Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls for Cruz-Rubio ticket to take on Trump  (Read 3558 times)

Offline flowers

Glenn Beck calls for Cruz-Rubio ticket to take on Trump
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271503-glenn-beck-calls-for-cruz-rubio-ticket-against-trump

“They should announce this and run with this. This should go all over the Internet. I think this is doable, and this is absolutely unstoppable.”

Beck said the candidates would have to commit to joining forces before Florida's primary May 15 to have a chance to stop Trump.

“Florida, they would win,” he said. "But if they don’t do it before the Florida election, then we lose it to Donald Trump. And all those delegates go to Trump.”

The radio host laid out a plan for other prominent GOP figures to align themselves with a Cruz-Rubio team.

“Say our Supreme Court nominee is Mike Lee,” Beck said, suggesting the Utah senator as a replacement for the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

“Rand Paul is going to be Treasury secretary. Ben Carson, we’re going to back you with everything we have to take Rubio’s Senate seat. How is that not a win for absolutely everybod

little marco is dead to me.

Offline EdinVA

Re: Glenn Beck calls for Cruz-Rubio ticket to take on Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:05:46 pm »
So what is the RNC, the media and all the pundits going to do/say if Trump survives their sabotage of the American Voter?
Don't they risk long term and very deep damage to their very existence?

Talk about destroying confidence in a system that has worked reasonably well for 200+ years, shameful.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:08:20 pm »
For all of you who support Cruz who has  Perry backing him.......you do know that Perry spoke at a LaRaza event right?

http://www.alipac.us/f12/governor-perry-speaks-la-raza-195363-print/

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:09:48 pm »
Keep it up Glenn.

AIM FOR THE FENCE.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
I thought Beck was making some sense with this this morning.

If Cruz and Rubio join forces, Trump can't win.

And for the sake of America, that's what needs to happen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »
Yes.  I read the speech.  The speech by the way is dated 2010.  The problems with illegal immigration and border security have grown since then tremendously.  He was governor till 2015 and during that time he invited Hussein to the border as Hussein had targeted TX to dump busloads of illegals into a State with an enormous illegal immigration problem -- Hussein refused.  Perry wanted to man the border with national guardsman and wanted the Feds to pay for it -- Hussein refused.  It was gaining national attention and soon, Perry was indicted.  Just recently he was vindicated.

I've watched and read about Perry for quite sometime.  He has seen more than most in regards to illegal immigration; tattered and destroyed land, rape trees that are used by coyotes to rape women who have paid them to get them across the borders, murders, tortures, etc., etc.. He isn't new to the problem and probably one of the best sources to ask what is really happening at the border. I believe all in all he has done what is best for TX; certainly job growth and a booming economy in his state is much to his credit, in spite of supporting the enormous influx of illegals.

Though I have never agreed completely with him on his stance on immigration, I believe as times have changed so has he. I have no doubt that as President he would have jumped on day one to get the border secured --border security by the way was one of the issues mentioned in his speech to LaRazza.  Though Perry wasn't my first choice for president, I would have voted for him in the general election without hesitation.

Perry for Cruz I think is a good endorsement.  Cruz won TX last night; obviously Perry"s endorsement didn't hurt him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:21 pm »

I understand what you are saying, but you have to also consider the differences between Cruz and Rubio.  Rubio joined the Gang of 8 -- Cruz fought against it.  Cruz fought against the IRAN nuke deal; Rubio voted against conservative amendments. Cruz stood up against McConnell and Schumer - Rubio has joined them.

I think it would take some soul searching for Cruz to want Rubio as his VP.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »
I understand what you are saying, but you have to also consider the differences between Cruz and Rubio.  Rubio joined the Gang of 8 -- Cruz fought against it.  Cruz fought against the IRAN nuke deal; Rubio voted against conservative amendments. Cruz stood up against McConnell and Schumer - Rubio has joined them.

Perhaps, but in a conversation with Rubio, Cruz should be able to assess the genuineness of Rubio's change of heart.

The bottom line for me is that Trump has got to be stopped if America is to survive, and this would be a good way to do it.

At least it made sense on the surface.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

Bush and Reagan were polar opposites in the party in '80. Reagan sucked it up for unity going against a sitting President. This does have some precedence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 09:01:25 pm »
The radio host laid out a plan for other prominent GOP figures to align themselves with a Cruz-Rubio team.

