Author Topic: Rush: The Establishment Sidles Up to Trump?  (Read 173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: The Establishment Sidles Up to Trump?
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/01/18/the_establishment_sidles_up_to_trump

The Establishment Sidles Up to Trump?
January 18, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So as I was saying, last week we had the establishment, who's been upset at me for not taking on Trump, all of a sudden now deciding to sidle up to Trump.  That's the story, or that's the news.  There were stories left and right about how the establishment's decided that it's gonna be Trump, and they want it to be Trump.  They don't want to it to be Cruz, because Cruz is conservative.  That's why they don't like him.  They also don't like Cruz because he's better than they are. They don't like Cruz because he's smarter than they are.

They don't like Cruz 'cause he's committed to it.

When they say -- and this is what they're say. The establishment's saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. We can make deals with Trump. We can coexist with Trump."  What they mean by that is that they think they can peacefully coexist with Trump because they can moderate Trump or make deals with him that are not ideological in nature. But they know, they are fairly certain, that Cruz is not gonna compromise what he believes in order to strike deals or have a peaceful relation with 'em, to have a relationship.  That scares them.

They know he's smarter. They know he's more committed. They know his supporters are going to be the same.  They know there's no way that they can soften him and have workable deals with Democrats as the establishment must do inside the Beltway.  But they think Trump can be bent, shaped, flaked, formed, what have you, in ways that will make cooperation with the Democrats, who are also legitimate members of the establishment and ruling class, and make all of that cooperation possible.  So it's an opposition to conservatism at the establishment level.

It's a personal dislike of Cruz and resentment; he's smarter, he's more consistent, he's unbending on the core beliefs and things that matter.  And then I think it was the Daily Caller last week, there was a story about how the establishment was deciding to step up and get in bed and do business with Cruz.  I mean, it was... I saw both stories last week.  The predominant one seems to be that the establishment has decided Trump would be the lesser of two evils for them.  But now it all may be out the window with Bush in South Carolina.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: The Establishment Sidles Up to Trump?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »
When the rubber meets the road, who will the 'establishment' want, someone who will always make a deal and a career of selling out or a true believer with principles who stands for those over popularity and doesn't sell out for the deal de'jour.

They know which one is for sale.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Rush: The Establishment Sidles Up to Trump?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »
Ironically, it's Trump that's made his raison d'etre that he can't be bought.  But deals are what he's about -  that was his specific criticism with Cruz - no one like him because he won't make deals.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide