Author Topic: 4 Things To Watch For In Tonight's Debate  (Read 4963 times)

Online libertybele

Re: 4 Things To Watch For In Tonight's Debate
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 09:23:55 pm »
Yes, that is the position he should take but I am really amazed that the gope put him in that position, unless it was intentional.

Of course it was intentional. Do you really think after years of bashing and insulting Cruz that they are going to rally around him?  They may say that they are ... but the GOPe is notorious for saying one thing and doing another.  Cruz knows that they are LIARS, FRAUDS, and CHEATS!  I don't know what Cruz's relationship has been with Romney (or if they even have one) ... but Romney is far from an outsider ... they want Marco or Jeb.  Romney right now is probably kicking himself for not running... or perhaps the GOPe has promised him the presidency if it goes to convention ... Romney/Bush ... who knows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 09:25:57 pm »
He wants to be famous.. so wouldn't you?
He wants people to talk about him.. you obviously do as you post such liberal junk on a "conservative" site...
He wants people to write about him... ditto
He doesn't seem to have a single solitary thought he keeps to himself.... ditto

Are you sure this is not about you sink?

Nope. Most people don't like me here, which bothers me not at all.  Just trying to do my little part in demolishing Trump.

And, by the way, most of what I do here is post articles.  When did you last post an article?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:27:21 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:58 pm »
Nope. Most people don't like me here, which bothers me not at all.  Just trying to do my little part in demolishing Trump.
Most have figured that out but I would suggest if you are going to take down a tree you need a bigger ax.

And, by the way, most of what I do here is post articles.  When did you last post an article?

I have no idea what that has to do with anything, you want a medal or something?
Not that I need to answer to you, I usually post 2 or 3 things of REAL interest every day.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 09:33:52 pm »
Most have figured that out but I would suggest if you are going to take down a tree you need a bigger ax.

I have no idea what that has to do with anything, you want a medal or something?
Not that I need to answer to you, I usually post 2 or 3 things of REAL interest every day.

Really?  They must get buried pretty quickly as I never see them.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 09:44:36 pm »
Really?  They must get buried pretty quickly as I never see them.

Probably because they don't contain the name "Trump" in the title and that is all you ever want to talk about.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 09:45:36 pm »
He wants to be famous.. so wouldn't you?
He wants people to talk about him.. you obviously do as you post such liberal junk on a "conservative" site...
He wants people to write about him... ditto
He doesn't seem to have a single solitary thought he keeps to himself.... ditto

Are you sure this is not about you sink?

That's what has amazed so many of us here. Someone who uses rude, vulgar language complaining about someone who uses rude, vulgar language. What's up with that mr sinkspur -- oh holy one.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 09:48:14 pm »
That's what has amazed so many of us here. Someone who uses rude, vulgar language complaining about someone who uses rude, vulgar language. What's up with that mr sinkspur -- oh holy one.

When have I used vulgar language in the last month?  Please point one instance out to me.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 10:05:05 pm »
Could be.  The GOPe doesn't like Cruz at all.  Maybe even more than they dislike Trump.

RINOGOPe Hates CRUZ BUT they FEAR TRUMP  :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 10:14:39 pm »

Oh, I dunno.  People usually hate what they fear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 10:28:11 pm »
Oh, I dunno.  People usually hate what they fear. 

Bet that sounded really, really profound in your head.   000hehehehe

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 10:31:30 pm »
Bet that sounded really, really profound in your head.   000hehehehe

At least it's not rattling around all by itself.... :smokin:

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:14 pm »

Well, bless your heart.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:43 pm »

*Ka-ching*

Advantage, Sanguine
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 10:44:29 pm »
*Ka-ching*

Advantage, Sanguine 

Agree!  That was a good comeback.  (I'm writing it down   :laugh: )

:seeya:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 10:46:15 pm »
Agree!  That was a good comeback.  (I'm writing it down   :laugh: )

:seeya:

Given your response, I'm thinking we're even.  And, that's a good place to be.

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 11:05:43 pm »

I think that they hate and fear both Cruz and Trump, but for different reasons.  Trump is their target right now ... if Cruz was in the lead, he'd be their target. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 11:19:06 pm »
But you want to retain some part of "the whole establishment?" Which parts are worth saving?

The building process typically involves tearing down the old, to prepare for the new. Hence many feel the old is not working, needs tearing down.

Here is a "controlled demolition" in Buffalo, NY
Buffalo is probably the worst example you could give of that concept. When things get torn down in Buffalo, nothing ever gets put back up. There are literally acres of urban prairie and blight across that city. The city is one step above Detroit, and even that is only because they have a billionaire who cashed in on the fracking boom who loves hockey and loves to build stuff.

If you want to use the analogy of tearing stuff down in the hopes that something better might be built, keep in mind that the new item might never BE built. Destroy the Republican Party and, given current demographic trends, there might not be the appetite to rise against the Democratic machine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »
Buffalo is probably the worst example you could give of that concept. When things get torn down in Buffalo, nothing ever gets put back up. There are literally acres of urban prairie and blight across that city. The city is one step above Detroit, and even that is only because they have a billionaire who cashed in on the fracking boom who loves hockey and loves to build stuff.

If you want to use the analogy of tearing stuff down in the hopes that something better might be built, keep in mind that the new item might never BE built. Destroy the Republican Party and, given current demographic trends, there might not be the appetite to rise against the Democratic machine.
I simply found a cool video. I could not personally be found remaining in a stagnant place like what you say about Buffalo. My mother's family left NY in 1928.

Out here in California, with all of our perceived problems, old gets torn down for new. Jobs, revenues, taxes, fun things to see and do. Did I fail to mention weather? high 70 F the last few days.

Here is a big real estate development project, called Pacific City. Shopping Center Dining, and 500 luxury apartment units.

Before they built this, they had to tear down several other things.

http://www.gopacificcity.com/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2016, 12:12:57 am »
Sink posting 1000 times on the live thread is one of the things to expect.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:51 am »
Bets ayone?  Will this be a knock down drag out assault against Trump or will they discuss issues?

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/03/468966675/4-things-to-watch-for-in-tonights-republican-debate

A serious question. Has Trump EVER actually discussed issues? All I have ever heard him do is talk about himself,and trash talk about everyone else. In between he talks about "hiring experts" to run he miracles he claims he is going to pull off.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 12:18:48 am »
Hopefully it will be a FULL FRONTAL BARRAGE ATTACK on Donald Trump.

The more Rubio and Cruz attack him, the more delegates he chalks up.

Go Rubio!

Go Cruz!

You really think so? My take on it is the exact opposite. I have never seen a politician that does a worse job of handing questions than Trump,or who gets flustered as easily. If they go after him strong,he is going to fold like a cheap Chinese camping chair. There is nothing else he can do because he has no answers with specifics.

HonestJohn

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 12:21:24 am »
No, Trump is winning because his base cares very little about his competence and simply wants to tear the whole establishment down. He could recite Little Miss Muffet on that stage and his sycophants would still flock to him.

He could shoot Megyn Kelly (the bimbo b!$&h, as referred to on this very thread), making her bleed out of 'wherever', and they'd cheer.  Taking names and getting revenge is all that matters.

Just one less 'GOPe' lapdog to deal with, amirite?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:24:16 am by HonestJohn »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:37 am »
"Last time"?  You must have found a different debate.  He was red-faced, fairly incoherent and obviously angry.

....not that there's anything wrong with that...

Perception can be an amazing thing,can't it? Every time I have ever seen anyone try to pin Trump down and get an answer he gets that petulant little boy tight mouth on his face,his face turns red,and he starts babbling nonsense while looking like someone constipated trying to pass a cannon ball.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 12:27:14 am »
He could shoot Megyn Kelly (the bimbo b!$&h, as referred to on this very thread), making her bleed out of 'wherever', and they'd cheer.  Taking names and getting revenge is all that matters.

Just one less 'GOPe' lapdog to deal with, amirite?

You are a fine example of making America Great Again.  Take that kind of talk back to TOS.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:28:35 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 12:31:11 am »
Yes, that is the position he should take but I am really amazed that the gope put him in that position, unless it was intentional.

I'm not surprised at all. Cruz is a more serious long term threat to their power than Trump.