Author Topic: The 9 key moments from the Democratic debate  (Read 2271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The 9 key moments from the Democratic debate
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:52:42 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/democratic-debate-key-moments-216978

The 9 key moments from the Democratic debate

Bernie tells Clinton he’s sorry. O’Malley hammers away on guns. And not surprisingly, Trump is mentioned.

By Daniel Strauss

12/19/15 09:15 PM EST

Updated 12/19/15 09:42 PM EST

There were only three candidates on the stage in the latest Democratic presidential debate, but each had plenty of key moments. Here are the most memorable, important, and explosive moments from Saturday's ABC News debate:

1. Sanders apologizes for data breach

Right out of the gate, Sen. Bernie Sanders apologized for this week's data breach, in which Sanders campaign staffers improperly accessed voter data from Hillary Clinton's campaign. And Hillary Clinton accepted his apology.

“Yes, I apologize,” Sanders said. “Not only do I apologize to Secretary Clinton and I hope we can work on an independent investigation, I apologize to my supporters.”

Clinton said she was looking forward to moving beyond the scuffle.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/democratic-debate-key-moments-216978#ixzz3upFxY4N9

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:53:03 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: The 9 key moments from the Democratic debate
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 03:02:44 am »
Clinton is focused and aggressive... Much better debating skills than I have seen in the past....
Republicans best not take her for granted...

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 03:09:01 am »
Clinton is focused and aggressive... Much better debating skills than I have seen in the past....

She had a pushover against her and never had to take a punch. Bernie Sanders has the temperament of a elitist Republican, he wouldn't know how to swat a fly, he's too busy being a supplicant. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:13:16 am »

That's what I've been saying..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 03:38:59 am »
They had a debate? OK.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:40:09 am »
That's what I've been saying..
I predict she will win.

Trump has been offensive to Hispanics (Hispanic vote)

Cruz is a "no exceptions" abortion opponent (female vote)

Either way, the Republican starts with major obstacles, not to mention GOP losing national popular vote 5 of the last 6 times, etc.

All Hillary has got to do is appear to be the most centered, balanced, experienced option, compared to her opponents who will be on record with unpopular positions and/or statements.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 09:45:02 am »
Do you think a Cruz/Rubio ticket would provide some balance?

No.  The problem in the past is that the GOPe has promoted and selected candidates who were moderates and leaned to the left in order to appease and to supposedly draw votes.  It hasn't worked; McCain and Romney lost big time.  Voters are rallying behind Trump and Cruz because they are outsiders and don't represent the GOPe.  The establishment just handed the DEMS everything they wanted (and probably more) in the recent budget bill.  The only way to beat Hillary and the DEMS is to get back to conservative values and principles; otherwise, why vote for a GOP candidate?  If the GOP is going to side with the DEMS all of the time, then why just not vote DEM?  Why have two parties?  We pretty much have a one party system now.  The majority of the GOP Congress are RINO's.

Cruz needs someone who will give him a leg up, not sink him as Rubio would.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 09:50:36 am »
I predict she will win.

Trump has been offensive to Hispanics (Hispanic vote)

Cruz is a "no exceptions" abortion opponent (female vote)

Either way, the Republican starts with major obstacles, not to mention GOP losing national popular vote 5 of the last 6 times, etc.

All Hillary has got to do is appear to be the most centered, balanced, experienced option, compared to her opponents who will be on record with unpopular positions and/or statements.

Cruz does represent the FEMALE CONSERVATIVE vote.  This election isn't about electing a 'moderate' or a RINO to run against Hillary. This election so far really is about upsetting and breaking apart the establishment. People have had enough. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be seeing Cruz and Trump leading in the polls against the RINO's.

We have two clear choices this election.  Either we can vote DEM or GOPe and continue the path of destruction that we are on or we can vote for a GOP candidate that will lead us on a path of restoration.  I personally prefer the later.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:13 am »

Exactly and not only that, I would add that the DEMS shouldn't dismiss Bernie nor should the GOP.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 10:07:55 am »
Exactly.  While I am glad that we have had a wide field of candidates to pick from, it is really time for those who don't have a chance to bow out.  The GOP candidates have spent the past 6 month jockeying for position and attacking each other and really, no one has gone against Clinton.  Not only has Clinton not attacked Sanders, she has gone forward in paving the way to victory by continuing to demonstrate the difference between her and the Republicans; the difference between liberalism and conservatism.  We need to do the same and very quickly ... we need to show why liberalism hasn't worked and why conservatism will. 

