Author Topic: SHOCK NYE POLL: 1 in 5 Democrats back Trump over Clinton, landslide awaits [ that's 20% for all you common core graduates]  (Read 11429 times)

Offline aligncare

Trump is attracting Americans of every stripe who want to see America great again.  Although certainly not identical, this is similar to Reagan's appeal after four years of the disaster called Jimmy Carter.

Establishment republicans opposed Ronald Reagan at every turn. That is until Reagan proved to be popular with the folks, then suddenly the establishment couldn't order a pizza without dropping Reagan's name.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've had him on 'ignore', so I don't miss the the little brat at all.

Same here.  Who needs the pointless aggravation?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And I sit here wondering why others couldn't have utilized the ignore feature.

Even Sinkspur himself asked that.

I guess people lack sufficient self-control to not respond even when they see his posts when quoted by other members.

LET. IT. GO.

DC, I had him on ignore, but several other posters insisted on quoting him on their posts.  It made him impossible to ignore.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I was a young boy when Carter was President so my recollection may be wrong but I think American's were economically worse off under Carter than we are under Obama.  But both are assuredly disasters.

The economic numbers were worse for Carter...but that's because back then economic numbers were reliable.

Carter also had foreign relations problems.  The loss of respect for America was palpable.  Think:  Iranian hostages.  I was young, but I remember when Carter finally authorized a rescue mission and the helicopters crashed in a sandstorm.  Well, more to the point, I remember my father's very vivid reaction to Carter and what he'd turned this nation into.  And no, I cannot repeat it here.  ^-^

Jimmy Carter brought a "malaise" to American life, and so has Obama.    Carter accomplished it in four years, Obama has had eight years so it's even deeper.   I think Americans today are raging against this same disease Americans raged against in 1980--and that is what brought us Reagan and this is what will bring us Trump.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:10:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Establishment republicans opposed Ronald Reagan at every turn. That is until Reagan proved to be popular with the folks, then suddenly the establishment couldn't order a pizza without dropping Reagan's name.
Establishment republicans opposed Ronald Reagan at every turn. That is until Reagan won the nomination, then suddenly the establishment supported the GOP nominee.
I will oppose Trump until, God forbid, he wins the nomination.  Then I will tirelessly defend him against the rats and media, just as I did for Dole, Dubya, McCain, and Romney...none of whom were my choice.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump is attracting Americans of every stripe who want to see America great again.  Although certainly not identical, this is similar to Reagan's appeal after four years of the disaster called Jimmy Carter.

And Hillary thinks that her husband is going to be her 'secret weapon'.

Bill didn't help her one bit in 2008...and after 8 years of Obama, Jesus Christ, Himself, won't be a factor in Hillary's corner.

Bring it on, Hillary.  Donald Trump will eat her lunch on the campaign trail.

And let's talk about any future one-on one debates with Hillary....LOL!   They should put it on pay-per-view.  They'd make millions.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

The economic numbers were worse for Carter...but that's because back then economic numbers were reliable.

Carter also had foreign relations problems.  The loss of respect for America was palpable.  Think:  Iranian hostages.  I was young, but I remember when Carter finally authorized a rescue mission and the helicopters crashed in a sandstorm.  Well, more to the point, I remember my father's very vivid reaction to Carter and what he'd turned this nation into.  And no, I cannot repeat it here.  ^-^

Jimmy Carter brought a "malaise" to American life, and so has Obama.    Carter accomplished it in four years, Obama has had eight years so it's even deeper.   I think Americans today are raging against this same disease Americans raged against in 1980--and that is what brought us Reagan and this is what will bring us Trump.

I remember. I stood in a very long line, very early in the AM hours to apply to a Chrysler plant, hundreds applying for a few jobs. That was part of the reason I joined the Navy. Carter was a disaster, and things were much worse under Carter.

But, this is a different time. I don't know if there are as many Americans who are engaged enough to feel rage.

And Hillary thinks that her husband is going to be her 'secret weapon'.

Bill didn't help her one bit in 2008...and after 8 years of Obama, Jesus Christ, Himself, won't be a factor in Hillary's corner.

Excellent point.  I fear Bill Clinton on the campaign trail, but should I?  You're right that he didn't help Hitlery in 2008.  I wonder if he wants Hitlery to win?

Offline katzenjammer

These poll results are not shocking at all to me.

Everywhere we go, every get together, every chance conversation at a store, people are talking about Trump.

People that haven't voted in decades, people that were life-long Democrats and Republicans alike.

