Author Topic: Gowdy: ‘Eye-Opening’ And ‘Surprising’ Results To Come Soon From Benghazi Investigation  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/25/gowdy-eye-opening-and-surprising-results-to-come-soon-from-benghazi-investigation-video/?print=1

Gowdy: ‘Eye-Opening’ And ‘Surprising’ Results To Come Soon From Benghazi Investigation [VIDEO]

Posted By Steve Guest On 8:07 PM 01/25/2016 In | No Comments

Chairman of the Benghazi Select Committee Trey Gowdy says the results of the Committee will be “eye-opening” and “surprising.”

Appearing on the Hugh Hewitt Show on Monday, Hewitt asked Gowdy, “Do you believe the question has been asked and answered adequately, yet, as to whether or not assets were proximate and available that night to come to the assistance to the people under attack in Benghazi?”

“Hugh, I will tell you this. When we issue our report, and hopefully, it is coming sooner rather than later, I think that part of our investigation is going to be the most eye-opening, the most surprising, and frankly, will dwarf the other two tranches of Benghazi in terms of what we have been able to find,” Gowdy claimed.

“So you put your finger on a couple of the issues. Number one, how were the assets positioned? If they were not positioned in such a way as to respond to Libya, Tripoli or Benghazi within the time frame, why not, particularly on the anniversary of 9/11 with, frankly, with Cairo having just happened? Why would your assets not be moving after Cairo? But there’s a third part to this, which is if the President did say do everything you can, and Secretary Panetta communicated that order to his command staff, do everything you can, both of those communicates took place before 7PM Eastern time,” Gowdy said.

“Why did the first wheel not take off for hours and hours and hours? That is the part that we are getting at, that I would submit to you the other committees did not,” Gowdy argued. “And I think you’re going to be surprised at that part of our report.”

Hewitt followed up, “Have you been asked by anyone at the Bureau or the Department of Justice not to pursue any lines of questioning for fear of compromising any investigation?”

[dcquiz] “No, sir, but I will tell you that, and I’m actually proud of this, they would not have to ask me. I would stay so far away from what is purely an executive branch inquiry, and I’ll prove that to you. There was a little bit of discussion about offering Bryan Pagliano immunity. He, of course, is the one who set up the server. And there was some really notable folks on the side of offering him immunity from the legislative branch’s perspective. And I was the only saying no, we should not do that. I don’t want to do anything that jeopardize an ongoing executive branch investigation,” Gowdy said. (RELATED: State Department Releases Clinton IT Guru Emails)

“The legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury. We can’t issue search warrants. We are not the branch to conduct criminal or quasi-criminal investigations. That is the executive branch. So Mr. Comey would not have to ask me. I would run a hundred miles away from anything that would jeopardize what he’s trying to do.”

WATCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=264&v=FyLcJKYISPw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

I just want to jump in before the "Gowdy is just another ___, ___, ___ and ___." 

While I do not profess to understand them as some others, I know procedures and protocols in these types of investigations are tedious and complex.  They are compounded by the principals of the investigation, stonewalling politicos, and downright (even illegal) obstruction.  There are overlapping jurisdictions and yet, precise boundaries.  The findings must be meticulous and exact. 

I will give Gowdy a chance to lay out his case before I make any uninformed proclamations.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:22:37 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Gowdy: ‘Eye-Opening’ And ‘Surprising’ Results To Come Soon From Benghazi Investigation

That may very well be true but the following is FAR more relevant IMHO!

“The legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury. We can’t issue search warrants. We are not the branch to conduct criminal or quasi-criminal investigations. That is the executive branch."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

That jumps out, doesn't it?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I just want to jump in before the "Gowdy is just another ___, ___, ___ and ___." 

While I do not profess to understand them as some others, I know procedures and protocols in these types of investigations are tedious and complex.  They are compounded by the principals of the investigation, stonewalling politicos, and downright (even illegal) obstruction.  There are overlapping jurisdictions and yet, precise boundaries.  The findings must be meticulous and exact. 

I will give Gowdy a chance to lay out his case before I make any uninformed proclamations.

I agree.  Give Gowdy one more chance to show he's not all hat and no cattle.  And, I would love to see that happen!   A tiny bit of justice.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That jumps out, doesn't it?

Yes it does!

But that does NOT mean that the legislative branch is powerless! Not by any means!

They just simply REFUSE to use the tools they were provided!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

Who/What got a hold of this man - one of the few left standing in the GOPe with a grain of integrity.

Trey:  Will you release 'the report' before or after the election?

Confidence is high that this is just another piece-of-crap hairball slow roll pacification scheme.

placate

To allay the anger of, especially by making concessions; appease - to pacify

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I'm trying to remember the last time a congressional report had any impact on anything...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline katzenjammer

Who/What got a hold of this man - one of the few left standing in the GOPe with a grain of integrity.

Trey:  Will you release 'the report' before or after the election?

Confidence is high that this is just another piece-of-crap hairball slow roll pacification scheme.

placate

To allay the anger of, especially by making concessions; appease - to pacify

For quite some time, I've wondered why any in the public believe any of these politicians to have a shred of "integrity."

Unless you have access to their bank accounts and their cell phones, no one has any idea what any of them truly represent.

Seeing them on TeeVee and elsewhere making their glorious speeches is just part of the role that they are playing.

By believing that any of them has "integrity" is taking a big leap of faith, absent any detailed knowledge of their transactions and communications.  I understand that people "want to believe" because things are so bad that it is too difficult to face the fact that there is no one on "our team."  But no one should kid themselves about what they are doing.

So Gowdy will once again jump on Greta's show and throw out a bunch of red meat when the time is appropriate, but nothing will change.  Seen this act from actors like him for too many decades to keep being fooled.  YMMV

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

Nothing will come of this unless valjar says so. I watched her evilness last night at the townhall say how wonderful obama is. I mean just laying it deep about how great he was.