Author Topic: Transcript: Romney Speech on Trump  (Read 900 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Transcript: Romney Speech on Trump
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:24 pm »
In case anybody missed it (as did I), here is the full transcript. Romney makes some valid points.  However, those like Romney; Bush, Rubio, McCain, Graham, McConnell, etc., are ALL reasons why Trump is currently the front runner.  IF they wouldn't pander to the left time and time again, and if we didn't have such failed leadership in the Senate and House ... we wouldn't be in this pickle right now.

Secondly, he mentions Cruz, but I don't for a second believe that the GOPe will stand behind him any more than they are Trump.  Who are they trying to kid?  Cruz is in second place ... he too is standing in Marco's way.  IF indeed they wanted to take Trump out, they would ask Rubio (who is a distant third right now) to drop out and pave the way for Cruz.  They aren't going to do it.  They are going to try to take them down one by one ... Cruz is smarter than that!  He knows darn well that he's loathed by the establishment; they fear him and he better than anyone, knows that they cannot be trusted!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/us/politics/mitt-romney-speech.html?_r=0

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Transcript: Romney Speech on Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 09:28:16 pm »
Medved played it on the radio.  A very distinguished speech and a strong message.  Then he compared it with Trump's response, and was it ugly and immature. Trump just cannot rise above criticism.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:25 pm »
In case anybody missed it (as did I), here is the full transcript. Romney makes some valid points.  However, those like Romney; Bush, Rubio, McCain, Graham, McConnell, etc., are ALL reasons why Trump is currently the front runner.  IF they wouldn't pander to the left time and time again, and if we didn't have such failed leadership in the Senate and House ... we wouldn't be in this pickle right now.

Secondly, he mentions Cruz, but I don't for a second believe that the GOPe will stand behind him any more than they are Trump.  Who are they trying to kid?  Cruz is in second place ... he too is standing in Marco's way.  IF indeed they wanted to take Trump out, they would ask Rubio (who is a distant third right now) to drop out and pave the way for Cruz.  They aren't going to do it.  They are going to try to take them down one by one ... Cruz is smarter than that!  He knows darn well that he's loathed by the establishment; they fear him and he better than anyone, knows that they cannot be trusted!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/us/politics/mitt-romney-speech.html?_r=0

Would you kindly tell me what a GOP Congress was supposed to do with a Democrat President in office? Just how much could they get passed?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:32:40 pm »
Medved played it on the radio.  A very distinguished speech and a strong message.  Then he compared it with Trump's response, and was it ugly and immature. Trump just cannot rise above criticism.

Trump can't help demeaning and engaging in ghetto language.   Just read today that Trump doesn't want to self-fund a general election; he wants the RNC to fund it.

I thought he wasn't going to be beholden to anybody?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:52:48 am »

Trump cannot accept responsibility for any wrong doing which reminds me of Hussein.  Trump is used to throwing his money around and getting what he wants.  He belittles people to try and elevate himself.  He's like a little three year old that throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.