Author Topic: Live Thread>>New Hampshire Results>>The First Votes of the New Hampshire Primary Have Been Cast  (Read 14796 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Carson just today said he is open to being Trump's VP.
Carly I do not know.  She seems to me as the type that will support whoever the nominee is no matter what.  She may fit in neither group.

I have for sworn pouring any cold water tonight and I won't  but tomorrow isnt far off!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

I seem to recall they all took the same pledge to support the nominee, no?

First debate....raise your hand... Of course Carly wasn't there but I doubt she would not support the nominee. Whether or not she actually votes...that's another question

Offline sinkspur

I have no idea what they'll do, don't sit in on the "counsels" and have no idea of anything related to them except that Trump and Carson have said they are friendly with each other, which I certainly wouldn't credit as something decisive.

My point is that you don't know any more than the rest of us do...you just act like it.  Did you get your bluster training at the School of Trump?

Pretty sure FIorina despises Trump and likely Cruz.

Carson is a hanger-on, desperate for any kind of attention right now.  Not sure it matters who he supports.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
First debate....raise your hand... Of course Carly wasn't there but I doubt she would not support the nominee. Whether or not she actually votes...that's another question

Who they endorse after they drop out of the race and whether or not they will support the eventual nominee are unrelated topics.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

I'll send someone by with a collection plate.

Be generous.

Or send the communion plate  just to be safe. :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Carly I do not know.  She seems to me as the type that will support whoever the nominee is no matter what.  She may fit in neither group.

Iin other words,neither will ever speak to the president,if elected.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Carson and Cruz are meeting privately  on Thursday. What do you suppose they will discuss? And go ahead and discount the value of a Carson endorsement  if it pleases you.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

Amusing how the anti-Trumpsters are saying anything that comes into their heads in order to diminish Trump's resounding victory today.

Sorry, lads, not working, except of course to expose all of you as spoil sports.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Pretty sure FIorina despises Trump and likely Cruz.

Carson is a hanger-on, desperate for any kind of attention right now.  Not sure it matters who he supports.

All but one of the women in my extended family detest both Cruz and Trump.

They're divided on who to support, but pretty dammed united on that.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline xfreeper

Who they endorse after they drop out of the race and whether or not they will support the eventual nominee are unrelated topics.

Yes, thank you. I understand that. The comments were re who they will support. In the end they all support the nominee. During the primaries, who they endorse is, as you pointed out, altogether different

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Amusing how the anti-Trumpsters are saying anything that comes into their heads in order to diminish Trump's resounding victory today.

Sorry, lads, not working, except of course to expose all of you as spoil sports.

You're "Trumpsters"?

How friggin' cute is that?!

Is there a ring and a secret handshake too?

Offline xfreeper

All but one of the women in my extended family detest both Cruz and Trump.

They're divided on who to support, but pretty dammed united on that.

When you look at the breakdown of the vote, all ages, both sexes, all races, all economic groups and all levels of education went for trump in NH. That's pretty remarkable.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
When you look at the breakdown of the vote, all ages, both sexes, all races, all economic groups and all levels of education went for trump in NH. That's pretty remarkable.

I don't have any relatives in New Hampshire.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Indeed! But how many states are there like New  Hampshire?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

Indeed! But how many states are there like New  Hampshire?

Yes, therein lies the whole rub. NH is a very homogeneous state. SC will be a different game

Offline Paladin

You're "Trumpsters"?

How friggin' cute is that?!

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Wingnut

Hi. I'm Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet you.

Offline xfreeper

Just remember it is the job of the other campaign teams to try and make the best of their position.  I was hoping for 2nd but will be happy if Cruz ends with 3rd.  That's a very good night for him considering.  Well, good enough anyway.

But this is your night.  Enjoy it.

Cruz was shooting for a third in Iowa, 2nd in NH and a win in SC to build mo for super tuesday. He exceeded his goal in Iowa, came up a little short in NH. He has been trending upward in SC but so has trump. As it is right now trump is solid in 1st and cruz looks secure in second. We shall see if cruz can gain on him.

Offline Paladin

Congratulations to you and the other Trump supporters.  It is great to win.  Enjoy it for as long as you can.  Trump and team worked very hard in NH and the results show it.

Rat Patrol that is very gracious of you. How I wish your ideological compatriots would show such maturity.

That said, I am not exactly a Trump supporter. I would much prefer a principled Conservative like Cruz. However, as I have tried to make clear time and again, I am deeply offended by the constant venomous attacks here on Trump, and I respond accordingly. I think it much of it diminishes the quality of what is an otherwise excellent discussion site, and quite often reduces us to the level of Daily Kos.

You and BigUn, otoh, have shown you can rise above the childish acerbity of the few on here, and for that I thank you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:18:12 am by Paladin »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Rat Patrol that is very gracious of you. How I wish your ideological compatriots would show such maturity.

That said, I am not exactly a Trump supporter. I would much prefer a principled Conservative like Cruz. However, as I have tried to make clear time and again, I am deeply offended by the constant venomous attacks here on Trump, and I respond accordingly. I think it much of it diminishes the quality of what is an otherwise excellent discussion site, and quite often reduces us to the level of Daily Kos.

You and BigUn, otoh, have shown you can rise above the childish acerbity of the few on here, and for that I thank you.

Offline aligncare

Some do, some don't. Some are, some aren't.

Offline aligncare

Carson will likely throw his support to Trump, since the two of them have developed a close friendship.

Offline aligncare

Yes, very good seeing the demographic breakdown. Especially satisfying are the young Trump voters.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Interesting results ( at 76% reporting).

"Establishment" - 46%
Trump - 34.5%
Cruz - 11.5%

So in essence, "Establishment" 46%, outsiders 46%.

If the real battle here is outsiders v. "the establishment", then that's the only way you can view the vote.

Trump and Cruz may be both outsiders, but they don't appeal to the same voters.

It's a long game.
Indeed. Keep in mind one other thing, though: New Hampshire is probably the most Establishment-friendly state on the early swing. I would not at all be surprised if this is a high-water mark for them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Indeed. Keep in mind one other thing, though: New Hampshire is probably the most Establishment-friendly state on the early swing. I would not at all be surprised if this is a high-water mark for them.

And speaking of high water marks, Trump needs to keep as many people in the race for as long as he can because when it gets down to just two or three he's finished.

- J. R. R. Tolkien