Author Topic: Beer Goggles For Trump  (Read 487 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Beer Goggles For Trump
« on: February 22, 2016, 05:51:08 pm »
Beer Goggles For Trump

By Steve Berman  |  February 20, 2016, 08:02am

It’s astonishing how much radioactive dirt is out there, and has been for years, on Donald Trump.

Radio host and Second Amendment activist author Dana Loesch has compiled a list of the worst of Trump’s flirtations with organized crime figures, drug convicts and use of undocumented workers to build his Trump Tower.

This stuff is so radioactive that it would have sunk any other candidate months ago. Nobody had to dig it up, Loesch simply compiled what was “public domain as reported in the press, easily found everywhere online.”

But Trump isn’t even dinged by it, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, none of them have really pounced on it. Anderson Cooper, an expert interviewer and one of CNN’s best, tossed softball questions to Trump at the town hall Thursday night (fast food? really?).

It offers proof that the networks are invested in Trump because he helps ratings. Not that some suit has stifled editorial control, not so crass, but the press itself has bought into the bright lights surrounding Trump. They like having him on their shows. They like having him around because he helps their ratings.

They are scared of taking him on because of the backlash–his minions Trumpkins are very effective at messing with people’s personal lives and Trump eggs them on with incendiary tweets and statements.

Even when something is patently false and Trump deletes his own tweets, he goes on talking to crowds as if it’s true, like with Tom Coburn’s fabricated quote on Ted Cruz.

Trump’s entire campaign is now an illusion based on psychology mind tricks.

You know when you’ve been waiting in a very long line, and you finally get toward the front, you’ve become invested in the line. It’s your line. If somebody cuts 10 people in front of you, you’ll likely join in their public stoning. If someone cuts 10 people behind you, you’ll do the same, because the line is to be defended, even if the person cutting is the mother of an 8-year-old sitting in a wheelchair. Stone first, ask questions later.

If you suddenly learn that the line you’ve been in wasn’t for Taylor Swift concert tickets, but for Nickelback (apologies to them, the butt of all music jokes that don’t involve Rickrolling), you might hold on to hope that they really do have Swift tickets at the end, or why else would all these people be lining up? You want to get to the front of the line to find out for yourself, because you’ve already invested all this time.

Well, that’s the Trump campaign. It’s a bandwagon without a band. It’s an empty man peddling his empty rhetoric and people line up for it to see what a billionaire who speaks at a fourth grade level is really like. He’s really like the guy Dana Loesch found.

We’ve been trying to tell you, you’re going to be disappointed if this man gets into office. But now you, the press and all the attention-seekers who want to ride the Trump publicity express are invested in his campaign.

Why leave now? Because it’s an illusion. You’ll feel guilty and stupid later. You’re wearing beer goggles and the person at the bar is the stunning vision of beauty and grace you are seeing. In the morning, you’ll want to chew your arm off to get away.

Read Loesch’s sobering mountain of evidence. Get away now. Trump is an illusion and the sooner we get back to electing a conservative, the better chance we have of actually doing something to reverse eight years of debilitating damage Obama has done to the country.

http://theresurgent.com/beer-goggles-for-trump/

http://danaloeschradio.com/how-i-came-to-my-opinion-on-donald-trump
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Beer Goggles For Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »
Facts and Reason!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien