Author Topic: Donald Trump Picks up Huge Endorsement  (Read 660 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump Picks up Huge Endorsement
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:05:01 am »
Donald Trump Picks up Huge Endorsement
Game changer.

Trump has already picked up the endorsement of virtually every prominent liberal Republican in the Senate, but this latest endorsement may well push him over the top in the minds of many Republican voters. Forget Sarah Palin, Donald Trump has found an even bigger star to tout his cause, and the case she makes is pretty compelling. Watch for yourself:

Video and transcript at link: http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/22/donald-trump-picks-huge-endorsement/?utm_content=buffer0e3ec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline libertybele

Re: Donald Trump Picks up Huge Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:34:21 am »
Yesiree...quite an endorsement!   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 06:09:44 am »
You may laugh at this, but there is no 'Republican' who can win the next POTUS on 'Republican' votes alone.

There just isn't.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 06:19:59 am »
You may laugh at this, but there is no 'Republican' who can win the next POTUS on 'Republican' votes alone.

There just isn't.

I won't laugh.  You're absolutely correct, but that sounds a lot like the argument for the McCain nomination in 2008?  In fact Trump's argument that he can work with both sides of the aisle sounds really familiar too.

To be fair McCain had a tougher road to go down.  He was facing the first black candidate and after 8 years of Bush and during a recession, but Trump could be facing the first woman candidate and with gas prices this low I expect the economy will feel red hot by Nov.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 07:10:32 am »
I won't laugh.  You're absolutely correct, but that sounds a lot like the argument for the McCain nomination in 2008?  In fact Trump's argument that he can work with both sides of the aisle sounds really familiar too.

To be fair McCain had a tougher road to go down.  He was facing the first black candidate and after 8 years of Bush and during a recession, but Trump could be facing the first woman candidate and with gas prices this low I expect the economy will feel red hot by Nov.

================================

The worse the economy gets, the better it will be for ANYONE running on the GOP ticket.

'McCain' is one of the worst cuss words I know.  I try not to say it in good company.

This is completely different.  McCain would be lucky to get 20% of the Republican vote if he ran again.  Trump (or whoever gets it) is likely to get in the high 90% of available Republican votes.  But the Republican party is dwindling much faster than most people know, and this election is going to 'make or break' the Republican Party without any doubt whatsoever.

All these 'cocky' Republicans that think Republicans have enough votes to win this next election are in for another 'Romney-Obama' surprise.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:33:58 am »
================================

The worse the economy gets, the better it will be for ANYONE running on the GOP ticket.

'McCain' is one of the worst cuss words I know.  I try not to say it in good company.

This is completely different.  McCain would be lucky to get 20% of the Republican vote if he ran again.  Trump (or whoever gets it) is likely to get in the high 90% of available Republican votes.  But the Republican party is dwindling much faster than most people know, and this election is going to 'make or break' the Republican Party without any doubt whatsoever.

All these 'cocky' Republicans that think Republicans have enough votes to win this next election are in for another 'Romney-Obama' surprise.

I agree a crappy economy helps the GOP, although I don't know if I properly communicated my opinion that the economy will likely look pretty good by Nov. because of the low gas prices.  I disagree about McCain, but I'm not interested in defending him here.

Again I agree the GOP candidate needs to appeal to more than GOP voters.  That is a valid argument for Trump and against Cruz.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:33:30 am »
Trump was hoping Mike Tyson would endorsed him but sadly he's endorsing someone named Donowd Twump instead.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/21/mike-tyson-trump-shows-me-respect-barack-wouldnt-do-that/

“Yeah! Hell yeah,” Tyson said. “That sh*t is the real deal. Listen: I’m a black motherf*cker from the poorest town in the country. I’ve been through a lot in life. And I know him. When I see him, he shakes my hand and respects my family. None of them—Barack, whoever—nobody else does that. They’re gonna be who they are and disregard me, my family.”

Tyson converted to Islam in prison...he's gotta go.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:43:36 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 01:40:24 pm »

There just isn't. 

Apparently we've not lost enough elections yet for some folks to be able to figure this out.   **nononono*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 01:52:22 pm »

There just isn't.

So ... let's elect a 'liberal' and keep the status quo in Washington.  Everyone will be happy -- except the American people.  Got it!  :thud:

So...let's see...which liberal will be the lesser of the evils?  Clinton, Trump, or Bernie?   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »
Just saying

:shrug:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/22/reuters-poll-trumps-support-jumps-to-40-percent/

A new Reuters poll of Republicans shows that GOP frontrunner Donald Trump has expanded his national lead over rivals since his Jan. 19 endorsement by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The new poll of 2,508 Republicans, taken over several days, showed Trump at 40 percent and Cruz sharply down to 10.5 percent. That’s a 29.5-point margin.

Reuters’ Jan. 19 results showed Trump at 33 percent to Cruz’s 16 percent, which was a 17-point margin.