Author Topic: Special Ops Commander Demands Pentagon Stop Exposing Operations  (Read 797 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Special Ops Commander Demands Pentagon Stop Exposing Operations
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:51:14 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/special-ops-commander-demands-pentagon-stop-exposing-operations/

Special Ops Commander Demands Pentagon Stop Exposing Operations
Gen. Joseph Votel: Publicity makes it harder for forces to do their jobs

BY: Morgan Chalfant   
January 27, 2016 5:16 pm

President Obama’s nominee to head U.S. Central Command recently penned a memo to Defense Secretary Ash Carter demanding that the Pentagon stop discussing the operations of elite American troops.

Foreign Policy, which obtained an excerpt of the memo, reported that Gen. Joseph Votel, currently the chief of U.S. Special Operations Command, wrote the December 8 memo to express concern about the Obama administration’s exposure of special operations forces’ activities.

“I am concerned with increased public exposure of SOF activities and operations, and I assess that it is time to get our forces back into the shadows,” Votel wrote to Carter.

While it remains unclear to what public comments Votel was referring, the memo was sent just days after the White House revealed that it was sending approximately 200 special operations forces to Iraq to combat ISIS.

According to the defense official who provided the excerpt of the memo, Votel further wrote that publicizing the operations makes it more difficult for U.S. forces to conduct them. He also “requested the department support him with an approach to avoid public discussion of SOF activities,” the defense official said.

At the start of December, Carter told lawmakers that the U.S. would deploy a “specialized expeditionary targeting force” to Iraq to fight ISIS. It followed an October announcement from the White House that a small number of special operations forces–less than 50–would be deployed to Syria to fight the terror group there.

An anonymous defense official questioned about the memo told Foreign Policy that Carter “shares Gen. Votel’s concerns about the public disclosure of SOF operations, especially any reporting that could expose our personnel to additional risk and undermine their chances for success.”

He further stated, however, that the Pentagon is obligated to keep the public informed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Special Ops Commander Demands Pentagon Stop Exposing Operations
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »
He further stated, however, that the Pentagon is obligated to keep the public informed.

No. They are not. They are obligated to keep the CinC and his assigns informed. No one else.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:35:38 pm »
"An anonymous defense official questioned about the memo told Foreign Policy that Carter “shares Gen. Votel’s concerns about the public disclosure of SOF operations, especially any reporting that could expose our personnel to additional risk and undermine their chances for success.”

The typical bureaucratic was of saying "increases their chances of being killed".

"He further stated, however, that the Pentagon is obligated to keep the public informed."

SAY WHAT??????? The Pentagon is not obligated,or even authorized,to tell the public a single damn thing about military operations.

The ONLY exceptions are when a  unit is training in the US,and part of their training will be in areas where civilians may hear explosions or gunfire. They then notify the local populace so nobody gets excited or scared.

The guy that spouted that nonsense is obviously a political appointee. Any normal Civil Service Pentagon employee would know better.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:37:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:43:50 pm »
"An anonymous defense official questioned about the memo told Foreign Policy that Carter “shares Gen. Votel’s concerns about the public disclosure of SOF operations, especially any reporting that could expose our personnel to additional risk and undermine their chances for success.”

The typical bureaucratic was of saying "increases their chances of being killed".

"He further stated, however, that the Pentagon is obligated to keep the public informed."

SAY WHAT??????? The Pentagon is not obligated,or even authorized,to tell the public a single damn thing about military operations.

The ONLY exceptions are when a  unit is training in the US,and part of their training will be in areas where civilians may hear explosions or gunfire. They then notify the local populace so nobody gets excited or scared.

The guy that spouted that nonsense is obviously a political appointee. Any normal Civil Service Pentagon employee would know better.

Absolutely right!

Across the board!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:13:23 pm »
Obama is not only not a soldier of any kind, he is a Leftist hippy Liberal who does not understand military tactics. Also, he seems to not be able to comprehend the idea of "classified information".

Obama has become famous for revealing very specific movement of forces information directly to the enemy. He tells them specific numbers of troop withdrawals or additions, including things like the specific theater of operations in which they will occur and he even gives them specific timetables and even dates.

