Author Topic: VA to reinstate official who stole $130,000 from agency  (Read 358 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
VA to reinstate official who stole $130,000 from agency
« on: January 29, 2016, 10:28:54 pm »
VA to reinstate official who stole $130,000 from agency

By SARAH WESTWOOD (@SARAHCWESTWOOD) • 1/29/16 12:29 PM

A Department of Veterans Affairs official who was demoted after allegedly stealing thousands of taxpayer dollars from the agency was quietly reinstated to her position earlier this week.

Kimberly Graves, former head of a VA regional office in Minnesota, appeared before the Merit Systems Protection Board Wednesday to appeal the VA's decision to strip her of her title in the wake of a scathing inspector general report. That report found Graves had pressured a colleague to leave his job so she could manipulate an employee relocation program and pocket nearly $130,000.

Diana Rubens, another VA official named in the watchdog report, will learn her fate Monday. Rubens was accused by the inspector general of creating a less-demanding position for herself at the VA's regional office in Philadelphia, then netting $274,000 in moving benefits to take the job.

The VA demoted both Graves and Rubens in response to the findings, although both officials took their cases to the Merit Systems Protection Board, which weighs personnel disputes at agencies across the federal government.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/va-to-reinstate-official-who-stole-130000-from-agency/article/2581840?custom_click=rss
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: VA to reinstate official who stole $130,000 from agency
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:58 pm »
Just when you think it can't get any worse it jumps up and proves you wrong!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien