Author Topic: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives  (Read 6160 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 03:16:35 am »

"Today was the day that Rick Santelli’s famous yelp finally melted into populism and avarice. Today, at about ten minutes past six, P. T. Barnum beat out Hayek for the soul of the insurgent Right. Today, the rebels became the charlatans they had set out to depose. What comes next will be anybody’s guess."

- Charles Cooke, National Review

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 03:38:54 am »
Sure he can.  She was right then, she's wrong now.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 03:54:17 am »
Sure he can.  She was right then, she's wrong now.

Amen and AMEN!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 04:10:00 am »
Just as logical:  She was wrong then; she is right now.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 04:14:27 am »
Just as logical:  She was wrong then; she is right now.

Either way it's just someone's opinion!

To me Donald Trump is a very good PIED PIPER!  He knows how to get attention but when you look under the hood there isn't much there!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 04:20:25 am »

Possible Republican presidential candidates in 2016

Overall
749 Respondents

Donald Trump 35.9%
    Ted Cruz 17.3%
    Jeb Bush 9.6%
    Ben Carson 8.8%
    Marco Rubio 8.7%
    Wouldn’t vote 5.0%
    Chris Christie 3.8%
    Carly Fiorina 2.5%
    Rand Paul 2.5%
    Mike Huckabee 2.0%
    John Kasich 1.7%
    Rick Santorum 1.4%
    Jim Gilmore 0.6%

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20160114-20160119/type/day

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 04:21:47 am »
Possible Republican presidential candidates in 2016

Overall
749 Respondents

Donald Trump 35.9%
    Ted Cruz 17.3%
    Jeb Bush 9.6%
    Ben Carson 8.8%
    Marco Rubio 8.7%
    Wouldn’t vote 5.0%
    Chris Christie 3.8%
    Carly Fiorina 2.5%
    Rand Paul 2.5%
    Mike Huckabee 2.0%
    John Kasich 1.7%
    Rick Santorum 1.4%
    Jim Gilmore 0.6%

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20160114-20160119/type/day

I have no idea as to whom that is directed but it is totally meaningless to me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 04:31:37 am »
I have no idea as to whom that is directed but it is totally meaningless to me!

It is a list of presidential candidates (Republican party)

The larger percentage number represents the number of voters supporting that candidate (named along side the number).

As the percentage number decreases, the number of supporters decreases.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:32:28 am by famousdayandyear »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 05:01:49 am »
It is a list of presidential candidates (Republican party)

The larger percentage number represents the number of voters supporting that candidate (named along side the number).

As the percentage number decreases, the number of supporters decreases.

Hope this helps.

Say the pollsters! Doesn't mean a thing until actual VOTES are cast!  Hope that helps!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 05:05:47 am »
Say the pollsters! Doesn't mean a thing until actual VOTES are cast!  Hope that helps!

Of course.  You are absolutely right.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:40 am »

===================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsqYFNsP2U8

Offline Longiron

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
I was so disappointed with McCain as Presidential candidate that I paid very little attention to Palin.  I heard all the criticism, but since it was coming from people I disagreed with, I defended Palin.  Honestly, the first time I actually heard her talk was only recently on the Mark Levin Show.  Oh my.  I so did not want to agree with the people who said she sounds like a child.  BUT SHE SOUNDS LIKE A CHILD.  I'm sorry.  She does.  Everything I knew about or heard from her I read in print prior to that point.  How can people who listen to her stand it?

As for Bristol, her post was rude.  The Cruz campaign made a valid point that was on issues, not personal.  Bristol was personal.  Cruz was more gracious than they deserved, but that's what people of good character do.

So consider the source.  They are entitled to have bad taste.  I am glad Trump has sent the PC Police into hiding.  Too bad he had to turn the campaign into a name calling junior high school type campaign while he was at it.  It's embarrassing.

I will be voting for Cruz.

Head splode day :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2016, 01:32:52 pm »
Either way it's just someone's opinion!

To me Donald Trump is a very good PIED PIPER!  He knows how to get attention but when you look under the hood there isn't much there!

:beer:  Nothing but a lot of hot air.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:37 pm »

Karl Rove had also proclaimed from all the polling data, (and using on of his visual displays) that Romney would be the clear winner.  Rove lost all credibility and I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »
I was so disappointed with McCain as Presidential candidate that I paid very little attention to Palin.  I heard all the criticism, but since it was coming from people I disagreed with, I defended Palin.  Honestly, the first time I actually heard her talk was only recently on the Mark Levin Show.  Oh my.  I so did not want to agree with the people who said she sounds like a child.  BUT SHE SOUNDS LIKE A CHILD.  I'm sorry.  She does.  Everything I knew about or heard from her I read in print prior to that point.  How can people who listen to her stand it?

As for Bristol, her post was rude.  The Cruz campaign made a valid point that was on issues, not personal.  Bristol was personal.  Cruz was more gracious than they deserved, but that's what people of good character do.

So consider the source.  They are entitled to have bad taste.  I am glad Trump has sent the PC Police into hiding.  Too bad he had to turn the campaign into a name calling junior high school type campaign while he was at it.  It's embarrassing.

I will be voting for Cruz.

I agree.  I kept thinking "she can't be as bad as "they" say" and "if the media hates her so much, she must be ok".  Additionally, she's supposed to be golden with conservatives.  So, she must be smart, principled and conservative, right?

Wrong.   When I'm wrong, I admit it.  And, I was wrong. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »

You're using Rove as a source?  Why? 

Hopefully, it's not just because he's saying what you want to hear.  (Like someone else.)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
I agree.  I kept thinking "she can't be as bad as "they" say" and "if the media hates her so much, she must be ok".  Additionally, she's supposed to be golden with conservatives.  So, she must be smart, principled and conservative, right?

:amen:

Sarah has well and truly jumped the shark!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 02:29:28 pm »
I think the two compliment each other very well.  They are both politicians that have had reality TV shows and both have a 'juvenile' way of speaking.  This should be interesting.  I for one am not so sure that this will rally conservatives. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:34:53 pm by libertybele »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

I'm in the same place (and have been long before DT came along).  Sarah is not who I thought she was.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 03:13:55 pm »
  I for one am not so sure that this will rally conservatives.
It depends on just how "principled"' those conservatives are (see the Ben Shapiro piece posted on p. 2 of this thread).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 03:27:36 pm »

Sarah has well and truly jumped the shark!

I believe this to be true also.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:35 pm »
I recognize that it's been a rough 48 hours for Cruz supporters.  But before folks start throwing people out of the "conservative" tent and ridiculing them endlessly and without mercy, let's try to remember there are precious few conservative voices that "average" Americans listen to. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2016, 04:33:30 pm »
I recognize that it's been a rough 48 hours for Cruz supporters.  But before folks start throwing people out of the "conservative" tent and ridiculing them endlessly and without mercy, let's try to remember there are precious few conservative voices that "average" Americans listen to.

No ridicule from me.  I'm genuinely baffled and concerned by Palin's words and actions, and the fact that they undermine rather than support, conservatism and integrity.

Online libertybele

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »

A rough 48 hours for Cruz?  Actually, I am very glad that Palin didn't endorse Cruz.  I don't see her rallying conservatives; she associated herself with a RINO and now a liberal.  I tried several times to watch her endorsement of Trump...I'm sorry, but I just couldn't get passed the shrieking.  I did find it very interesting that she used Cruz's line that we need a president who won't apologize. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvlm3LKSlpU
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:37:39 pm by libertybele »