Author Topic: White guy to play Michael Jackson: Wendy Williams stokes angry fire . . . it’s what he always wanted  (Read 1230 times)

rangerrebew

White guy to play Michael Jackson: Wendy Williams stokes angry fire . . . it’s what he always wanted
January 27, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | 8 Comments | Print Article
 l

People who were already inflamed by the lack of black actors and actresses nominated for Academy Awards (view a sampling here, here, and here) went insane Wednesday when a white actor was pegged to play Michael Jackson in a new movie.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, black talk show host Wendy Williams argued that M.J. would be “doing cartwheels in Heaven” with the news.

Joseph Fiennes was chosen to play the iconic entertainer in an upcoming comedy about a road trip taken by Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor and the King of Pop after the attacks of 9/11.

The story is based on an urban legend about the three stars road tripping to Los Angeles due to flight cancellations following the attacks, the Huffington Post reported.

“I got the script the other day,” Fiennes said in an interview with WENN. “It’s a challenge. It’s a comedy. It doesn’t poke mean fun, but it’s a story, possibly urban legend, whereby Michael, Marlon Brando, and Liz Taylor were all together the day before 9/11 doing a concert. Airspace was shut down and they couldn’t get out and Michael had the bright idea to go to hire a car and drive.

“So the three of them got in a car and drove 500 miles to Los Angeles. It took them a while because they had to stop at a lot of Burger Kings for Marlon; but they got out!

“It’s a lovely thing about Michael’s relationship with Liz Taylor and Marlon Brando. It’s a fun, light-hearted tongue-in-cheek road trip of what celebrity of that kind is like. But also it’s rather beautiful and poignant about their relationships as well.”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/01/27/white-guy-to-play-michael-jackson-wendy-williams-stokes-angry-fire-its-what-he-always-wanted-299215#ixzz3yXt2O03W

rangerrebew

The same people who are angry over this have no problem with the next Nancy Drew being black or the next James Bond being black. :shrug:  Where is the black tolerance for this diversity? :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:33:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

He self identified as white so I don't see a problem! :whocares:

Offline mountaineer

The same people who are angry over this have no problem with the next Nancy Drew being black or the next James Bond being black. :shrug:  Where is the black tolerance for this diversity? :shrug:
It's a one-way street. Arrow? I didn't even see the native oppressed indigenous Americans, officer, but that's because of my white privilege!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A Black actor playing Jackson would be a farce. A Black guy would look nothing like him in skin color or facial features, or in tone of voice.

I'm surprised they went with a White guy. The reality is that Jackson was much more of a White woman than he was any kind of man, from any race.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

If Liza Minelli were 25 years younger, she could portray Jacko.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

There IS none.

"White debbils gotta die" is their slogan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"At the opposite end of the spectrum, black talk show host Wendy Williams argued that M.J. would be “doing cartwheels in Heaven” with the news."

BTW,we should give a little shout out here to Wendy Williams for not playing the race card,and for being grounded in reality.

Other than that "heaven" thing,that is. If there is a heaven,he ain't there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He self identified as white so I don't see a problem! :whocares:

:silly: