Author Topic: Trump Doesn't Make Deals With Anybody - Steve King: Trump Might Be Buying Endorsements  (Read 836 times)

HAPPY2BME

At a press conference in Marshalltown, Iowa, on Tuesday, Trump said he has made "no deals" for any endorsements.

"Joe never asked me for a thing," he said of Arpaio. "Sarah Palin never asked me for a thing. We got a tremendous endorsement today from, as you know, Jerry Falwell from Liberty University. Jerry's a terrific man, respected by everybody. And I will tell you that what was so beautiful about it, no deals, Jerry didn't say, 'Oh, could I do this, could I do that? Joe didn't say it, Sarah didn't say it. We don't make deals. We don't make deals. Not with Fox, not with anybody."

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King, a supporter of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's presidential campaign, suggested on Tuesday that front-runner Donald Trump, a billionaire real estate developer, is buying endorsements.

"Let's just say this: when Donald Trump decides he wants somebody on his team, he has an unlimited reservoir of resources that he can bring to bear," King told Politico following news of two new high-profile endorsements: Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

"One of them is money, but it may not be," King said. "It might be fame, it might be the mystique of the Trump machine, it might be people are afraid of retribution and it might be people that are looking for opportunities down the line. And it might be any combination of those things and others that I haven't said. That explains most of what you've seen come behind Donald Trump in one way or another."

King told Politico he wasn't making any specific accusations that Trump had promised anyone anything in exchange for an endorsement, but said he is aware that such talks can take place.

"Who's said no to Donald Trump when he's really wanted their endorsement? Who's said no? I can tell you different people that have," he said, but would not say if Trump had made him an offer. "Let me say that we've been involved in a network of politics in this state for a long time, we have an organizational reach, and a family organizational reach that goes out to many components of politics in Iowa. When there are proposals that are made, that are seeking to gather those endorsements, I sometimes have a pretty good idea of exactly what they are."

At a press conference in Marshalltown, Iowa, on Tuesday, Trump said he has made "no deals" for any endorsements.

"Joe never asked me for a thing," he said of Arpaio. "Sarah Palin never asked me for a thing. We got a tremendous endorsement today from, as you know, Jerry Falwell from Liberty University. Jerry's a terrific man, respected by everybody. And I will tell you that what was so beautiful about it, no deals, Jerry didn't say, 'Oh, could I do this, could I do that? Joe didn't say it, Sarah didn't say it. We don't make deals. We don't make deals. Not with Fox, not with anybody."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-endorsements-jerry-falwell-jr-sheriff-arpaio/2016/01/26/id/711139/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Considering pretty much everything else he said is untrue, and that the entire premise of his existence is making deals, I rate this one a Pants on Fire.

8bs8
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

Considering pretty much everything else he said is untrue, and that the entire premise of his existence is making deals, I rate this one a Pants on Fire.

8bs8

============================

Of course you do.

And you have personally verified it with Jerry Fallwell Jr., Joe Arpaio, and Sarah Palin.

How did you get their phone numbers?

Offline katzenjammer

LOL, Steve King should know all about endorsements for sale as he is very well acquainted with Bob Vander Plaats!  Ask Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney about how much Vander Plaats' endorsements cost!  (Hint: Romney didn't want to pay so it went to Huckabee.)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
What a bunch of nothing!

I'm not saying he DID, but he COULD have!

I don't know that he DID, but I've heard it could happen!

I don't know of anyone that has, but it's possible!

Let's just say I've heard of it happening before to someone else!

If he wanted to, he could certainly afford to!

I'm not accusing him of doing it, but I'm aware it could take place!

:LAME:

But then again - I can see the piling on already by those who just read the headline and jump in to clusterpost. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

King told Politico he wasn't making any specific accusations that Trump had promised anyone anything in exchange for an endorsement, but said he is aware that such talks can take place.

OMG... I am LOL here.    :silly:  :silly:

Is King a sufficient embarrassment yet? 

Offline katzenjammer

King is behaving just like the rest of the sycophants -- throwing crap up against the wall and hoping that something will stick!

King is behaving just like the rest of the sycophants -- throwing crap up against the wall and hoping that something will stick!

Exactly!      :thumbsup3:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I am SHOCKED... SHOCKED that someone running for office would trade favors or money for endorsements. 

HAPPY2BME

================================

I trust Steve King's judgement much more than I trust Megyn Kelly.

Steve has been right on many, many issues, and I understand where he is coming from on this.  But it is a cheap shot, which demonstrates just how much trouble Cruz (not Trump) is in.

I am SHOCKED... SHOCKED that someone running for office would trade favors or money for endorsements.

You can rest easy because Trump has not.

Offline aligncare

I would suspect Donald Trump paid for endorsement if it was say, Joy Behar, Prince or Michael Moore coming out to endorse.

See, context is everything. Phyllis Schlafly, Joe Arpaio, Jerry Falwell, Sarah Palin are politically simpatico. It just makes sense they would endorse. They share political issues. No inducement necessary.

HAPPY2BME

Phyllis Schlafly, Joe Arpaio, Jerry Falwell, Sarah Palin are politically simpatico. It just makes sense they would endorse. They share political issues. No inducement necessary.

===============================

Of those, Pyllis Schlafly's endorsement alone is enough to convince the majority of seasoned Republicans on who to support.

Not taking anything away from the other three, but Phyllis has been in the thick of this for decades longer than the rest of them.

Offline katzenjammer

I suspect that there are more people that have taken heed of what Phyllis said, than most are counting at the present.