Author Topic: CNN's Kohn: Dems Will Vote to 'Stop Us from Being Nazi Germany'  (Read 1063 times)

rangerrebew

CNN's Kohn: Dems Will Vote to 'Stop Us from Being Nazi Germany'
By Brad Wilmouth | March 2, 2016 | 10:06 AM EST

Appearing as a guest on Wednesday's New Day on CNN to discuss the presidential race, liberal CNN political commentator and Daily Beast columnist Sally Kohn suggested that Democratic voter turnout will likely be up in November with "stopping us from being Nazi Germany" as a motivator against Donald Trump, inspiring no pushback from co-host Alisyn Camerota over the hyperbole.

After Camerota brought up numbers indicating Republican turnout has been up substantially beyond Democratic turnout levels in the primaries, Kohn recalled that Democrats she knows have so far believed Trump would not be able to win:

The other side of this equation is, you know, I keep talking to Democrat after Democrat who say, "Well, Trump isn't going to win, Trump isn't going to win, he can't win." Well, he looks like he's going to win. And, to be honest, that's the biggest motivator, is people have to actually feel something is at stake.

The liberal CNN commentator then showed signs of believing her own propaganda as she described Bernie Sanders as someone who could "finally make this country work for everyone" and Hillary Clinton as a candidate with "the impeccable and vast record of experience" as she suggested that the U.S. would become like Nazi Germany if Trump were elected President:

If they're not motivated to vote for, you know, the guy with the progressive economic message that really would finally make this country work for everyone or the woman who's running with the impeccable and vast record of experience, if that's not enough for people, at least stopping us from being Nazi Germany would hopefully get Democrats and others to turn out.

Camerota, seemingly unfazed by Kohn's incendiary language, merely turned to her other liberal guest, CNN political commentator Hilary Rosen, for reaction. Camerota: "Hilary, do you think it will be a motivating factor come the general?"

Rosen began: "Oh, yeah, I think it was W.C. Fields who said that 'I don't vote for anybody, just against.'"
Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/brad-wilmouth/2016/03/02/cnns-kohn-dems-will-vote-stop-us-being-nazi-germany

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Re: CNN's Kohn: Dems Will Vote to 'Stop Us from Being Nazi Germany'
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »
CamOROT left Fox because she was far left.

Nazi Germany is a fav phrase of the far left, those in the know, know that Hitler was not a far right loon, he was far left.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 04:06:28 pm »
CamOROT left Fox because she was far left.

Nazi Germany is a fav phrase of the far left, those in the know, know that Hitler was not a far right loon, he was far left.

Yep.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »
When I read Victor Klemperer's "I Will Bear Witness," his journal written as a Jewish academic in Germany 1933-45, I started marking in the margin every time some Nazi government action he described reminded me of something done by the Obama administration. There are a lot of marks in the margins.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 05:42:59 pm »
When I read Victor Klemperer's "I Will Bear Witness," his journal written as a Jewish academic in Germany 1933-45, I started marking in the margin every time some Nazi government action he described reminded me of something done by the Obama administration. There are a lot of marks in the margins.
WOW, bet you wore out a case of pencils and the blades on a sharpener...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:43:48 pm »
Sooo, the Dems are going to thwart their own nominee?  :whistle:
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 06:31:45 pm »
WOW, bet you wore out a case of pencils and the blades on a sharpener...
Just about. It's well worth reading.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:18:59 pm »
If Kohn doesn't like the idea of Nazism, he and the rest of the media need to give up their left wing bias and report news, not create it, as did the German media for Hilter.