Hillary Clinton Just Showed She Isn't Running Against Bernie Sanders Anymore

Manchester, New Hampshire — Hillary Clinton arrived here for the third Democratic presidential debate Saturday under distinctly propitious circumstances.

Her chief rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), was engulfed in a political firestorm amid revelations that his campaign had improperly accessed and saved the Clinton campaign's voter data. The episode triggered a bitter war of accusations and recriminations, with the Sanders campaign fundraising off the backlash to the Democratic National Committee's temporary suspension of its access to voter data and Hillaryland blasting Sanders for making his campaign's alleged "theft" a "rallying point."

For Clinton, the case for forcefully challenging Sanders during their face-off at Saint Anselm College was compelling. While Sanders was unaware of the data breach until news of the accusations broke Thursday night, the incident raised significant questions about Sanders' management acumen. For a campaign that's railed against establishment politics-as-usual, the data breached smacked of dirty backroom tricks.

But Clinton let it go....

...From the go, Clinton made clear she had little interest in sparring with Sanders and O'Malley.

"I'm very clear that we have a distinct difference between those of us on this stage tonight and all of our Republican counterparts," she declared in her opening statement. "From my perspective, we have to prevent the Republicans from rolling back the progress that we've made."

Republicans "would repeal the Affordable Care Act, not improve it," she said. "They would give more tax breaks to the super-wealthy and corporations, not to the middle class. And they would, despite all their tough talk about terrorism, continue to let people who are on the no-fly list buy guns."

No Republican tough-talker came under more withering attack from Clinton than Donald Trump, who continues to lead most state and national polls in the GOP race. Trump's strident rhetoric against Muslims, Clinton warned, only endangered national security amid the ongoing struggle against the Islamic State terrorist group, also known as ISIS...

...http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-just-showed-she-052622456.html

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 02:03:07 pm »
She had a pushover against her and never had to take a punch. Bernie Sanders has the temperament of a elitist Republican, he wouldn't know how to swat a fly, he's too busy being a supplicant.

Nailed it. No one ever ask her any tough questions. I don't think TRUMP or CRUZ will let that slide or her record of nothing even if the questions are not asked by the LIB moderators. She will be CRUSHED and start sweating like MARCO when pushed and she will be pushed by TRUMP or CRUZ but TRUMP a lot harder.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:03:23 pm by Longiron »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:23:20 pm »

Hillary Clinton Just Showed She Isn't Running Against Bernie Sanders Anymore

"I'm very clear that we have a distinct difference between those of us on this stage tonight and all of our Republican counterparts," she declared in her opening statement. "From my perspective, we have to prevent the Republicans from rolling back the progress that we've made."

Republicans "would repeal the Affordable Care Act, not improve it," she said. "They would give more tax breaks to the super-wealthy and corporations, not to the middle class. And they would, despite all their tough talk about terrorism, continue to let people who are on the no-fly list buy guns." 

I hope someone's taken note of her platform and have sharp, credible answers to her "rolling back the progress that we've made" mantra.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 02:29:43 pm »
We MUST avoid this happening again... Romney was dumbstruck and just sat there being a "gentleman".
Underestimate the democrats at our own peril...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:35:00 pm by EdinVA »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 02:31:08 pm »

I don't think it's progress in America when babies are murdered in the womb and their body parts sold on the open market, and then call it a women's health issue.

Of course, that then begs the question, why haven't Republicans done anything to stop this wholesale butchery?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:18:12 pm »
No, I didn’t watch the Democrats “debate” last night. Did I miss anything? Other than Hillary being MIA again?

In a rather odd moment about halfway into the debate, moderator David Muir launched right into a question for the candidates who were on the stage and noted Clinton's absence. The camera showed her center-stage position empty as the debate rolled on. Not long after, she took her spot at the podium and acknowledged she was a little late. - USA Today
I did manage to snag you this screengrab of Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the debate sporting her new ‘do. Very creative, uplifting even: based on this alone I declare victory for the Dems in the War on Women.

