Author Topic: Iran deal done, now Saudis talk nukes. Government-run daily warns now is the time to join program 'for peaceful purposes'  (Read 231 times)

rangerrebew

Iran deal done, now Saudis talk nukes
Government-run daily warns now is the time to join program 'for peaceful purposes'
Published: 11 hours ago

Saudi King Salman bids farewell to President Barack Obama at Erga Palace after a state visit to Saudi Arabia on Jan. 27, 2015 (White House photo)

Only days after the Obama White House announced the completion of the details of the nuclear deal with Iran that released billions of dollars to the rogue Islamic sponsor of terror in exchange for delays in its nuclear program, another Middle East government is calling for the launch of its own pathway to nuclear power, according to a new report in Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

According to a report from the Middle East Media Research Institute, the government daily Al-Riyadh published a call for a “road map” for building Saudi nuclear reactors “for peaceful purposes.”

MEMRI reported that since Obama’s Iran deal was announced last July, there have been many articles in the Saudi Arabian press calling on the government to develop its own military nuclear program.

That’s because it will not be long before the restrictions on Iran will expire, leaving the rogue nation “free to advance its nuclear program as it pleases.”

The editorial in Al-Riyadh said, “Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said yesterday [January 16, 2016] that the sanctions on his country would be lifted immediately upon the issuing of the IAEA report [announcing] that Iran has met its obligations under the nuclear agreement that was signed with the superpowers in July of last year [2015].

For the rest of this report, and more, check out Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

“[Even] if we ignore the political and economic implications of this agreement for the region in the near and distant future, there is [nevertheless] one aspect of this agreement that must be taken into account. In 2031, [this] nuclear agreement will be consigned to the U.N. archives, and Iran will be free to do whatever it pleases regarding its nuclear program. This, because most of the restrictions imposed [on Iran] by the articles of this agreement expire in 15 years. In the interim, Iran will enrich uranium to a level of no more than 3.67 percent, which is the safe level. But what happens after 15 years…?”

The commentary pointed out that “U.S. President Barack Obama is counting on the [assumption] that, in the course of this period, a change will occur in Iran’s behavior …”

That is based on his conviction “that the minute the Iranian people is allowed a taste of a sanction-free [existence] it will surely become peace-loving. In this situation, [he believes], Iran’s policy-makers will not think of advancing towards the manufacture of a nuclear bomb, [because] this would cause trouble for the Iranian regime and the Iranian people, who would refuse to go back to the era of sanctions after tasting freedom from sanctions.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/iran-deal-done-now-saudis-talk-nukes/#UJIOzMRZviHq5scd.99

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I must admit to a nasty thought just striking me.

NK did just test a bomb, claiming it to be a hydrogen bomb but the signature is off as far as the talking heads and boffins say.
Who says they tested one of their own?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

NK did just test a bomb, claiming it to be a hydrogen bomb but the signature is off as far as the talking heads and boffins say.
Yep.....whatever they tested made the earth move. The same with Iran.....who says they are going to make their own with all the new money in country?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Barack Obama - the greatest champion/enabler of nuclear proliferation in the last fifty years. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

That was my first thought at the time - Axis of Evil.  With this Iran deal, Obama has opened Pandora's Box. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!