I try to be helpful at times and attempt to explain WHY this is happening, but it usually falls on deaf ears.

As long as folks insist on viewing 2015-16 (across the spectrum: politics, the civil society, gubmint, culture) in terms of 1980 or 1990 lenses, then they will never understand.

As I said in the other thread, it isn't about "conservative" versus "progressive," nor Republican versus Democrat.  These distinctions have fallen out of usefulness for a whole host of reasons.  The primary one being people's own experience: they have watched what has gone on for decades.  Listened to all of the LIES.  Have seen the RESULTS of both Democrat control and Republican control.

A lot have simply walked away...  tuned out for many years....  and each time they peek back in, they see that it has just gotten worse.

Right now it is Donald Trump, it could have been many different personas.  Trump stepped forward and is filling a void that has not been filled in decades.  That is the reality.  People can stamp their feet and whine that he isn't "conservative" or isn't even a "Republican," but the truth of the matter is that not many care any longer.  Being a "Republican" and a "conservative" has lost its meaning and relevance in 2015-16. 

If, against still very long odds, Trump gains the Republican nomination, he will blow HRC (or whichever Dem is nominated) away in a landslide.  It really isn't all that difficult to understand, especially if one listens to what people all across this country are saying.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Everywhere we go, every get together, every chance conversation at a store, people are talking about Trump.

People that haven't voted in decades, people that were life-long Democrats and Republicans alike.

I try to be helpful at times and attempt to explain WHY this is happening, but it usually falls on deaf ears.

As long as folks insist on viewing 2015-16 (across the spectrum: politics, the civil society, gubmint, culture) in terms of 1980 or 1990 lenses, then they will never understand.

As I said in the other thread, it isn't about "conservative" versus "progressive," nor Republican versus Democrat.  These distinctions have fallen out of usefulness for a whole host of reasons.  The primary one being people's own experience: they have watched what has gone on for decades.  Listened to all of the LIES.  Have seen the RESULTS of both Democrat control and Republican control.

A lot have simply walked away...  tuned out for many years....  and each time they peek back in, they see that it has just gotten worse.

Right now it is Donald Trump, it could have been many different personas.  Trump stepped forward and is filling a void that has not been filled in decades.  That is the reality.  People can stamp their feet and whine that he isn't "conservative" or isn't even a "Republican," but the truth of the matter is that not many care any longer.  Being a "Republican" and a "conservative" has lost its meaning and relevance in 2015-16. 

If, against still very long odds, Trump gains the Republican nomination, he will blow HRC (or whichever Dem is nominated) away in a landslide.  It really isn't all that difficult to understand, especially if one listens to what people all across this country are saying.

As usual, Katz!   Right on the money!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

I'm a Republican.  I will vote for the GOP nominee.  There are conservatives on this board who will vote for Cruz or Rubio because they believe they are conservative, but they do not believe Trump is conservative.  I suspect these people will vote in the next primary...I am unsure that much of Trump's support will make it to the polls.  I'm not saying you're wrong...I'm just saying the evidence isn't out yet.  We will both have a better sense of the mood of the GOP voters in a few months.

I believe any Republican can beat Hitlery after 8 years of Obama, but Trump has the worst chance.  I don't have a problem understanding what you write here.  I have trouble believing it.  I do listen, and 2/3rds of my friends, family, and acquaintances, in purple WI, think Trump is a joke.  Even on a conservative forum like this, Trump doesn't have majority support. 

HAPPY2BME

He was a paid troll agitator who's only goal was to wreck this site. He insulted everyone. He hijacked every thread into nonsense. His goal was to drive Myst and this site out of business. That was his only goal. He did not care about debate. Come on. He only wanted to insult, agitate, and hijack.

========================================

Sink's been at this a very, very long time.

You decide.  From 2004, post #24:  I've been posting on FR for a long time now as Sinkspur and they haven't spotted me yet.

Offline katzenjammer

I'm a Republican.  I will vote for the GOP nominee.  There are conservatives on this board who will vote for Cruz or Rubio because they believe they are conservative, but they do not believe Trump is conservative.  I suspect these people will vote in the next primary...I am unsure that much of Trump's support will make it to the polls.  I'm not saying you're wrong...I'm just saying the evidence isn't out yet.  We will both have a better sense of the mood of the GOP voters in a few months.

I believe any Republican can beat Hitlery after 8 years of Obama, but Trump has the worst chance.  I don't have a problem understanding what you write here.  I have trouble believing it.  I do listen, and 2/3rds of my friends, family, and acquaintances, in purple WI, think Trump is a joke.  Even on a conservative forum like this, Trump doesn't have majority support.

