Author Topic: Trump disavows KKK – again! On 'Savage Nation,' Donald says: 'People refuse to accept it'  (Read 2443 times)

HAPPY2BME

“Yeah. Totally denounce, and I disavowed it, and I’ve disavowed it numerous times, and I’ve disavowed it on Twitter, and on Facebook, and all over the place but people refuse to accept it.”

Hear Michael Savage and Donald Trump:

AUDIO

GOP presidential primary front-runner Donald Trump used an interview on “The Savage Nation” radio show on Tuesday to again disavow the KKK.

The fracas started Sunday when Trump was interviewed by CNN’s Jake Tapper, and the news agency reported the candidate “declined to disavow support from David Duke, the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, claiming he didn’t know anything about the group.”

Trump later explained he didn’t hear the question because of a “bad earpiece.”

And he pointed out that he had previously denounced the Klan.

At the beginning of his radio show Tuesday, Michael Savage asked: “Donald, I want to put something to rest. I know you are the least racist person of all of the candidates. I know it from your employees. I know it from your history, but you’ve also been smeared continuously with this KKK garbage. And I know you’ve denounced it. Can you clearly say that you denounce this endorsement on ‘The Savage Nation’?”

Trump replied: “Yeah. Totally denounce, and I disavowed it, and I’ve disavowed it numerous times, and I’ve disavowed it on Twitter, and on Facebook, and all over the place but people refuse to accept it.”

Responded Savage, “Donald, I accept it because I know your history.”

Nevertheless, CNN reported House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., entered the KKK controversy.

“If a person wants to be the nominee of the Republican Party, there can be no evasion and no games. They must reject any group or cause that is built on bigotry. This party does not prey on people’s prejudices,” Ryan told Capitol Hill reporters.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stated, “Senate Republicans condemn David Duke, the KKK, and his racism.”

Democrats, meanwhile, were claiming Trump’s views were the same as those of his party.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, R-Calif, said: “The leading Republican presidential candidate’s refusal to disavow the KKK was a breathtaking low point for our country. Yet while Donald Trump’s radical agenda does not reflect the values of the American people, it is a perfect reflection of many in the House Republican Conference.”

The dustup even prompted the resurrection of claims about Trump's father being involved in a KKK event in 1927.

The New York Times said its own pages included a report of a Fred Trump being discharged by police at a KKK rally in Queens.

The Times said it asked "about police arresting a Fred Trump who lived at that Devonshire address in 1927."

Trump said it was a false report.

The left-leaning fact checker Snopes said, "While it's possible the elder Trump attended the event along with KKK supporters and Klansmen, it's also possible he was minding his own business in his own neighborhood, and found himself in the middle of an enormous brawl."

Fox News reported Tuesday that Trump had asked, "How many times do I have to continue to disavow people?"

WND reported last week that Savage said Trump is winning because he's pushing the ideas that Savage himself has been bringing to the American public for years already.

In a monologue last week, Savage, heard by 10 million listeners a week and syndicated in more than 300 markets, said "The Savage Nation" has now "risen to national prominence through the victories of Donald Trump."

"For 21 years my message has been borders, language, culture," Savage told his listeners. "My last three to four books, if you look at them ... my solutions for saving America. Many of these bullet points or talking points have been and are being used by the Trump campaign, to the credit of Donald Trump, and, of course, to the benefit of the United States of America.

"And I'm going to take credit, not for getting out the vote, I certainly wouldn't take credit for that, but for being the architect of Trump's messaging."

Listen to Michael Savage's comments

Savage, the recipient of the "Freedom of Speech Award" from Talkers Magazine, famously is the only member of the U.S. media ever blacklisted and banned from a Western nation.

As WND reported, in 2009 Britain put Savage on a list of 16 people banned from entry because the government believed their views might provoke violence. But the U.K. never specified which statements it found to be dangerous.

Savage holds a master's degree in medical botany and a second in medical anthropology. His Ph.D. is from the University of California at Berkeley in epidemiology and nutrition sciences.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/trump-disavows-kkk-again/#uIpDWt0SkRzu1zKk.99

HAPPY2BME

The Bill Kristol Club does NOT want you to hear this.

In fact, they are paying large sums of money to try and keep you from hearing it, and HIRE bloggers to saturate online forums to bury it.

Sound familiar?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:37:17 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

sink viewed this less than 45 seconds from when it was posted.

How can ONE person be in 1,000 places at a time?

Offline sinkspur

Who listens to Michael Savage?

Trump could have done his disavowal last night during his "press conference."  He didn't.

He doesn't want to do it on a large stage. 

He doesn't want to anger  the racists and bigots. 

Trump is not a racist himself, but he knows full well that racists and bigots are among his supporters.  Thus the reluctance to disavow.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

It's not that people haven't heard it. We have. Its not that people haven't accepted it. We do.  Its the people that don't think its sincere or lasting - We Don't.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

Trump could have done his disavowal last night during his "press conference."  He didn't.

He doesn't want to do it on a large stage. 

