Author Topic: Trumping Morality  (Read 4810 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trumping Morality
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 02:50:33 am »
Clarification, please, Mod1. When you quote that statement with approbation did you mean to include this, ah, "issue"?

"Voting for Trump is voting for the devil."

Just curious.

Someday you anti-Trump zealots will learn this kind of hysterics makes you look incredibly foolish and undercuts whatever valid points you might otherwise make.
OK, let's make it clearer why I say Trump is an antichrist. (Not THE antichrist, but one of the many mentioned in John's letters, the false messiahs that have existed throughout time.)

One, the messianic part. Certainly there is a large contingent of Trump's base that views him as a political messiah, a guy who can go in, tear up and cause havoc. Now, there are certainly other candidates' supporters who may have the same view, but it's far more prominent with Trump's base. (In contrast, although I consider Cruz the best candidate in the field, I do not consider him a messiah and understand it will take a cooperative Congress and wise electorate to make sure he can achieve his goals.)

Now, how do we know that Trump is unholy? As I quoted earlier in the thread, you shall know a leader by his (proverbial) fruit. Consider Paul's discourse on the fruits of the spirit and those of the flesh in his letter to the Galatians (chapter 5):

Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faith, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Although I doubt Trump is engaged in murder or sorcery, a lot of the unholy fruits certainly fit Trump. He has committed adultery. He has had frequent outbursts of anger and jealousy, and he engages regularly in rivalry and division (granted, it is politics, where a certain amount is necessary). He has spoken favorably of his lusts—for married women, even for his own daughter! Compare to the fruits of the spirit—Trump is certainly not gentle, self-controlled, patient, or peaceful.

So, from my perspective, Donald Trump certainly resembles an antichrist to me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 03:18:21 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4TaI3y-ZIY

0:40 starts an interesting, often unheard perspective...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:19:40 am by katzenjammer »

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 03:43:14 am »
Well,we know none of it can be the fault of The Anointed One. He is perfect in every way. Don't you know he was smart enough to be born as a Trust Fund Child into a wealthy family?

and there wise guys from Jersey came to his bedside to offer gifts from afar..
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:43:32 am by Meshuge Mikey »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!