Author Topic: Carson leaves open possibility of run for Congress  (Read 541 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carson leaves open possibility of run for Congress
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:13:45 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265283-carson-leaves-open-possibility-of-run-for-congress

January 08, 2016, 05:20 pm
Carson leaves open possibility of run for Congress

By Jonathan Swan

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says he believes he could have made a difference as Speaker of the House and does not rule out running for Congress in the future.

"I am not a chicken," Carson told the WABC radio show "Election Central with Rita Cosby," referring to his assessment of his ability to take tough stances in Congress.

"I wouldn't rule out anything. I keep all options open at all times," the former neurosurgeon added when asked whether he would rule out a run for Congress if he fails to secure his party's nomination.

Carson said he does not regret his decision not to pursue the possibility of becoming Speaker in 2014. The Hill on Thursday was the first to report that House Republicans tried to recruit him in 2014 to replace John Boehner (R-Ohio) as Speaker.

He said he was honored to be approached for the job, but that it came at a time when he was considering running for president.

"I talked to them and I talked about it seriously, because I too was concerned about the lack of action and, you know, the fact that we really seem to have lost an important component of our government," Carson told WABC.

"The part [of government] that represents the people was basically spineless."

Carson also said he doesn't regret Thursday's controversy in which he asked an Iowa elementary school class to identify the worst student in the class. He said the incident, in which the class did single out one boy, was "much to do [sic] about nothing."

"It actually helps the students to understand the potential that lies within each one of them," said the White House hopeful, who has made his own poor performance as a student part of his personal narrative of success through spiritual redemption.

Carson blamed the media for using the incident as an opportunity to "stir up strife."

The retired neurosurgeon, who has fallen dramatically in recent polls, also dismissed the controversy — largely manufactured by GOP front-runner Donald Trump — that Ted Cruz could be ineligible for president due to his Canadian birth. Constitutional scholars agree that Cruz is eligible under the natural-born clause.

"If there's something out there that disqualifies him, somebody should bring it forward," Carson told WABC. "Otherwise, just move on."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Carson leaves open possibility of run for Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:16:05 pm »
I really, really like Carson, and I think this might be a good route for him.

I don't think he'd be corrupted by DC, and it will give him a little street cred without tainting him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »
Carson also said he doesn't regret Thursday's controversy in which he asked an Iowa elementary school class to identify the worst student in the class. He said the incident, in which the class did single out one boy, was "much to do [sic] about nothing."

What a strange thing to do.  Why would someone want to humiliate a child like that?  Weird!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:15:35 am »
What a strange thing to do.  Why would someone want to humiliate a child like that?  Weird!
Very strange. very suspicious.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:16:16 am »

He's clearly a surgeon and not an educator.

Rule #1....... NEVER isolate a child for humiliation.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 12:18:30 am »

Carson blamed the media for using the incident as an opportunity to "stir up strife."

Well, maybe this is what makes it suspicious.  Maybe the media made the whole thing up, or distorted what really went on.

They pretty much hate Dr. Carson........

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:33:44 am »
Rule #1....... NEVER isolate a child for humiliation.

Once a child has been outed publicly like that as the worst student, this could negatively affect the child's life both immediately and in the future. It will lead to public humiliation, lack of confidence, and motivation. The child could very well just 'give up' after this incident, and stop even trying to succeed academically.

If Carson was trying to convince the children that school work doesn't matter in terms of being successful, then he may have had an adverse affect on the whole class.

The last person to do this sort of thing was Obama. When Obama spoke to school children he always brought up how much he disliked it, and what a poor student he was. Great lesson for the kids doncha know.

I don't know what could be the point of this other than maybe some kind of an ego issue; a kind of bragging. "I was a terrible student, and look at me now!" It seems to be a kind of 'school sucks' sort of bragging. Why they would give that message to children, I will never know. Immaturity, is the only reason I can come up with.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:34:07 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 12:57:22 am »

Agreed. I think Dr. Ben may have a few skeletons in his closet that we don't know about yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.