“Say our Supreme Court nominee is Mike Lee,” Beck said, suggesting the Utah senator as a replacement for the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

“Rand Paul is going to be Treasury secretary. Ben Carson, we’re going to back you with everything we have to take Rubio’s Senate seat. How is that not a win for absolutely everybod

I'm sorry, but this is both hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

Hilarious, because it's Glenn Freakin' Beck!      :silly: :th_10444: :silly:

Disturbing, because it appears that he is picking Ted Cruz's cabinet for him!  Does Cruz have any control over Beck's mouth whatsoever?  It appears not, and that is very disturbing that he would let a deranged radio host speak for him in such a way!   **nononono*

Also - who is going to tell Little Marco to leave the race?  Who's going to drag Kasich off the stage? 

And then, to assume that each of these candidate's supporters are going to like a ticket with the other guy that they don't like on it?

It's like, "Hey guys - let's build a stage...and sing songs....and we can dress in costumes....we can call it the "Our Gang Follies"!  It'll be fun!  And I'm Glenn Beck - and I'll be the Director!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 09:04:57 pm »

I think it's a mistake to assume that all of their supporters would unite if they did. Some people that like Rubio hate Cruz and vise versa. They'd no doubt be formidable, but there's still no guarantee they could beat Trump.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:05:34 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Longiron

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »

You UNIPARTY folks just like the liars and illegals and you can't hide it. :silly:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 09:06:33 pm »
I think it's a mistake to assume that all of Cruz's and Rubio's supporters would unite if they did. Some people that like Rubio hate Cruz and vise versa. They'd no doubt be formidable, but there's still no guarantee they could beat Trump.

AGREE but the UNIPARTY is desperate and will try anything at this point. Hope TRUMP continues to wear his vest? :patriot:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 09:08:44 pm »
Also - who is going to tell Little Marco to leave the race?  Who's going to drag Kasich off the stage? 

=====================================

You just insulted Chihuahuas everywhere.   :silly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:54 pm »
Perhaps, but in a conversation with Rubio, Cruz should be able to assess the genuineness of Rubio's change of heart.

The bottom line for me is that Trump has got to be stopped if America is to survive, and this would be a good way to do it.

At least it made sense on the surface.

I don't know if they would agree to that, even given their modest personal antipathy. But it is not inconceivable, and what's more, it would provide an attractive choice: two conservative adults, each with their own strengths (and yes, weaknesses) vs. one juvenile delinquent. Works for me. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:10 pm »
=====================================

You just insulted Chihuahuas everywhere.   :silly:

You're right Happy.  I'd like to "denounce" my - what some could consider derogatory and bigoted - comment to Chihuahuas everywhere.

Please accept my apology, I misspoke.   :smokin:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 10:38:59 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:25 pm »

According to the poll numbers; Trump is the least likely to beat Hillary.  Really something to consider.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:18 pm »
For all of you who support Cruz who has  Perry backing him.......you do know that Perry spoke at a LaRaza event right?

http://www.alipac.us/f12/governor-perry-speaks-la-raza-195363-print/

Yes, I do know that.  But, if as y'all say that Trump is not responsible for who backs him, like the KKK, what's your point?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »

Yes, and the GOP could actually get behind at least 1/2 of that ticket. 

I will add, if it's a Rubio/Cruz ticket, then no way, IMHO.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 11:28:19 pm »
I don't know if they would agree to that, even given their modest personal antipathy. But it is not inconceivable, and what's more, it would provide an attractive choice: two conservative adults, each with their own strengths (and yes, weaknesses) vs. one juvenile delinquent. Works for me.

Well, one conservative and one conservatish.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 11:39:44 pm »

Actually, it works for me too.

Beating the juvenile delinquent is key, and the two would combine some pretty strong support which ought to do just that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »
Bush and Reagan were polar opposites in the party in '80. Reagan sucked it up for unity going against a sitting President. This does have some precedence.

It does, and with Cruz on the top of the ticket and Rubio as VP, it would have the same dynamic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:46 pm »
Well, one conservative and one conservatish.

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 11:41:56 pm »
According to the poll numbers; Trump is the least likely to beat Hillary.  Really something to consider.

Again.......... combining the winning Cruz-Rubio ticket would, I think, give us the very best chance to beat Hillary.

Trump is the worst.