Author Topic: Christie Revels in Rubio Takedown — But Did It Come Too Late?  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/430928/print

Christie Revels in Rubio Takedown — But Did It Come Too Late?
By Tim Alberta — February 7, 2016

Exeter, N.H. — Chris Christie said Sunday that Marco Rubio is no longer “the anointed one” after he tripped up during last night’s presidential debate, responding to Christie’s criticisms with a performance that has indeed disrupted the momentum of his ascent nationally and in New Hampshire.

But with dozens of polls over the past month showing Christie stuck in single digits here — and the Granite State’s primary two days away — New Jersey’s governor was also forced to confront questions about whether he should have attacked Rubio earlier in the Republican debate season.

”No. Listen, you all are the junior political analysts here. I actually do this for a living,” Christie told a crowd of dozens of reporters here outside a local pub, as his entourage roared with laughter.

Pressed on the last-minute nature of his confrontation with Rubio, Christie said, “I picked when I wanted to do it, and I did it. So no, I don’t have any second thoughts.”

Prior to Saturday, Christie spent much of the GOP debate season refusing to criticize his rivals for the nomination. Aside from regularly articulating the differences between governors and senators — often to break up testy exchanges between Rubio and Cruz — Christie has refrained from engaging opponents directly. On several occasions, he even scolded his competitors for fighting among themselves, arguing that they should instead turn their fire on the Democratic party and Hillary Clinton.

That strategy shifted abruptly in Manchester — which was the plan all along, according to Christie, who said he “didn’t make any secret” of his forthcoming assault on Rubio prior to the debate.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Christie Revels in Rubio Takedown — But Did It Come Too Late?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26:17 pm »
All Christie may have done is helped Kasich, the rambling, pontificating wannabe preacher man guy. Which means I'm stuck with having to listen to his churchy sounding philosophical meanderings on stage for a while longer.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:27:53 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Christie Revels in Rubio Takedown — But Did It Come Too Late?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:32:51 pm »
All Christie may have done is helped Kasich, the rambling, pontificating wannabe preacher man guy. Which means I'm stuck with having to listen to his churchy sounding philosophical meanderings on stage for a while longer.

Perhaps he put Kasich back in the VP discussion. Rubio could be in that discussion as well, if he can come back solidly from his faux pas.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan