Author Topic: Kristol Lays Out Strategy to Give White House to Hillary: Trump ‘Shouldn’t Win’  (Read 2054 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/02/kristol-lays-strategy-give-white-house-hillary-trump-shouldnt-win/

by John Nolte2 Mar 20162,635

In order to defeat Donald Trump,  The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol admits he is prepared to hand Hillary Clinton the Oval Office. On Wednesday’s “Morning Joe,” the Republican Establishment leader laid out his plot to deprive Trump of the 50% of delegates necessary to secure the nomination. From there, the idea is to go into a brokered convention and cut a kamikaze deal that awards enough delegates to an “acceptable” candidate (who will have won far fewer votes, states, and delegates than Trump).

The problem with the Establishment brokering a behind-closed-door deal that hands the nomination to a Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), is that the backlash against the Republican Party is almost certain to hand Hillary Clinton the presidency.

If a bunch of rich, angry GOP elites rob Trump supporters of their victory, the blowback will result in so many voters staying home in November, Hillary wins. As NBC’s Chuck Todd pointed out last night, at this point the delegate math is such that the only way to stop Trump is through this scheme at the convention.

As you’ll see below, that outcome is preferable to Kristol, and by extension it is safe to assume that outcome is also fine with the rest of the Republican Establishment.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: The fact of the matter is that you know there is no historical precedent with someone doing as well as Candidate Trump did yesterday — winning New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada, [losing the nomination] has never happened before, and as you know there is a momentum, a forward progress–

BILL KRISTOL: Right, so we have to stop the momentum, I totally agree.

SCARBOROUGH: So that’s my question. There’s no cheering here. I am looking at facts.

KRISTOL: To your credit, you have correctly seen that this was not going to be the historically normal year, and it’s not, so maybe we go–

SCARBOROUGH: So how do you beat him?

KRISTOL: You have to beat him in Florida and Ohio, the first two winner-take-all states, which means there has to be a de facto agreement between the opposition candidates — between the resistance to Trump, which I am proud to be a part of, because I think he’d be a terrible nominee and a terrible president…

SCARBOROUGH: You have the authority to broker that deal right now?

KRISTOL: Well, they need to. They need to defer to Rubio in Florida and probably to Kasich in Ohio, and say, or imply, that if you are a Cruz voter in Ohio, and if you look up the day before the primary and it’s Trump 42%, Kasich 35% — vote for Kasich. And the truth is if Trump doesn’t win Florida and Ohio, it remains very much of an open race. …

Donald Trump [so far] has 35% of the popular vote and 47% of the delegates. That’s a lot better than having 24% of the popular vote and 25% of the delegates, granted. …

JOHN HEILEMANN: Just to go a little further on this topic of what Bill’s advocating: As you talk more and more to Republicans, who will say to you privately and sometimes publicly, that they would rather vote for Hillary Clinton than for Donald Trump, [these are the] people who are going to try to stop him — their attitude is: We know that would happen at a contested convention if we took the nomination away from a Donald Trump [who has won through] a plurality of delegates.

What would happen is that we would likely alienate his supporters and we would likely lose the presidential election. But their position is that it would be better for us to lose the [general] election than to have Donald Trump tear the Party in half as the nominee.

Now you can say that’s suicidal, but that is the posture of people [worried] about the negative effects down ballot.

KRISTOL: And [Trump] would still lose the election. And shouldn’t win the election, So, yeah, I agree.

This is a good time to ask where this scorch-earthed mentality was when America needed it most to stop Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The GOPe speaks...they prefer an unconvicted felon and murderer over Trump....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

If I cannot get what I want, I will make sure no one gets anything....

What a way to run a country...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Exactly
Support the USO

Offline Relic

You gotta vote for the nominee they said.
We don't fix elections, the people get what they vote for they said.
We'll all pull together for the nominee they said.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The reason the GOPe didn't fight Obama like this - is that they didn't want to win!  They don't want to win now. 

And they wonder why people are so angry.  But, we just keep empowering them to shove it up our *** and break it off.

Why do we keep letting them do this to us?  Are we like the abused woman dropping charges on the man who broke her jaw in three places?  (or the abused man - don't want to sound sexist)  You know what I mean.

Why do we keep coming back for more?  WE have given them the keys to the castle that we own - paid for and built - and now they have locked us out!

The question is not - what is wrong with THEM - it's what is wrong with US?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

The neocons are determined to split the GOP

The neocons have started a campaign, “Never Trump,” which even has its own Twitter hashtag. Senator Ben Saase (R- Nebraska), has declared that he will never vote for Trump, and he posits – along with Bill Kristol, the little Lenin of the neocons – a “conservative” third party. Others, like neocon foreign policy mavens Robert Kagan and Max Boot, have openly declared for Hillary Clinton, whose interventionist impulses can easily be accommodated to the neoconservative vision of “benevolent global hegemony.”

Offline sinkspur

Looming Disaster: GOP donors will not give to a  "Trump RNC".  Even Donald can't fund the GOP and a general election campaign.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

The Only Sure Ways to Beat Trump

Perhaps the only way to stop him is by assassination or election rigging.

Offline EdinVA

The reason the GOPe didn't fight Obama like this - is that they didn't want to win!  They don't want to win now. 

And they wonder why people are so angry.  But, we just keep empowering them to shove it up our *** and break it off.

Why do we keep letting them do this to us?  Are we like the abused woman dropping charges on the man who broke her jaw in three places?  (or the abused man - don't want to sound sexist)  You know what I mean.

Why do we keep coming back for more?  WE have given them the keys to the castle that we own - paid for and built - and now they have locked us out!

Excellent Post Alice...

Break it off... yikes...

Offline Carling

Looming Disaster: GOP donors will not give to a  "Trump RNC".  Even Donald can't fund the GOP and a general election campaign.

It's funny that you find this a bad thing.  I see it as a positive.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:hands: :hands:

Offline flowers

Funny isn't it? i remember clearly when the GOPe said we had to vote for the GOP/republican because he was in the party. now they don't and won't do it themselves. they can go and shove it where the sun isn't shinning. IMHO   

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hey Bill

Sit down, shut up, and vote as you're told!

Or at least that's what you'd tell conservatives when Romney, Dole, or McCain was running.

I may not be a Trump fan, but I'm not a fan of your wing either.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:06:52 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

Funny isn't it? i remember clearly when the GOPe said we had to vote for the GOP/republican because he was in the party. now they don't and won't do it themselves. they can go and shove it where the sun isn't shinning. IMHO

:amen:

Offline Longiron

Now hopefully most will understand what the UNIPARTY is all about. And some still think they have their best interest at heart!! **nononono*

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

A choice between two evils still leaves no alternative other than to vote for evil.   Myst, do you think for a moment that any one of us appalled by Trumpism would enjoy for a nanosecond the prospect of voting for Clinton?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Now hopefully most will understand what the UNIPARTY is all about. And some still think they have their best interest at heart!! **nononono*

It's Trump that's promoting the Uniparty - by forcing limited government conservatives out of the GOP.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Why should I vote for a candidate that I genuinely believe to be a bigot and proto-fascist?   Why should political loyalty extend so far that I should sell my soul?

It's up to Trump to earn the support of those of us who see him as a dangerous demagogue.   He's got to change what's in his heart, not keep tweeting quotes from Mussolini and feigning ignorance of the white supremacists leeching onto his "movement".     

HonestJohn

The neocons are determined to split the GOP

The neocons have started a campaign, “Never Trump,” which even has its own Twitter hashtag. Senator Ben Saase (R- Nebraska), has declared that he will never vote for Trump, and he posits – along with Bill Kristol, the little Lenin of the neocons – a “conservative” third party. Others, like neocon foreign policy mavens Robert Kagan and Max Boot, have openly declared for Hillary Clinton, whose interventionist impulses can easily be accommodated to the neoconservative vision of “benevolent global hegemony.”

Why are you linking to your thread sourced from a noted anti-Semitic website?

It's looking like the term 'neocon' is really 'Jew'.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:44:44 pm by HonestJohn »