Author Topic: Donald Trump feud causes panicking Fox News CEO Roger Ailes to call Ivanka and Melania in attempt to get the frontrunner BACK to the debate - but he'll only speak to Murdoch  (Read 1945 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3419173/Donald-Trump-feud-causes-panicking-Fox-News-CEO-Roger-Ailes-call-Ivanka-Melania-attempt-frontrunner-debate-ll-speak-Murdoch.html

Donald Trump feud causes panicking Fox News CEO Roger Ailes to call Ivanka and Melania in attempt to get the frontrunner BACK to the debate - but he'll only speak to Murdoch

Donald Trump's refusal to attend Fox News' debate on Thursday night has sent Fox News into chaos
    The network's CEO has reportedly reached out to both Ivanka and Melania Trump to try and get the Republican front-runner to change his mind
    He refuses to attend over the inclusion of anchor Megyn Kelly as one of the debate moderators and will only speak to network head Rupert Murdoch
    Kelly meanwhile welcomed liberal filmmaker Michael Moore on her program Tuesday night who applauded her handling of the Trump feud
    One Fox News anchor said of Moore and Kelly; 'That would be like Rachel Maddow laughing along with Charles Koch as he trashed Hillary Clinton!'
    Trump called Kelly a 'lightweight reporter' on Wednesday morning and his campaign manager said she is 'completely obsessed' with Trump
    Murdoch meanwhile is trying to get Michael Bloomberg to join the race for president
    Murdoch has yet to comment on Trump pulling out, but took to Twitter Wednesday to criticize debate co-host Google for not paying fair tax
    See more of the latest on the GOP debate as Trump refuses to attend

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:48 EST, 27 January 2016 | Updated: 12:34 EST, 27 January 2016

The Fox News and Donald Trump feud is heating up now that the Republican front-runner has announced he will not be attending the network's debate Thursday night over the presence of anchor Megyn Kelly.

And while the network appears to be publicly siding with Kelly, who is still set to moderate Thursday's debate, the network is also reportedly trying to privately plead with Trump the best way they know how - through the women in his life.

Joe Scarborough revealed on Morning Joe Wednesday morning that Fox News CEO Roger Ailes had been trying to contact both Ivanka and Melania Trump hoping they could convince Trump to change his mind, but that Trump would only speak to Rupert Murdoch.

Kelly meanwhile welcomed a surprisingly liberal guest on her program Tuesday night, Michael Moore.

The documentary filmmaker was there to promote his new film Where to Invade Next?, but also took time to applaud Kelly and ask how she was dealing with the very public feud between her and Trump while mocking the presidential hopeful over his refusal to attend the debate.

Meanwhile, Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowski continued with their unified attack on Kelly Wednesday morning during an appearance on Good Morning America saying that the anchor is 'completely obsessed' with the presidential hopeful.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3419173/Donald-Trump-feud-causes-panicking-Fox-News-CEO-Roger-Ailes-call-Ivanka-Melania-attempt-frontrunner-debate-ll-speak-Murdoch.html#ixzz3yTAGIAIv
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

back·fire

ˈbakˌfī(ə)r/
verb
verb: backfire; 3rd person present: backfires; past tense: backfired; past participle: backfired; gerund or present participle: backfiring

synonyms:   rebound, boomerang, come back; More
    fail, miscarry, go wrong;
    informalblow up in someone's face
    "Bernard's plan backfired"

(of a plan or action) rebound adversely on the originator; have the opposite effect to what was intended.
    "overzealous publicity backfired on her"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:11:20 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Here's what Murdoch has to ask himself:

Is saving Megyn Kelly's reputation worth the end of Fox News?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Fox isn't going anywhere regardless of how they respond to this.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Longiron

TRUMP = Planning and Perfect Execution  :amen: The next big anti TRUMP News will be Putin send Congrats note or tweet for sticking it to BIG US Media.  :silly:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Kelly meanwhile welcomed liberal filmmaker Michael Moore on her program Tuesday night who applauded her handling of the Trump feud

Michael Moore is backing Megyn Kelly?  Is that the sound of heads exploding I hear?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

Michael Moore is backing Megyn Kelly?  Is that the sound of heads exploding I hear?

======================================

Pay attention.

What part of 'neocon' do these people not understand?

neoconservative

Definition of neoconservative

:  a former liberal espousing political conservatism

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
======================================

Pay attention.

What part of 'neocon' do these people not understand?

neoconservative

Definition of neoconservative

:  a former liberal espousing political conservatism..

There has been a tremendous amount of discussion right here about Donald Trump being a liberal and a foil for Clinton.  Almost endless actually...

So now Megyn Kelly, the new darling hero of those opposed to Trump, is bringing on Michael Moore in defense of herself on the day the feud goes nuclear?

That, folks, is what you call irony.

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

There has been a tremendous amount of discussion right here about Donald Trump being a liberal and a foil for Clinton.  Almost endless actually...

So now Megyn Kelly, the new darling hero of those opposed to Trump, is bringing on Michael Moore in defense of herself on the day the feud goes nuclear?

That, folks, is what you call irony.

===============================

No irony - it was simply a slip - a showing of cards unintentionally.

Offline musiclady

I swear, you Trump-followers are delusional.

You seriously think Trump's infantile attacks on Kelly are going to destroy Fox News??   :silly:  :silly:  :silly:  :silly:

You people have all gone round the bend.........

(First time I've ever used the silly emoticon more than once.  It's crazy time for the Trump folks!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
In Megyn's case, a NeoCon could also be an opportunist.  FOX has big ratings.  Does anyone seriously doubt that she is a liberal at heart and that she has nothing but disdain for conservatives?  She talks a good game, but she's been letting the mask slip lately - can't contain her hatred much longer. 

I predict she won't be staying much longer at FOX - like others before her - she'll be jumping ship to CNN.  Then, we'll get to see her REAL face (well, LESS people will get to see her real face - I mean, it IS CNN).

buh bye

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

You seriously think Trump's infantile attacks on Kelly are going to destroy Fox News??   :silly:  :silly:  :silly:  :silly:

Trump's arrogance is rubbing off on his supporters.  000hehehehe
-Socrates

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
===============================

No irony - it was simply a slip - a showing of cards unintentionally.

If that was unintentional then she is as stupid as a bimbo - definition follows for political correctness: an attractive but empty-headed young woman, especially one perceived as a willing sex object.

You can't put Michael Moore on and not know your cards are as nearly-naked as her prior-life photo shoot.

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

Trump's arrogance is rubbing off on his supporters.  000hehehehe

It certainly is.

Very nice people have changed dramatically for the worse in order to defend the indefensible.

Remarkable.

And very sad.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

In Megyn's case, a NeoCon could also be an opportunist.  FOX has big ratings.  Does anyone seriously doubt that she is a liberal at heart and that she has nothing but disdain for conservatives?  She talks a good game, but she's been letting the mask slip lately - can't contain her hatred much longer. 

I predict she won't be staying much longer at FOX - like others before her - she'll be jumping ship to CNN.  Then, we'll get to see her REAL face (well, LESS people will get to see her real face - I mean, it IS CNN).

buh bye

Bet you don't ever watch her do you?  Bet you haven't watched her since she was mean to Donald, have you?

(And since when does being a "NEO-CON" take you off Fox News, anyway?  This is getting SO silly).

Offline Dexter

It certainly is.

Very nice people have changed dramatically for the worse in order to defend the indefensible.

Remarkable.

And very sad.

People can and will rationalize anything. They like Trump and they believe in his message. I imagine the rest is background noise to them.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

People can and will rationalize anything. They like Trump and they believe in his message. I imagine the rest is background noise to them.

I used to think conservatives were above this level of rationalization.

I'm getting my eyes opened with this Trump worship.......

They truly don't care what he says or does.  He is god.  Everyone who opposes him is trash. (People here who previously said they liked Cruz are now trying to destroy him).

It's disturbing.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Bet you don't ever watch her do you?  Bet you haven't watched her since she was mean to Donald, have you?

(And since when does being a "NEO-CON" take you off Fox News, anyway?  This is getting SO silly).

Haven't watched FOX in probably five years.  Have never seen Megyn's show.  I don't even have cable tv!  Cut that trash off in 2012. 

She won't be "taken" off FOX - she will leave when her contract or whatever is up.  For now, she will play the little victim and may have to take some more time off work pretty soon. 

As far as "nice people" changing for the worse around here - I can't speak for anyone else - but I have taken the gloves off.  Tired of being nice and respectful to people, tired of trying to disprove false statements with research and facts, tired of conceding that I LIKE Cruz - I really LIKE him, but I don't think he can win......

.....REALLY tired of the silly pictures that would only appeal to "low-info voters"
.....tired of the insults.

Defend your candidate, you really should, like I'll defend mine.  But if you say something like, Trump lies all the time - you better be able to prove that or I will call you out on it. 

I get it, he respects the Constitution - I just happen to think he'd be a lousy president because -

- he's a young man in a hurry.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Haven't watched FOX in probably five years.  Have never seen Megyn's show.  I don't even have cable tv!  Cut that trash off in 2012. 

She won't be "taken" off FOX - she will leave when her contract or whatever is up.  For now, she will play the little victim and may have to take some more time off work pretty soon. 

As far as "nice people" changing for the worse around here - I can't speak for anyone else - but I have taken the gloves off.  Tired of being nice and respectful to people, tired of trying to disprove false statements with research and facts, tired of conceding that I LIKE Cruz - I really LIKE him, but I don't think he can win......

.....REALLY tired of the silly pictures that would only appeal to "low-info voters"

Defend your candidate, you really should, like I'll defend mine.  But if you say something like, Trump lies all the time - you better be able to prove that or I will call you out on it. 

I get it, he respects the Constitution - I just happen to think he'd be a lousy president because -

See, that's the beauty of supporting someone like Cruz (or several others): we don't have to defend them! 

And, as for your "young man in a hurry" quip, he's actually an accomplished middle-aged man.  He is younger than Trump, as I am, and I assure you, I'm not a young woman, in a hurry or otherwise.

HAPPY2BME

I swear, you Trump-followers are delusional.

You people have all gone round the bend.........

(First time I've ever used the silly emoticon more than once.  It's crazy time for the Trump folks!)

=================================================

Howard Stern and Megyn Kelly discuss breasts, penises & Republican litmus tests about Fox News

Offline Dexter

I LIKE Cruz - I really LIKE him, but I don't think he can win......

Republicans need to think long and hard about who is more equipped to challenge the Democrats. The stakes are high right now.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

I'm glad you've admitted that you never watch Kelly.  If you did, you would know she's not liberal, and she's good at what she does.

And if you were even a tiny bit objective, you would know that her question to your Trump was tough, but fair.  The idea that he's throwing a hissy fit because she was mean to him is so ridiculous it's almost painful.

I think the pictures are silly too, so I just scroll by them.  They don't advance the conversation at all (but then again, neither does stuff that some of your pals post here).

As for Trump's lying.  His entire campaign is based on his saying things that are the opposite of what he's said before.

The reason there's such an argument on his view of issues is that he has said polar opposite things, and both can be documented.  You have gotten so upset at people who have heard him say and can document that he is for single payer, but the records are out there.  He's just said the opposite thing lately in order to get himself elected as a "Republican."

Maybe your definition of lying is more specific than that, but I'd say that saying you believe something when you don't, is a lie.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Offline Dexter

Is Donald Trump man enough?

Ted Cruz is more conservative and has more political experience. A one on one debate would end badly for Donald Trump. I'm sure both Trump and Cruz know that, which is why this debate will never happen. Donald will give Fox the middle finger and his supporters will be impressed by his rebellious attitude.
-Socrates