Author Topic: Limbaugh: Heartland country doesn't consider Fox News a conservative network anymore  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/limbaugh-fox-isnt-the-conservative-network-it-used-to-be/article/2581640

The average American no longer thinks of Fox News as a genuinely conservative news network, talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said this week.

"Folks, I want to let you in on another observation of mine … virtually everybody thinks of Fox News as a conservative network," he said Wednesday. "[But] I'm here to tell you: Fox News is not considered the conservative network that it used to be."

"I'm not trying to stir anything up here. I'm saying that when you hear the media, who are all leftists, talk about Fox News, it may as well be the John Birch Society as far as they're concerned," he added, referring to an old right-wing fringe group from the 1950s. "That's why they hate it. It may as well be the Birchers. It may as well be whatever evil right-wing organization. That's what they think it is. But you go out to the heartland of this country, and it's not so much."

Limbaugh explained that people in the heartland have long questioned the network's conservative credentials over its tendency to host left-leaning guests, including reporters from the New York Times and the Washington Post.

.... More at link

----------------------------

Fox News has never claimed to be conservative.  It is Fair and Balanced.

I can think of one guy in the media who claims to be conservative, yet he is carrying water for a big orange rat populist running for the GOP nomination.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:39:02 am by Once-Ler »

HAPPY2BME

You can almost track the (connected) downward spiral of unreliability and disingenuous credibility over the past six years of both the Republican Party and Fox News.

Its like Rupert Murdoch controlled both of them.

And it shows.

Offline GAJohnnie

And the Leftists rejoice as Fox News and the rest of the "Conservative media" like NRO, TownHall, Weekly Standard et al declare war on their own viewership base.

Simply question. Why is choosing the moderators for a Presidential candidate debate more important to Fox News then having the front running Presidential candidate at the debate? Are the candidates or the Networks the focus of the debate?

That right there shows just why this whole "debate" process is totally messed up. The "Journalists" now think they are part of the story, not there to report on the event.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't think most really considered Fox really Conservative. They were, as they claim, balanced (or at least tried to be). They would have a wide variety of views and were the only network to show predominantly libertarian leaning hosts (Stossel, Kennedy, Napolitano). The Conservative shows generally had liberal guests. And let's face it, the guy most consider the biggest Conservative on there, O'Reilly, is really just a populist who goes whichever way the wind blows.

If we can't have a news station that is just facts, at least one like Fox that does try to bring in a balance of opinions.

HAPPY2BME

And the Leftists rejoice as Fox News and the rest of the "Conservative media" like NRO, TownHall, Weekly Standard et al declare war on their own viewership base.

Simply question. Why is choosing the moderators for a Presidential candidate debate more important to Fox News then having the front running Presidential candidate at the debate? Are the candidates or the Networks the focus of the debate?

That right there shows just why this whole "debate" process is totally messed up. The "Journalists" now think they are part of the story, not there to report on the event.

=============================================

This is going straight up, hitting the ceiling, bouncing off a wall, and falling on completely 'selective hearing progressives' who are so hypnotized by the politically correct programming they can no longer tell the difference.

IOW, the truth hits dead on arrival.  Their lights are on, but nobody's home.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Simple question.  Why is the "front running Presidential candidate" ducking the only debate held in Iowa, on the eve of the Iowa caucus, because he's afraid of taking tough questions?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Simple question.  Why is the "front running Presidential candidate" ducking the only debate held in Iowa, on the eve of the Iowa caucus, because he's afraid of taking tough questions?   

Choosing tough moderators is a good move for the voters. The fans of those who get the tough or slanted questions always complain but let's be real, the job of Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces, especially for a Republican, isn't a cake walk and they don't get softball questions from the media, adversaries, or those they are negotiating with.

The debates are not just a test to see the answers to the questions, but to see how well they handle pressure.

If a little tough question gets to them and they lose their cool, how can they be expected to act when that 2AM phone call comes with a real emergency?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have always considered Fox News Neo-Conservative, not conservative.  I get sick of the relentless, non-stop drumbeats for war and the cotton candy conservatism of Bill O'Reilly, Megan Kelly and (to a lesser extent) Sean Hannity. 

HAPPY2BME

I have always considered Fox News Neo-Conservative, not conservative.  I get sick of the relentless, non-stop drumbeats for war and the cotton candy conservatism of Bill O'Reilly, Megan Kelly and (to a lesser extent) Sean Hannity.

================================

You just let the dogs loose. 

The good ones.

Offline GAJohnnie

Choosing tough moderators is a good move for the voters. The fans of those who get the tough or slanted questions always complain but let's be real, the job of Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces, especially for a Republican, isn't a cake walk and they don't get softball questions from the media, adversaries, or those they are negotiating with.

The debates are not just a test to see the answers to the questions, but to see how well they handle pressure.

If a little tough question gets to them and they lose their cool, how can they be expected to act when that 2AM phone call comes with a real emergency?

Walking into a staged media ambush is not "leadership". It is not bravery, it is foolish. Leadership is about changing the equations to favorable terms not "Bravely" walking into the media ambush because a candidate is more worried about their political image with the voters then leading. Unfortunately our current crop of professional politicians, controlled by their political consultants,  are more worried about kowtowing to the Media then leading

Question for tonight

Senator/Governor..., if elected are YOU going to be in charge or is Fox News going to dictate TO you then also?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:03:35 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline NavyCanDo

I have never considered FOX News to be "conservative" by its truest sense of the word, but it is undoubtedly Right of Center. Especially when  matched up against CNN, and MSNBC.    It's Rush Limbaugh which I have to question if he hasn't let his conservative credentials slide because of his support of Trump,  looking past his recent support of Ethanol subsidies, and other Liberal issues. Where his conservative brother David Limbaugh is a solid supporter of Cruz.

Trashing FOX News at this point of time, is not honest criticism of their journalism, but instead it's Trump supporters justification for him not showing up tonight. A way to deal with their own negative feelings about it. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn