Author Topic: 4 Things To Watch For In Tonight's Debate  (Read 4967 times)

Offline libertybele

4 Things To Watch For In Tonight's Debate
« on: March 03, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »
Bets ayone?  Will this be a knock down drag out assault against Trump or will they discuss issues?  Will the moderators dump on Trump or will they try to conduct a legitimate debate? Will things gets so bad that Trump declares he's running 3rd party and walk off the stage??  Meanwhile ... I predict Kasich will once again state "This is just nuts"!.  In which he will be right.  Personally, I want them ALL to act like adults (including the mods) and discuss important issues.

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/03/468966675/4-things-to-watch-for-in-tonights-republican-debate
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

Re: 4 Things To Watch For In Tonight's Debate
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »
Hopefully it will be a FULL FRONTAL BARRAGE ATTACK on Donald Trump.

The more Rubio and Cruz attack him, the more delegates he chalks up.

Go Rubio!

Go Cruz!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 05:42:29 pm »

Go Rubio!

Go Cruz!

If you will note there is a difference.  Cruz attacks Trump on the issues.  Rubio attacks Trump on his rhetoric. I'm hoping that Trump will take out Rubio -- so far he hasn't. There's a reason for that.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »
I fully expect Crubio will be real mean girls tonight.  They will definitely hit the stage running!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:54:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:10:53 pm »
I suspect it will be an all out assault on Trump. They are just desperately trying for something to derail Trump. Trump wins by staying cool and coolly counter punching back like he did last time.

They got to land the punches, Trump just has to survive

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 06:19:58 pm »
I suspect it will be an all out assault on Trump. They are just desperately trying for something to derail Trump. Trump wins by staying cool and coolly counter punching back like he did last time.

"Last time"?  You must have found a different debate.  He was red-faced, fairly incoherent and obviously angry.

....not that there's anything wrong with that...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

Go Rubio!

Go Cruz!

Not true.  Trump has lost three of the four closed primaries.  And 15 of the next primaries are all closed.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 06:32:10 pm »

No, Trump is winning because his base cares very little about his competence and simply wants to tear the whole establishment down. He could recite Little Miss Muffet on that stage and his sycophants would still flock to him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »

How do you figure? Cruz was suppose to only win Texas - if that. It was thought Trump could get over 300 delegates Tuesday, he got 237, with Cruz winning 3 States and 209 delegates.  The bad debate for Trump and the barrage of attacks coming from his left and right did most certainly have an effect.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »
Bad new for the Trump haters. He just treated the Romney attack with bemused contempt in his rally just now. Looking like your guys are going to get the same treatment tonight.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »
Bad new for the Trump haters. He just treated the Romney attack with bemused contempt in his rally just now. Looking like your guys are going to get the same treatment tonight.

Yes he did. In fact, Romney predicted he'd react like this:

"I could have said Mitt, drop to your knees, he would have dropped to his knees."

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 08:42:29 pm »
Yes he did. In fact, Romney predicted he'd react like this:

"I could have said Mitt, drop to your knees, he would have dropped to his knees."

Would you provide a link for this quote?   Appreciate it.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »
yeah pathetic sad that Sink is so lost in Trump hate. That jsut a sand and sorry reponse

No child, the hope was Romney would trigger a massive Trump meltdown. That is the same point in the childish antics of Cruz/Rubio at the debates.

It is a pathetic last ditch attempt by the knee jerk Hate Trump Always squad to find some way to derail Trump because they all know that only Trump can stop Trump now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:46:05 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »
Would you provide a link for this quote?   Appreciate it.

He did say it BUT the context was an explanation of how hard Romney was begging for Trump's endorsement and then Trump said he could have told Romney to get on his knees and beg....
The liberals are going crazy with their twisted interpretation because they have nothing else.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 08:55:30 pm »
He did say it BUT the context was an explanation of how hard Romney was begging for Trump's endorsement and then Trump said he could have told Romney to get on his knees and beg....
The liberals are going crazy with their twisted interpretation because they have nothing else.

Yes I heard that, too. But, liberals like sink will always twist the truth because of their hatred for Trump. Rubio is going nowhere, he's going down into weeks. Oops, I said a bad thing. Rubio's "going down" innuendo, innuendo. Call the mods.

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 08:59:12 pm »

Damn!  Now I'm sorry I missed it!   ROFL!   :silly:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »

Go Rubio!

Go Cruz!

AGREE hope they go after TRUMP again and let him have some fun. Also the Bimbo Bitch hope she goes after him too. One, TRUMP will be prepared and TWO: I think he enjoys the FIGHT.  MOST successful people LOVE the competition and the FIGHT along with WINNING. Besides he needs to get to that 80% so he can implode as per the UNIPARTY fans want! :silly:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 09:03:57 pm »
I want to see what Cruz does with the Romney slamming of Trump.
Cruz has mad his name as the "anti gope" candidate and Romney just forced him to take a side.
If he says nothing, then he is 100% gope.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 09:06:56 pm »
My guess is an unprofessional clusterf_ck that will be embarrassing to those of us with brains (and the rest of the country)?

My  4 things would be:

1) insults
2) channeling (attempted) Reagan
3) insults
4) A few good points, drowned out by more insults

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:08:40 pm »
I want to see what Cruz does with the Romney slamming of Trump.
Cruz has mad his name as the "anti gope" candidate and Romney just forced him to take a side.
If he says nothing, then he is 100% gope.

My hope is he won't side with Romney rather he might say "Look, it is up to the American people, the voters" to decide...then he should lay out the reasons why he is a better candidate than Trump -- take him out on the issues -- not on his rhetoric.  Cruz needs to refrain from partaking in the circus.  He is a serious candidate.  Let Rubio be the circus elephant!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 09:16:43 pm »
Yes I heard that, too. But, liberals like sink will always twist the truth because of their hatred for Trump. Rubio is going nowhere, he's going down into weeks. Oops, I said a bad thing. Rubio's "going down" innuendo, innuendo. Call the mods.

In a previous life, you would have been appalled at Trump's vulgarities. 

But that previous life is a distant memory in your Kardashian worship.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »
No, Trump is winning because his base cares very little about his competence and simply wants to tear the whole establishment down. He could recite Little Miss Muffet on that stage and his sycophants would still flock to him.
But you want to retain some part of "the whole establishment?" Which parts are worth saving?

The building process typically involves tearing down the old, to prepare for the new. Hence many feel the old is not working, needs tearing down.

Here is a "controlled demolition" in Buffalo, NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMkJmnyDuQ

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »
My hope is he won't side with Romney rather he might say "Look, it is up to the American people, the voters" to decide...then he should lay out the reasons why he is a better candidate than Trump -- take him out on the issues -- not on his rhetoric.  Cruz needs to refrain from partaking in the circus.  He is a serious candidate.  Let Rubio be the circus elephant!

Yes, that is the position he should take but I am really amazed that the gope put him in that position, unless it was intentional.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 09:20:33 pm »
Yes, that is the position he should take but I am really amazed that the gope put him in that position, unless it was intentional.

Could be.  The GOPe doesn't like Cruz at all.  Maybe even more than they dislike Trump.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 09:22:59 pm »
In a previous life, you would have been appalled at Trump's vulgarities. 

But that previous life is a distant memory in your Kardashian worship.

He wants to be famous.. so wouldn't you?
He wants people to talk about him.. you obviously do as you post such liberal junk on a "conservative" site...
He wants people to write about him... ditto
He doesn't seem to have a single solitary thought he keeps to himself.... ditto

Are you sure this is not about you sink?