Also, Obama is well known for giving the enemy operational details about what American forces will or will not do. There will never be ground forces, for example.

All of these things are very valuable information to the enemy. Any information they can get, especially information coming directly from CIC, gives them an advantage. They can change and alter tactics to leverage maximum advantage from what Obama tells them he is going to do.

Obama has always felt the need to apologize to the enemy for the actions of the U.S. military. I always thought that his broadcasting of military operations was his way of sort of, evening up the playing field, almost like a kind of reparation or apology to the enemy for American military strength. But, I don't know. I can't imagine what he is thinking.

If we want to stop the leak of military operational details, the first thing that should happen is that someone has to tell Obama to shut his freaking mouth.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:21:28 pm »
did he say anything about obama giving those sim cards to Iran?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:32:38 pm »

That wouldn't have been specops, so not within his remit.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »

He flew a top secret stealth drone directly to Iran and landed it on a runway there claiming that it was a "navigational error". Then when the military wanted to destroy it on the runway, they were told to stand down.

This was a very significant security breach that no one ever talks about.

Obama clearly has an abnormal fondness for Iran. I know Jarrett is most likely behind it, but it is still hard to understand.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 09:13:25 pm »

Obama has always felt the need to apologize to the enemy for the actions of the U.S. military. I always thought that his broadcasting of military operations was his way of sort of, evening up the playing field, almost like a kind of reparation or apology to the enemy for American military strength. But, I don't know. I can't imagine what he is thinking.

If we want to stop the leak of military operational details, the first thing that should happen is that someone has to tell Obama to shut his freaking mouth.

The answer is simple.   He hates white people,and he hates America.

And as President,no one is in a position to tell him to shut up.  This is the kind of crap that happens when you hire people you can't fire.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:24 pm »
He flew a top secret stealth drone directly to Iran and landed it on a runway there claiming that it was a "navigational error". Then when the military wanted to destroy it on the runway, they were told to stand down.

Obama clearly has an abnormal fondness for Iran. I know Jarrett is most likely behind it, but it is still hard to understand.

Seriously?????

That wasn't a security breach,that was treason!

If we Americans allow him to get away with that,we don't deserve to stay free.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
Yep - was one of the first things he did - 2009? I think. was a long time back, anyway.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:22:35 pm »

I know...I remember that and how everyone seem to just say....oh well, it crashed we lost it. That was major as well. Not hard to understand once you see whose side they are on......it all makes sense then.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 09:24:01 pm »
Yep - was one of the first things he did - 2009? I think. was a long time back, anyway.
One of the first things he did was take the  Muslim Brotherhood off of  US terrorist list. I mean within days of him being in office.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 09:27:32 pm »
You know - I had completely forgotten about that!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 09:44:29 pm »
One of the first things he did was take the  Muslim Brotherhood off of  US terrorist list. I mean within days of him being in office.

Obama says the MB are not terrorists, and yet the group is banned in several Muslim nations for being terrorists. How ironic is it that Muslim nations, who I think would know terrorists when they see them, recognize the MB as terrorists, and yet Obama says they are not? What is that all about? Nevermind. We all already know what it is about.

According to Obama there are no Muslim terrorists at all. There is no such thing as Islamic terrorism. It does not exist. So, there's that...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »
Obama says the MB are not terrorists, and yet the group is banned in several Muslim nations for being terrorists. How ironic is it that Muslim nations, who I think would know terrorists when they see them, recognize the MB as terrorists, and yet Obama says they are not? What is that all about? Nevermind. We all already know what it is about.

According to Obama there are no Muslim terrorists at all. There is no such thing as Islamic terrorism. It does not exist. So, there's that...

Obama is an Iranian agent under the control of Valarie Jarrett!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 10:08:59 pm »
Obama is an Iranian agent under the control of Valarie Jarrett!
I used to not believe that. Used to.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 02:02:42 pm »
I used to not believe that. Used to.

I think she is just one of that cretin's handlers,the prime one being George Soros,the WW-2 Nazi collaborator and informer on his fellow Jews.

HEY! If you can't trust a man who informed on his fellow Jews to the Nazis for cash so they could be arrested and sent to the death camps,who CAN you trust,right?  <S>