Author Topic: Huckabee: GOP Establishment 'Bedwetting' Over Trump's Lead - 'They are the problem."  (Read 687 times)

HAPPY2BME

"They're angry at the establishment who is going nuts because Trump is doing well," said Huckabee. "They don't get it that they're the problem."

VIDEO

By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Wednesday, 02 Mar 2016 12:05 PM

Establishment Republicans are "all bedwetting" over Donald Trump's lead for the GOP presidential nomination, but it's time to quit pretending that "all these voters who have gone out and voted for him are stupid," former candidate Mike Huckabee said Wednesday.

"They don't seem to understand that we have an election," Huckabee told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" program. "I just believe at some point we need to recognize, if you want to oppose Donald Trump, do it."

The voters are not stupid, said Huckabee. They're angry.

"They're angry at the establishment who is going nuts because Trump is doing well," said Huckabee. "They don't get it that they're the problem."

And if Trump is the nominee, then the party needs to get behind him, or whichever candidate wins, said Huckabee, because "that's what we do as a party."

"Let's remember that we have an election process, not a selection process," said Huckabee.

"If we're going to do a selection, where some party bosses get together and they close the doors, lock the doors and get behind and make the decision for us, then don't waste our time and money going through this long, lengthy, grueling process called an election.

"Just anoint somebody and let's be done with it."

Meanwhile, Huckabee said that Tuesday was a good night for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, but a bad one too when it comes to the evangelical vote to Trump.

"I think the big mistake that people have made is this notion that evangelicals are largely single monolithic voters that vote one thing and that's just not true," said Huckabee, a former Southern Baptist minister.

"They're tired of giving their support to someone, 'Oh, we're with you,' and when they get elected they don't do one stinking thing to change."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Mike-Huckabee-GOP-Establishment-Bedwetting-Trump/2016/03/02/id/717063/

Offline sinkspur

Huckabee needs a job and is no doubt angling for one.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EdinVA

With the GOPe stepping all over themselves to find a way to "dump Trump" tells me that I picked the right guy....

HAPPY2BME

With the GOPe stepping all over themselves to find a way to "dump Trump" tells me that I picked the right guy....

================================

The primary process is approaching the half-way mark, Trump is the clear winner, and the Progressives are ready, willing, and able to destroy the Republican Party - if necessary to eliminate Trump.

They will do WHATEVER it takes, regardless.

Offline aligncare

:thumbsup:

Offline Longiron

:beer: :beer: :beer: :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Huckabee needs  a job and is no doubt angling for one.

I'm thinking President Trump's Press Secretary would be a great fit!

You DO have a way with words, my friend!   :beer:

Offline sinkspur

It would be  perfect.  Then Huckabee, like Christie, could stand proud so all could see what a friggin' hypocrite he is.

A "preacher" sucking the wind of a Planned Parenthood admirer.

HAPPY2BME

=============================

Mike appears to be burning his establishment bridges.  His daughter is working on Donald Trump's campaign team.

He seems to have come to the realization that the establishment is actually the enemy.

Had he taken this approach the first time he ran, he might have one.  But even that would have been impossible for him having to rely on the establishment to fund his campaign.

Fascinating.

It would be  perfect.  Then Huckabee, like Christie, could stand proud so all could see what a friggin' hypocrite he is.

A "preacher" sucking the wind of a Planned Parenthood admirer.

Is this supposed to be clever?

Offline EdinVA

You DO have a way with words, my friend!   :beer:

:patriot:

Offline aligncare

Speaking of preachers....

Offline sinkspur

Actually, it's sad.

Offline aligncare

Of course, I'm not referring to you, right in Virginia. It's just that I won't talk directly to that person anymore.

He is the establishment, most likely a troll whose aim is to promote Rubio and to create division among the base voters.

I will have none of it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:47:07 pm by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

Of course, I'm not referring to you, right in Virginia. It's just that I won't talk directly to that person anymore.

He is the establishment, most likely a troll whose aim is to promote Rubio and to create division among the base voters.

I will have none of it.

Of course. You're just like Trump.  All this "uniter" stuff is just garbage.

And, look around.  The division is being created by Trump and his supporters.

I will have none of it. 

Got it (before this) and understood.  :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Huckabee needs a job and is no doubt angling for one.
Actually, Trump already gave his daughter a job.

Donald J. Trump for President Announces New Senior Advisor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good for Mr. Huckabee.
He "gets it".