Author Topic: TRUMP: 'I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools' my first day in the White House  (Read 743 times)

Offline flowers

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-ill-end-gun-free-022331627.html

Real-estate mogul Donald Trump ended his Thursday-night campaign rally by calling for an end to so-called gun-free zones on schools and US military bases.

"I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools — you have to — and on military bases on my first day. It gets signed my first day," the Republican presidential front-runner told his supporters in Burlington, Vermont.

"You know what a gun-free zone is to a sicko?" Trump asked. "That's bait."

Trump's rally was occurring at the same time as US President Barack Obama's televised town-hall forum addressing gun violence. Obama has repeatedly called for gun-control measures after recent mass shootings and took executive action this week to expand background checks on gun buyers, among other things.

But Trump argues that more people need to be carrying arms to protect the innocent.

His allusion to gun-free military bases was apparently a reference to the attacks against two military installations in Chattanooga, Tennessee, last July. His gun-free schools comment could have been referring to the mass shooting at an Oregon community col

If he becomes prez....he could do that with military bases being CiC. I guess schools would be a EO?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Military bases, sure. All he'd basically have to do is give the word - and it's a word that SHOULD be given.

Schools - not even an EO would work, as school policies are set at a local level, so not sure how he thinks he can do it. There's no Federal requirement for a school to be a gun free zone, is there?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

. There's no Federal requirement for a school to be a gun free zone, is there?
I wonder with who runs the schools. NEA?  With Trump it worries me that he says he will do this and that. Sounds like he will do it with EO's? Bothersome for me at times.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I don't think he can do that short of some kind of nexus with federal funding...which wouldn't be a bad way to start loosening the control of federal dollars over schools!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan