Author Topic: Clinton Makes Questionable Claim: Islamic State ‘Showing Videos of Donald Trump’ to Recruit Fighters  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/19/clinton-makes-questionable-claim-islamic-state-showing-videos-of-donald-trump-to-recruit-fighters/

Hillary Clinton claimed at Saturday night’s Democratic debate that the Islamic State is showing videos of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump to potential fighters as a way to recruit.

“He is becoming ISIS’ best recruiter,” she said at the New Hampshire debate. “They are going to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims to recruit more radical jihadists.”

No evidence was offered by Clinton on stage to support the claim.

The remark was made in response to a question about Trump’s proposed ban on Muslim immigrants to the U.S.

Media commentators have asserted over the past week that Trump’s call for a halt on Muslim immigration makes it easier for the Islamic State to recruit. However, Clinton appeared to be the first presidential candidate to claim the group is actually showing videos of Trump to potential fighters as a means of luring them into violent jihad.

Clinton campaign spokesman Nick Merrill responded to an inquiry from TheBlaze by pointing to comments made by SITE Intelligence Group director Rita Katz who told NBC News the terror group was drawing on Trump’s rhetoric to recruit. Katz’s comments, however, included no mention of the Islamic State showing potential recruits video of Trump. A tweet from a “very vocal ISIS supporter” was also sent by Merrill to TheBlaze, but neither the tweet or article it linked to included anything to support the video claim.

An online search did not return any results that would support Clinton’s video assertion either.

A representative for the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DjZeikmI5w

Jason Beale ‏@jabeale 5h5 hours ago

Can you imagine?
ISIS: It's your Islamic duty. (No thanks) The US killed 1000's of Muslims. (Maybe later) Trump said bad things (I'm in).

Offline libertybele

Typical of Hillary to blame someone else for her mistakes. The reasons that ISIS is out of control is because of her.  She as Secretary of State was instrumental in arming Syrian rebels.  She is responsible for the rise of ISIS and now she is blaming the Republicans and in particular Trump, for wanting to halt the influx of Muslims into this country. Trump has not said anything against Muslim-Americans.  By the way, the Muslims that are here that are not citizens, then they are here illegally.  The Muslims that are here that are citizens; need to stop with the hyphenation; either they are Americans and want to assimilate or they are here for another reason.

I hope Trump fires back at her with all he's got and exposes the truth about her and Benghazi and how she is responsible.  If he doesn't I predict he will slide in the polls and she will chop away at each of the candidates in this way. 

Unfortunately the GOP candidates have gone after each other instead of Clinton and Sanders.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:18:09 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I hope Trump fires back at her with all he's got and exposes the truth about her and Benghazi and how she is responsible.  If he doesn't I predict he will slide in the polls and she will chop away at each of the candidates in this way. 

Unfortunately the GOP candidates have gone after each other instead of Clinton and Sanders.

I hope the other candidates fire back at Hitlery.  I hate Trump but even I can see through this spin.

Offline sinkspur

Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton's butt-girl, was on ABC this morning saying "there is no specific video, but the fact remains..."  So they're backtracking on that.

She also backtracked on Clinton's claim that "we're at the place where we ought to be" when it comes to fighting ISIS.

Hillary shoots from the hip like Trump does and both have to clean up after themselves frequently.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

I hope the other candidates fire back at Hitlery.  I hate Trump but even I can see through this spin.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion about Trump.  We both agree though that the candidates need to quit attacking each other and set their sights on taking down Hillary.  Unfortunately so far, the GOPe is focused on taking down both Trump and Cruz to elevate Rubio and have done very little to attack Hillary.  Attacking Hillary is not in their best interest; they may need her should she become president.  Sad but true.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
HOW COULD ANY RATIONAL PERSON THINK THIS IS A NEGATIVE THING?

If ISIS doesn't like Trump, how could this ever not be a good thing?

Is Hillary saying that she supports ISIS, and that they support her candidacy for President? Who in the world could possibly think that supporting and defending raping, murderous, pedophiles, could be a winning point?