Butt seriously: whoa Nelly! That unfortunate nag looks like she's been rode hard and…well, you know.  It looks like she and Hillary may have been knocking back Moscow Mules during the commercial breaks.   ...

read the rest at Michelle Obama's Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
No, I didn’t watch the Democrats “debate” last night. Did I miss anything? Other than Hillary being MIA again?
   I did manage to snag you this screengrab of Debbie Wasserman Schultz at the debate sporting her new ‘do. Very creative, uplifting even: based on this alone I declare victory for the Dems in the War on Women.

Butt seriously: whoa Nelly! That unfortunate nag looks like she's been rode hard and…well, you know.  It looks like she and Hillary may have been knocking back Moscow Mules during the commercial breaks.   ...

read the rest at Michelle Obama's Mirror

I watched it... she was a minute late coming back from the restroom... Not a big deal.
Hilary was focused and very aggressive and stayed with the conversation, not like her previous debates.
My view, she would destroy the "milder" republican candidates.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »
I watched it... she was a minute late coming back from the restroom... Not a big deal.
Hilary was focused and very aggressive and stayed with the conversation, not like her previous debates.

She would destroy Trump.  He couldn't help himself and would insult her and demean her and that would be the END of him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »

Agree.  She would demolish Rubio and Carson.  Cruz will demolish her. He needs to go after her credibility and her record.  His credibility and record are clean.  Trump in those areas may have a problem as he was a former Democrat.   Knowing Hillary, if Cruz is our nominee, she will find a way to avoid debating him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »
http://www.billoreilly.com/video/video-of-the-day?vid=-290981086337182354

Now Playing:
Bizarre moment at Dem Debate: Where's Hillary?
Video of the Day
When ABC returned from a commercial break at last night's Democratic presidential debate, the front-runner was inexplicably missing in action.
12/20/2015

video at link
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 06:36:07 pm »
Agree.  She would demolish Rubio and Carson.  Cruz will demolish her. He needs to go after her credibility and her record.  His credibility and record are clean.  Trump in those areas may have a problem as he was a former Democrat.   Knowing Hillary, if Cruz is our nominee, she will find a way to avoid debating him.
I agree and am beginning to think a wet noodle could demolish Dr. Carson. Good man, terrible candidate.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 06:49:09 pm »

I hope your right liberty.... I expect that all stops will be pulled... accusations of infidelity, hate women, speeding tickets... the gambit will come flying out of the left and whoever is the nominee needs to be ready and not let it throw them.  We need to have a whole host of responses ready that have nothing to do with the 2nd or the bible because the left does not believe in those things so a response based on things they do not believe in will be cast aside.  We need to craft responses based on things they believe in.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:09 pm »
I hope your right liberty.... I expect that all stops will be pulled... accusations of infidelity, hate women, speeding tickets... the gambit will come flying out of the left and whoever is the nominee needs to be ready and not let it throw them.  We need to have a whole host of responses ready that have nothing to do with the 2nd or the bible because the left does not believe in those things so a response based on things they do not believe in will be cast aside.  We need to craft responses based on things they believe in.

Let's face it, Hillary is no dummy. I think the question comes down to this; which of our candidates is savvy enough to outsmart her?  Regardless of what scenario I think of in ousting Hillary, the only candidate that seems able to accomplish what we need is Cruz.  She's a master of deception, he is a master of truth.  She has a suitcase full of corruption surrounding her; Cruz has none.  Both are well educated but Cruz surpasses her and he has an audiographic memory. She has a very flawed record as Secretary of State and as a Senator filled with scandals, Cruz has an impeccable record as Senator and Solicitor General.  There are some that say, Cruz isn't ready; if not, who else do we have?  Trump??  Trump has never held a political office in his life nor do I feel he knows how government runs.  Cruz has and does. Rubio?  His involvement with the Gang of Eight will sink him, and I think Hillary will chew him alive (he'd be sweating bullets).  IMHO Rubio's ability is only to march to the GOPe/DEM drum.

The only problem I forsee  if Cruz becomes our nominee, will Hillary debate him, or will she use excuses (which she is famous for) to avoid confrontation?