It really doesn't matter what is discussed on this forum, or others like it, those both smaller and orders of magnitude larger.

We all tend to forget that the vast majority of people in this country are not political junkies.  They can't even conceive of spending time reading and posting at a political forum.

We all have different sets of anecdotal experiences.  As I mentioned above, for the past 6 months, no one that I meet or discuss politics with wants to talk about anything other than Trump.  Again, if one listens to what people in the real world are talking about, not a tightly self-selected set such as those in a forum like this, the message comes through loud and clear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I remember. I stood in a very long line, very early in the AM hours to apply to a Chrysler plant, hundreds applying for a few jobs. That was part of the reason I joined the Navy. Carter was a disaster, and things were much worse under Carter.   But, this is a different time. I don't know if there are as many Americans who are engaged enough to feel rage. 

The Carter years were shocking.  The Obama years are insidious.  But the malaise of the Carter years is most definitely here in the Obama years.  For the last eight years Americans have given up hope of ever finding someone who would express, unfiltered, the rage they've been living with--on so many levels:  economic, international, social, national security.

20,000 people do not show up for a primary rally because they've not been engaged.  So don't sell the American people short.  I think they HAVE been watching, waiting, hoping.    And they have now found their spokesman.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:25:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »

It really doesn't matter what is discussed on this forum, or others like it, those both smaller and orders of magnitude larger.

We all tend to forget that the vast majority of people in this country are not political junkies.  They can't even conceive of spending time reading and posting at a political forum.

We all have different sets of anecdotal experiences.  As I mentioned above, for the past 6 months, no one that I meet or discuss politics with wants to talk about anything other than Trump.  Again, if one listens to what people in the real world are talking about, not a tightly self-selected set such as those in a forum like this, the message comes through loud and clear.

Thank you for a reasoned response, and I agree that everyone is talking about Trump, not all the talk is good though.

Offline Relic

You decide.  From 2004, post #24:  I've been posting on FR for a long time now as Sinkspur and they haven't spotted me yet.

Interesting.  :pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Interesting.  :pondering:

Not really.  Stetson Kennedy didn't join the KKK and then try to change the minds of the knuckledragging members.  http://mentalfloss.com/article/23157/how-superman-defeated-ku-klux-klan .  He pretended to be a n*gger hating loyalist up until the end.  They have a phrase for people like that "agent provocateur." 

If there was a paid instigator on this site,  They would not say "let us look at the world outside of our little bubble," they would say "let us take down the Kenyan."

Fortunately, this site is still small enough that it probably escapes the notice of rat infiltration, but who knows.  If I was looking for an infiltrator he would espouse the fringyest of the fringe opinion.

HAPPY2BME

I have decided that you believe what you read on DU.

==================================

There are many, many of these.  Too many to count.

More conspiracies found as Freeper Sinkspur was found to have been impersonating a Catholic deacon for seven years on the site. That’s some trolling dedication!

==================================

There are many, many of these.  Too many to count.

More conspiracies found as Freeper Sinkspur was found to have been impersonating a Catholic deacon for seven years on the site. That’s some trolling dedication!

Good.  Then perhaps you could post just 3.

I saw that link years ago and again yesterday, and whether Sinkspur was a deacon or a deacon in training matters little to me.  I don't frequent religious threads.  My faith is deeply personal, and when I get to heaven Jesus has a lot to answer for.  That being said I don't recall a lot of religious threads Sinkspur has contributed to, so let us argue the merits of his political arguments today and stop searching for his internet detractors from 10 years ago.

Or better yet, let us stop kicking a man when he is wrongly suspended (IMHO) and bring this up when he is here to defend himself.

Offline aligncare

From day one of Trump's candidacy I have said his biggest challenge will be to win the nomination--not the election. That is as good as won against Hillary or any other democrat. A few other astute political observers here at TBR have said the same thing--massadvj, among the principals.

Offline aligncare

Bingo. Thank you for that find. Goes a long way to explain sinkspur.

(Except for one curiosity. Our sinkspur does not capitalize his screen name.)

However, if it is the same sinkspur, I want nothing to do with that rat ever again. Hear me, myst? Never again!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

And that's why I outed him. Not to get him banned, but for purposes of full disclosure and everyone can decide on their own what to do from there.

Nice find BTW. Wow. Who knew he was a DU hack?
The Republic is lost.