donald. As you'd know if you didn't have magical appearing and disappearing bone spurs:

Every member of the military - officer and enlisted - is REQUIRED to refuse to obey an illegal order.

Something about the Germans and "just following orders" I believe.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Issuing an illegal order is a high crime.  The very issuance of it would be grounds for impeachment.

This is just Trump waving his phallus around for his bubbas.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:26:58 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

This will not harm him.  The Trump side of the house wants this. Getting revenge on anyone that doesn't kowtow immediately.  I think the phrase "rip off their heads and s#!t down their necks" has been bandied about.

And Trump could do it by having the FBI arrest the officer's family on trumped (pun intended) charges, courtesy of the DoJ.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:33:50 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline ABX

Issuing an illegal order is a high crime.  The very issuance of it would be grounds for impeachment.

This is just Trump waving his phallus around for his bubbas.

It isn't really even the implication that he would issue an illegal order, it is the flippant nature that he takes his role of Commander in Chief and his oath to the Constitution. These are the lives of young men and women he is talking about, not numbers on a piece of paper. A bit of humility when talking about the seriousness of that duty of CiC would be appropriate.

Offline sinkspur

It isn't really even the implication that he would issue an illegal order, it is the flippant nature that he takes his role of Commander in Chief and his oath to the Constitution. These are the lives of young men and women he is talking about, not numbers on a piece of paper. A bit of humility when talking about the seriousness of that duty of CiC would be appropriate.

This is not about them.  He could care less about them.

It's about him.  It's always about him.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Assertions such as this make me question my current stance of still voting for the loathsome Trump, were he to be nominated.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

This should be a disqualifier to be President.

Offline NavyCanDo

It was the most frightening statement I have ever heard coming from any  presidential candidate from either party.

My God! People here considering voting for him, Wake Up!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It was the most frightening statement I have ever heard coming from any  presidential candidate from either party.

My God! People here considering voting for him, Wake Up!

It was terrifying...I really don't think Trump knew what he was saying, at least I hope not
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He really is a complete and utter fool,isn't he?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This will not harm him.  The Trump side of the house wants this. Getting revenge on anyone that doesn't kowtow immediately.  I think the phrase "rip off their heads and s#!t down their necks" has been bandied about.

And Trump could do it by having the FBI arrest the officer's family on trumped (pun intended) charges, courtesy of the DoJ.

ROFLMAO!

I'd love to see the Feebs roll up on the Special Warfare Center and rush the joint with their MP-5's and SWAT gear to rush in and make arrests or kills.

Bet you would never be able to talk any survivors into doing THAT again.

And if you went after their families,there is no place on the planet you would be able to hide.

Offline ABX

One of his opponents or a Pac would be foolish to not make a commercial highlighting this. Superimpose his comments over young recruits taking and oath and end with the words, They Deserve Better

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This should be a disqualifier to be President.

What's shocking is most of us would have considered just the regular everyday insanity of Trump would be enough to disqualify him,never mind this high-test leaded stuff.

Offline Frank Cannon

It was terrifying...I really don't think Trump knew what he was saying, at least I hope not

I think he did know. He has called for these actions at other times on the campaign trail, this was just the first time he was asked to clarify.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He doesn't even CARE what he says because he has never had to personally face any negative consequences from anything he has ever said or done. He has lived his entire life in an insulated little cell of wealth,privilege,and bodyguards. Add the fact that he is a narcissistic egomaniac with the personality of a petulant 8 year old boy to the mix,and he shouldn't even be allowed to visit the White House,never mind live there.

HOW can anybody think he is someone that should have access to the nuclear launch codes is beyond my reasoning ability.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Trump: The Military Would Not Refuse My Orders Even If They Consider Them Illegal"

The military would not obey Trump's "illegal" orders, but...

... I wonder if the current military command, after seven years of "blackwashing" from the obama administration, would have the nerve to disobey -his- ...?

A-Lert

Assertions such as this make me question my current stance of still voting for the loathsome Trump, were he to be nominated.

There's always Hillary.....you are aware of her love for the military, aren't you?

Bill Cipher

If Trump gave a clearly illegal order with serious enough repercussions, I have no doubt the officers to whom he issued the order would immediately relieve him of command and immediately let the VP and speaker of the house that we had a constitutional crisis.

Offline sinkspur

If Trump gave a clearly illegal order with serious enough repercussions, I have no doubt the officers to whom he issued the order would immediately relieve him of command and immediately let the VP and speaker of the house that we had a constitutional crisis.

He would be impeached, and he would be convicted. 

Trump's walk back was absent any of the bluster he threw out last night. I'm more and more convinced that his bloviation--following on the heels of his commentary on his phallus--was chum to his bubbas.  He knew it was nonsense at the time.  It's marketing.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Do a web search on Greg Stillson.

HAPPY2BME

Do a web search on Greg Stillson.

============================

Funny.

Ted Cruz - A Real Life "Greg Stillson" - From the 'Dead Zone'?

http://brane-space.blogspot.com/2015/03/ted-cruz-real-life-greg-stillson-from.html

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Trump backs down from waterboarding comments, says he won’t ask troops to violate law

Dan Lamothe and Jose A. DelReal
The Washington Post
March 4, 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump backed down Friday from claims that he would order the U.S. military to waterboard militants and carry out other acts that violate international law, as the top general in the U.S. military was asked to weigh in on Trump’s previous remarks.

More
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:28:30 pm by Machiavelli »