Author Topic: UN Says US Must Pay Slavery Reparations And Build Monuments For Black People  (Read 1231 times)

rangerrebew

UN Says US Must Pay Slavery Reparations And Build Monuments For Black People

Brian Anderson
February 7, 2016

Recently the United Nations Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent was on a fact-finding mission in America. Their final report won’t be out until the fall, but their initial findings were just reported and it doesn’t look good. Their conclusion: the US is a horribly racist country that must pay all black people slavery reparations and erect monuments to the black cause.

The AP reports the UN group’s findings:

The United States should consider reparations to African-American descendants of slavery, establish a national human rights commission and publicly acknowledge that the trans-Atlantic slave trade was a crime against humanity, a United Nations working group said Friday.

Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent chair Mireille Fanon Mendes-France of France is, “extremely concerned about the human rights situation of African-Americans.”

Wait, her name is Mendes-France and she’s from France? What are the chances of that?

“The colonial history, the legacy of enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the U.S. remains a serious challenge as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent,” said Mendes-France.

And here’s the hilarious reason why the UN thinks America is so gosh darned racist:

For example, Mendes-France compared the recent deaths of unarmed black men like Michael Brown and Eric Garner at the hands of police to the lynchings of black men in the South from the post-Civil War days through the Civil Rights era. Those deaths, and others, have inspired protests around the country under the Black Lives Matter moniker.

“Contemporary police killings and the trauma it creates are reminiscent of the racial terror lynchings in the past. Impunity for state violence has resulted in the current human rights crisis and must be addressed as a matter of urgency,” Mendes-France told reporters.

I guess they didn’t dig too deeply into those cases or they would have found out that the police in both the Michael Brown and Eric Garner deaths were found to have done nothing wrong. Basically the UN group feels America is a terrible place for blacks because the police do their jobs properly.

But wait, it gets worse:

Some of the working group’s members, none of whom are from the United States, said they were shocked by some of the things they found and were told.

For example, “it’s very easy in the United States for African-Americans to be imprisoned, and that was very concerning,” said Sabelo Gumedze of South Africa.

Can you believe that in the United States people go to jail when they are convicted of crimes? How do we live with ourselves?

At this point you are probably furious that you live in such a racist country that allows the police to enforce our laws and even puts black people in prison when they break those laws. Thankfully, the UN has some well-thought out practical solutions:

The working group suggests monuments, markers and memorials be erected in the United States to facilitate dialogue, and “past injustices and crimes against African-Americans need to be addressed with reparatory justice.”

The group will suggest several U.S. changes to improve human rights for African-Americans, which also include establishing a national human rights commission, ratifying international human rights treaties, asking Congress to study slavery and its aftereffects and considering reparations.

Seems simple: all we have to do is give black people trillions of dollars in reparations and build monuments to the black experience and racism will disappear. Black people will be happy, wealthy, and will never complain about anything ever again.

A cheaper solution would be to have a country where everyone has equal protection under the law and everyone has the same opportunities. Oh wait, we already have that.

This isn’t the first time the Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent has slammed the US for violating the rights of black people. Back in 2013 they demanded an investigation into Trayvon Martin’s death and again recommended reparations.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s insane that the United Nations is spending so much time and money on trying to expose massive human rights violations in America? We are the most civilized and integrated country on the planet. You want to find some human rights violations? Try looking everywhere in the world except North America (north of the Rio Grande), Western Europe, and Australia.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/un-says-us-must-pay-slavery-reparations-and-build-monuments-for-black-people
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:50:10 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Gee, I wonder why the United Nitwits don't tell the islamic world to pay reparations to South American and Caribbean blacks since the muslims stole the slaves from Africa and 95 % of slaves went to those two places?  It seems the African nations who engaged in selling black people to the muslim slave traders   should have to pay, too. *look*
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:56:29 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
OK U.N.

I did my part.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

Offline PzLdr

Build it in NYC. Where the U.N used to be...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Wingnut

OK U.N.

I did my part.

Now that's funny right there.  But I bet it would make Jesse Jackson madder than a legless Ethiopian watchin' a doughnut roll down a hill.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OK U.N.

I did my part.

That's SO bad, it's funny!     000hehehehe