Author Topic: Draft Speaker Ryan PAC files with FEC  (Read 1467 times)

rangerrebew

Draft Speaker Ryan PAC files with FEC
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:41:41 am »

Draft Speaker Ryan PAC files with FEC

By Eliza Collins

03/03/16 06:11 PM EST

Updated 03/03/16 07:25 PM EST

A new super PAC has filed its paperwork to pull off a singular goal: To get Paul Ryan into the White House.

The PAC, called "Committee To Draft Speaker Ryan," was filed with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday.

David Satterfield, the man listed on the FEC filing, declined to comment to POLITICO but said that more news about the PAC would be coming Friday.

The news comes as the divide between establishment Republicans and Donald Trump deepens, with Mitt Romney delivering on Thursday a scathing speech about the Republican frontrunner.

"He is flattered, but not interested," the speaker's press secretary, AshLee Strong, told POLITICO.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/paul-ryan-super-pac-white-house-220207#ixzz41vwLgN23

Offline EdinVA

Re: Draft Speaker Ryan PAC files with FEC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:47:09 am »
The RNC is going to have to do something bold to get rid of Trump and Cruz, they destroyed their chosen one last night in the debate when they pushed Rubio to act like an idiot.
But Ryan?  talk about going to the bottom of the well...

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:15 pm »
The RNC is going to have to do something bold to get rid of Trump and Cruz, they destroyed their chosen one last night in the debate when they pushed Rubio to act like an idiot.

More like bottom of the Mariana Trench.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 12:04:51 pm »

Rubio acts like a high school punk and Trump acts like a fool; both making the GOP a laughing stock.  I was proud of Cruz trying to stick to debating issues as well as Kasich.

I am hoping and praying that Cruz wins FL and Kasich wins OH...making two huge losses for the Trubio circus.

I was sickened, appalled and disgusted at last nights debate.  About an hour into the debate I turned it off. Never before have the debates done such a disservice to the party and to the American people.  This is what 'The Donald' has brought to the GOP because of his bombastic crudeness, school-aged attacks and insults and his narcissistic personality.  Rubio is just as deplorable.  Him stooping to Trump's level just shows how low he will go to become president. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 12:21:16 pm »
If Paul Ryan (who I'd vote for President in a heartbeat; he's the main reason I felt good about voting for Romney last time out) wants to do something constructive at this point,  he'd endorse John Kasich.   On the strength of last night's debate,  his claim to be the adult in the room has credibility,  and the Fox focus group easily found him to be the winner. 

Kasich still has a path to the nomination - and he's doing it the way I predicted.   He's letting the others mock and diminish each other, while remaining unbloodied.   As the field gets smaller,  Kasich's stature looms larger.   

He's got to win Ohio, of course,  and he's frank that his path to the nomination will require a brokered convention,  when the consensus will be to pick an adult.   But he could sure use, at this moment, on the strength of last night's debate,  a big-time endorsement.   Ryan, IMO,  would be perfect. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:43 pm »
Unfortunately by this time Ryan carries certain handicaps: too late, and losing in 2016.  Ryan would probably make a good president, but now is not his time.  You always keep your powder dry, so we should be reserving Ryan for a better opportunity. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »
Rubio acts like a high school punk and Trump acts like a fool; both making the GOP a laughing stock.  I was proud of Cruz trying to stick to debating issues as well as Kasich.

I am hoping and praying that Cruz wins FL and Kasich wins OH...making two huge losses for the Trubio circus.

I was sickened, appalled and disgusted at last nights debate.  About an hour into the debate I turned it off. Never before have the debates done such a disservice to the party and to the American people.  This is what 'The Donald' has brought to the GOP because of his bombastic crudeness, school-aged attacks and insults and his narcissistic personality.  Rubio is just as deplorable.  Him stooping to Trump's level just shows how low he will go to become president.

I predict that after Rubio drops out of the race, we will never hear from him again.
He destroyed his political career between his obvious lap dog routine and his performance and attitude in the Senate, he is done.
I hope he got a nice severance package out of it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 12:50:31 pm »
If Paul Ryan (who I'd vote for President in a heartbeat; he's the main reason I felt good about voting for Romney last time out) wants to do something constructive at this point,  he'd endorse John Kasich.   On the strength of last night's debate,  his claim to be the adult in the room has credibility,  and the Fox focus group easily found him to be the winner. 

Kasich still has a path to the nomination - and he's doing it the way I predicted.   He's letting the others mock and diminish each other, while remaining unbloodied.   As the field gets smaller,  Kasich's stature looms larger.   

He's got to win Ohio, of course,  and he's frank that his path to the nomination will require a brokered convention,  when the consensus will be to pick an adult.   But he could sure use, at this moment, on the strength of last night's debate,  a big-time endorsement.   Ryan, IMO,  would be perfect. 

A Ryan endorsement would not be a feather in anyone's cap.  I'm not so sure that he's any better than Boehner.  The people want an anti-establishment candidate.  Not a RINO like Ryan, nor a moderate like Kasich.

I took insult to Kasich insinuating that Cruz wasn't an adult.  Yes Cruz attacked Trump -- but he attacked him on the issues!  He didn't stoop to Marco's level and attack Trump on the size of his hands for heaven's sake!  Trump as usual had nothing substantial to add.

As for Kasich, he is very low in the polls, he's picked up a few delegates and to think that he's going to win in a brokered convention is a pipe dream. The GOPe doesn't want anyone on that stage as it appears that they are gearing up for the convention and right now it sure looks like they want Romney/Ryan.  The establishment certainly doesn't want anyone who will even remotely upset the apple cart.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 12:53:52 pm »
I predict that after Rubio drops out of the race, we will never hear from him again.
He destroyed his political career between his obvious lap dog routine and his performance and attitude in the Senate, he is done.
I hope he got a nice severance package out of it.

I hope you are correct. He is another one that I cannot and will NOT vote for!

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 01:02:24 pm »
Sad that any faction of the GOP thinks this would sell.  No possible way.

...hmm... I'm not so sure.  Clinton/Castro (mother LaRaza) v. Romney/Ryan  ??  However, it is very obvious that the Washington cartel is going to do everything they can to maintain their power.

The GOPe at this point is salivating and hoping that this election goes to convention.  Rubio should do the right thing after he loses Florida and gets out of the race, but he won't.  Right now, he's in it to make sure that the GOPe chooses our nominee. 

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 01:45:57 pm »
Sure more GOPe poltical suicide.

"Conservatives" need to realize there is a future after the election. Right now some people are writing checks with their mouths that their careers are not going to be able to cash.

Voters are not going to look fondly on people who try to thwart their will." Elections matters.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 01:46:07 pm »
A Ryan endorsement would not be a feather in anyone's cap.  I'm not so sure that he's any better than Boehner.  The people want an anti-establishment candidate.  Not a RINO like Ryan, nor a moderate like Kasich.

I took insult to Kasich insinuating that Cruz wasn't an adult.  Yes Cruz attacked Trump -- but he attacked him on the issues!  He didn't stoop to Marco's level and attack Trump on the size of his hands for heaven's sake!  Trump as usual had nothing substantial to add.

As for Kasich, he is very low in the polls, he's picked up a few delegates and to think that he's going to win in a brokered convention is a pipe dream. The GOPe doesn't want anyone on that stage as it appears that they are gearing up for the convention and right now it sure looks like they want Romney/Ryan.  The establishment certainly doesn't want anyone who will even remotely upset the apple cart.

Kasich is the real revolutionary in the race.  He's the one who's not running his campaign in the sewer.   He's the conservative with coattails, able to keep the Senate in GOP hands.   He's the one with an action plan for entitlement reform, tax reform and common sense in the foreign policy arena - and he'd have the GOP Congress backing him.   

I understand why conservatives are frustrated.   Obama's partisan in the extreme, and won't work with Congress.  But anger makes one throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Nominate Trump and we lose the Presidency and the Senate.   I'll vote for Cruz,  but I gotta tell ya,  he doesn't make friends easy,  and he'd likely be opposed in Congress.   With Kasich, for the first time in my lifetime, we'd hit the trifecta - conservative President, conservative Congress,  and a conservative Supreme Court.   

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
Stage a 7 vrs 1 debate and you want to blame the TARGET for shooting back?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 01:50:03 pm »
Sure more GOPe poltical suicide.

"Conservatives" need to realize there is a future after the election. Right now some people are writing checks with their mouths that their careers are not going to be able to cash.

Voters are not going to look fondly on people who try to thwart their will." Elections matters.

No one's thwarting the Trumpsters' will.  Trump will run third party and his minions can follow him over whatever cliff he points to.   Opposing Trumpism is not political suicide.   The conservative movement to be viable has to cast out the ethnic nationalists,  just as it did in the sixties.   

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 03:21:49 pm »
No one's thwarting the Trumpsters' will.  Trump will run third party and his minions can follow him over whatever cliff he points to.   Opposing Trumpism is not political suicide.   The conservative movement to be viable has to cast out the ethnic nationalists,  just as it did in the sixties.

That didn't happen until the late 70's and early 80's.

As an example, Nixon's 1970 southern strategy drew in all the disaffected southern democrats horrified that blacks would be treated as equals.  Up until then, the Republican party enjoyed rough parity with Democrats in attracting the black vote.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 03:31:41 pm »
More like bottom of the Mariana Trench.

That is the Country Club Republican mindset.  Give us as savior the one dolt who couldn't even defeat Biden in a debate.  Makes you wonder if Hillary is in charge and giving them advice.