He doesn't want to anger  the racists and bigots. 

Trump is not a racist himself, but he knows full well that racists and bigots are among his supporters.  Thus the reluctance to disavow.

=============================

Are you saying that Michael Savage is a racist and a bigot.

You can't have it both ways.

You are an operative.  I call you out.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeah, kinda like when Cruz apologized about jumping the gun on Carson. But it didn't seem to matter to the Trump campaign then.

So suck it up Donald, and get a thicker skin.
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

Just for the fun of it I do tune in from time to time as I get ready for bed.    The guy is a loon, and most of his callers are of the tin-foil hat conspiracy nut type, adding to the entertainment.    He is all over the place politically. He would use his show for several nights calling for George W. Bush's impeachment. Mostly angry because Bush won't come on his show. Two weeks later he will be saying Bush is the greatest President of his life time. I remember that because I posted the transcript here or on TOS.     I also heard him say Obama was the greatest president of his lifetime once.   He without a doubt spends more of his time slamming the Republicans than he does the Democrats.  There use to be a web site that would list all the crazy things Savage said on his show with exact quotes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:52:35 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

=============================

Are you saying that Michael Savage is a racist and a bigot.

You can't have it both ways.

You are an operative.  I call you out.

No. Savage isn't a racist either.

But very few Americans listen to his show.

Why didn't Trump do his disavowal last night during his presser?

Offline sinkspur

Just for the fun of it I do tune in from time to time as I get ready for bed.    The guy is a loon, and most of his callers are of the tin-foil hat conspiracy nut type, adding to the entertainment.    He is all over the place politically. He would use his show for several nights calling for George W. Bush's impeachment. Mostly angry because Bush won't come on his show. Two weeks later he will be saying Bush is the greatest President of his life time. I remember that because I posted the transcript here or on TOS.     I also heard him say Obama was the greatest president of his lifetime once.   He without a doubt spends more of his time slamming the Republicans than he does the Democrats.  There use to be a web site that would list all the crazy things Savage said on his show with exact quotes.

I know. Savage is a mental case, in my opinion.  He gets kicked around from station to station here in the DFW area.

HAPPY2BME

===========================

Consider yourself exposed - AGAIN.

Offline sinkspur

What are you talking about?  You sound like Savage.

Offline musiclady

Exposed about what??

Why DID Trump do this on crazy leftist Michael Savage's show, which has an audience of 12?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HAPPY2BME

What are you talking about?  You sound like Savage.

Wingnut

I am not a Klansman er crook.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wow.  Republicans playing the race card against a Republican.  Nice. 

Wingnut

Trump is a Rat dressed up as a republican
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:27:25 pm by Wingnut »

Offline MBB1984

This one is beyond ridiculous.  Trump disavowed Duke earlier with Christie present and then he was asked the same question subsequently.  This time Trump said he couldn't hear which is possible or he had a brain fart.  After all, Duke hasn't been in the news for decades now. Trump has repeatedly disavowed Duke, since the CNN question.   Even Bill O'Reilly said this is a non-issue.   It is fair to attack Trump on several issues, but this one is not one of them. 

Offline MBB1984

Trump is a Rat dressed up as a republican

How do you tell the difference between who are Rats and who are Republicans?  There is some dirt on all of them.

Wingnut

How do you tell the difference between who are Rats and who are Republicans?  There is some dirt on all of them.

Fair point.   However in Trumps case when he was looking to run he knew he could never run as a Dem against the HRC machine so he just changed his hat.  The art of the deal is to pick the low hanging fruit.

Offline sinkspur

LOL!!  Trump brought this on himself.

Offline sinkspur

This one is beyond ridiculous.  Trump disavowed Duke earlier with Christie present and then he was asked the same question subsequently.  This time Trump said he couldn't hear which is possible or he had a brain fart.  After all, Duke hasn't been in the news for decades now. Trump has repeatedly disavowed Duke, since the CNN question.   Even Bill O'Reilly said this is a non-issue.   It is fair to attack Trump on several issues, but this one is not one of them.

Of course it's an issue. Trump himself repeated Duke's name in the interview with Tapper.  And he didn't disavow the KKK until this interview with Savage, who has a few dozen listeners. 

No, Trump is afraid of pissing off that part of his base made up of the Stormfront crowd.

And Duke was in the news just last week, saying whites who don't support Trump are denying their heritage. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777

Offline Paladin

"until this interview with Savage, who has a few dozen listeners."

Really? According to "TALKERS: dubbed “The Bible of Talk Radio” by Business Week Magazine." Savage is #5 in popularity with approximately 5 1/4 million listeners each week.

Do you know something they don't know and are you planning to send them a correction?

Oops. Apologies. Forgot to add link: http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:59:57 pm by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

He did.  He said he had denounced it many times. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

He did.  He said he had denounced it many times.

David Duke. He never mentioned the KKK last night.  Trump's disavowal is phony anyway.  When he has to be PRESSED to disavow racists, it's natural to assume he's not sincere.