The terrorists are saying, 'Unless you let us kill you, then we will become angry, and kill you anyway. '

And the goddam idiot American Left is supporting this position.

I feel like I'm taking 'crazy pills'!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Is Hillary saying that she supports ISIS, and that they support her candidacy for President? Who in the world could possibly think that supporting and defending raping, murderous, pedophiles, could be a winning point?

The terrorists are saying, 'Unless you let us kill you, then we will become angry, and kill you anyway. '

Don't let the liberal lunatics get to you; remember we're working towards restoring sanity!

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am not a Trump guy. I could take or leave it. I don't really care.

But, so many things that Sink and his leftist 'cabal' say, keep pushing me to it.

If the maniacs which are raging across the Middle East hate Trump that much, then that alone would cause me to like him.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Conversly, the friends of my enemy are my enemy.

I must be one of Hillary's vaunted delusional "Great White Conspiracy" against her.

Yes, I guess I am. You insane b**ch.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Longiron

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:55:09 am by Longiron »

Offline sinkspur

I am not a Trump guy. I could take or leave it. I don't really care.

But, so many things that Sink and his leftist 'cabal' say, keep pushing me to it.

If the maniacs which are raging across the Middle East hate Trump that much, then that alone would cause me to like him.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Conversly, the friends of my enemy are my enemy.

I must be one of Hillary's vaunted delusional "Great White Conspiracy" against her.

Yes, I guess I am. You insane b**ch.

The thread is about Hillary lying, not what ISIS thinks of Donald Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The new Hillary ad campaign is fantastic.

Ok. Get this. Billboards, Radio, TV.

And what we say is, 'Vote for Hillary! ' Because ISIS loves her!!' and they hate Donald Trump.

Vote Hillary! She is ISIS approved!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What if ISIS started putting out pro-Trump ads?

We can't recruit off of that old rich White broad, go for Trump. We are actually afraid of him, and not afraid of some old exwife of an old White pervert molester.

Offline flowers

I feel the same way.....crazy pills.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Actually, from another thread, it is easy to find ISIS recruiting videos and they are using Bill Clinton and Barack Obama in them.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,189189.msg753649.html#msg753649

Offline Right_in_Virginia

rangerrebew

Donald Trump Isn’t In Any ISIS Recruitment Videos, But Bill Clinton Is [VIDEO]

Posted By Chuck Ross On 10:19 AM 12/21/2015 In | No Comments

Hillary Clinton’s claim during Saturday’s debate that ISIS is using videos of Donald Trump as a recruitment tool has already been proved false. But it’s now emerged that one of the terrorist group’s most recent recruitment commercials features an image of someone very close to her, personally and politically.

A four-minute video released by ISIS last month, entitled “No Respite,” includes an image of Bill Clinton, who is called a “fornicator” — a reference to his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, among many others.

The propaganda piece also shows President Obama and former President George W. Bush, who is called a “liar.” The terror group asserts in the high-quality short that the U.S. military, though large in number, is ineffectual against Muslim armies.

Clinton’s appearance in the video is especially ironic given his wife’s shocking claim during the weekend debate that ISIS recruiters “are going to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists.” (RELATED: Clinton Campaign Spins Candidate’s Remarks About ISIS Using Trump Videos To Recruit Terrorists)

Clinton said that Trump’s recent comments calling for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. made the Republican frontrunner ISIS’ “best recruitment tool.”

But after fact-checkers searched for such a video featuring Trump and came up empty, the Clinton campaign was forced to admit on Sunday that the candidate’s claim was inaccurate. Campaign chairman John Podesta asserted that Clinton stands by her remarks. He argued that since Trump appears on television in the Middle East, he is likely being used to inflame Muslims.

Trump responded to Clinton’s accusation by calling her a “liar” and demanding an apology.

WATCH:
Please enable Javascript and Flash to view this VideoPress video.

[h/t Red State]

Follow Chuck on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/21/donald-trump-isnt-in-any-isis-recruitment-videos-but-bill-clinton-is-video/