Author Topic: TRUMP: I'll go down 5 points in the polls by saying this, but I think Obama's tears were real  (Read 1256 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :shrug:

Real-estate mogul Donald Trump in an interview Wednesday declined to take a shot at President Barack Obama for tearing up the day before.

During a conversation with Fox News, Trump said he believed Obama's tears were genuine.

"I actually think he was sincere. I'll probably go down about 5 points in the polls by saying that," the Republican presidential front-runner joked. "But I think he was sincere."

Tears rolled down Obama's face on Tuesday when he discussed the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 young children dead. Obama was giving a speech announcing his new executive action that, among other things, aims to expand background checks on gun buyers.

Some of Obama's conservative critics pointed out that Obama did not cry in response to other tragedies. Just before Trump's "Fox & Friends" interview Wednesday, one of the hosts noted that Obama didn't tear up while discussing the December terrorist attack in San Bernardino, California.

But Trump, who has vowed to reverse Obama's executive action, nevertheless said the president most likely "means well."

"I think he's incorrect about it. They're just taking chunks and chunks out of the Second Amendment," he said. "But I think he probably means well."

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-ill-down-5-points-134001645.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If Our DonaldTM says they were real, then that settles it, they were real.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I dunno. I'm actually mildly impressed.

Trump gets that, much of the time, Leftists do honestly believe the crap they push.

Offline katzenjammer

Just another example of how he is running a General Election campaign simultaneously with the Primary Campaign.

But Trump, who has vowed to reverse Obama's executive action, nevertheless said the president most likely "means well."

I suspect that we will be seeing more of these examples as 2016 marches along.

Offline Longiron

I dunno. I'm actually mildly impressed.

Trump gets that, much of the time, Leftists do honestly believe the crap they push.

TRUMP is the only one that can take the focus off BARRY and his not to sincere purpose.  :whistle:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Don't want to say it too loud, but saying they were real actually makes Obama's mistake of displaying tears sting the Democrats that much more.  Hell Hillary has cried in public too.

So do you want John Boehner wannabes dealing with H-Bomb Norks, Ayatollahs and Vlad Putin...not too mention ruthless ISIS?  Americans are likely going to want more Churchill and less Gandhi as the year goes on.  Obama's emotional outburst is not going to play well to anyone not already firmly over on the kumbaya side.  Do you want someone who feels so deeply about these "tragedies" that he cries over them, or someone who can deal with the attacks with force and competence?  I suggest the Republicans NOT start practicing the tears.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:24:54 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Don't want to say it too loud, but saying they were real actually makes Obama's mistake of displaying tears sting the Democrats that much more.  Hell Hillary has cried in public too.

So do you want John Boehner wannabes dealing with H-Bomb Norks, Ayatollahs and Vlad Putin...not too mention ruthless ISIS?  Americans are likely going to want more Churchill and less Gandhi as the year goes on.  Obama's emotional outburst is not going to play well to anyone not already firmly over on the kumbaya side.  Do you want someone who feels so deeply about these "tragedies" that he cries over them, or someone who can deal with the attacks with force and competence?  I suggest the Republicans NOT start practicing the tears.

Or, someone who has absolutely no compunction about lying to the families of dead Americans, and can't be concerned enough to shed a tear for any of them, or for any of the dead Chicagoans killed by gang/thug violence.  Not a tear for them.

Offline libertybele

The "Donald" is wrong on this one; especially stating that Hussein means well. Hussein doesn't give a damn about this country or it's patriots.  For some reason the Rolling Stones tune 'Sympathy for the Devil' comes to mind.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:43:28 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

If Our DonaldTM says they were real, then that settles it, they were real.

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The "Donald" is wrong on this one; especially stating that Hussein means well. Hussein doesn't give a damn about this country or it's patriots.  For some reason the Rolling Stones tune 'Sympathy for the Devil' comes to mind.   :whistle:

I think Beck may be right in wondering if he had either Vicks or onion on his finger when he touched his face BEFORE the tears came running........

And you're absolutely right, Hussein means anything but "well" and saying he does is absolutely absurd.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I think Beck may be right in wondering if he had either Vicks or onion on his finger when he touched his face BEFORE the tears came running........

And you're absolutely right, Hussein means anything but "well" and saying he does is absolutely absurd.

Nope. Most people, including Democrats, are decent enough people.

It's easier to sell the Worm as incompetent (and, by extension his coming replacement) than evil.

I got no time for Trump as a viable candidate - but he DOES know his marketing.

Offline musiclady

Nope. Most people, including Democrats, are decent enough people.

It's easier to sell the Worm as incompetent (and, by extension his coming replacement) than evil.

I got no time for Trump as a viable candidate - but he DOES know his marketing.

I'll give you that.  Trump says what he thinks people want to hear whether he believes it or not........

Nonetheless, Obama IS evil, and Trump is wrong about the tears.  Obama doesn't give a rip about anyone's life but his own.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'll give you that.  Trump says what he thinks people want to hear whether he believes it or not........

Nonetheless, Obama IS evil, and Trump is wrong about the tears.  Obama doesn't give a rip about anyone's life but his own.

We can endlessly debate the tears, keeping Obama in the spotlight, or we can shrug it off as not important and push Obama to the sidelines.

The choice is ours.

Offline musiclady

We can endlessly debate the tears, keeping Obama in the spotlight, or we can shrug it off as not important and push Obama to the sidelines.

The choice is ours.

I'm certainly not going to 'endlessly debate' his faux tears.  The debate was over for me the moment I saw him pretend to care.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump is playing politics. Trump knows very well what Hussein is, and what he is doing. He just doesn't want to be "that guy", the guy who calls him out.

He probably picked up a boatload of stupid Dem voters with that statement, and he knows it. One thing anyone would have to admit about the Donald, is that he knows how to schmooze. That is why he is as successful as he is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm certainly not going to 'endlessly debate' his faux tears. 

Good news.  I guess you're done with this thread.   ^-^

Offline musiclady

Good news.  I guess you're done with this thread.   ^-^

And this is important to you exactly why?????

Strange priorities to enjoy (with exceptional and consistently characteristic snark, I might add) attempting to limit the free speech of reasonable people.......

Offline aligncare

Trump is playing politics. Trump knows very well what Hussein is, and what he is doing. He just doesn't want to be "that guy", the guy who calls him out.

He probably picked up a boatload of stupid Dem voters with that statement, and he knows it. One thing anyone would have to admit about the Donald, is that he knows how to schmooze. That is why he is as successful as he is.

You absolutely get Donald Trump. With him, everything is about winning. Which--I don't need to remind anyone--is a quintessentially American affectation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You absolutely get Donald Trump. With him, everything is about winning. Which--I don't need to remind anyone--is a quintessentially American affectation.

Oh no, Aligncare, definitely not an affectation!

Offline aligncare

Oh no, Aligncare, definitely not an affectation!

Thanks. Looked it up and found I used the wrong word.

"Characteristic" would have been more correct.

Thanks.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is new.  Conservative respect for a candidate who lies to win.  Will wonders never cease with Trump?

Imagine Rubio or Bush saying something "McCain like" to the effect that Obama is a good man.  I bet there would be a lot less admiration posted.

Just sayin'