Author Topic: Ted Cruz' Christmas Classics Commercial to Air on SNL [video]  (Read 2288 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz' Christmas Classics Commercial to Air on SNL [video]
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »
Exellent Cruz style!

Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:32:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 02:15:47 pm »
Exellent Cruz style!

Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America.

Just wish he looked more like Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott.   :laugh:  ....instead of the Black Spy in "Spy vs. Spy".   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 03:07:46 pm »
Cruz's message and the content of his ad is much more effective; perhaps most important is the clip of the interview afterwards regarding Rubio's deception on Cruz's immigration stance.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:44:11 pm »
Ted Cruz Hits Marco Rubio on Immigration in New Ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW38URo-A2Q

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:16:27 pm »
Loved it! :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 05:44:34 pm »
Just wish he looked more like Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott.   :laugh:  ....instead of the Black Spy in "Spy vs. Spy".   

DC, why do you even concern yourself with that?  He looks like what he looks like.  He's not ugly; he's not pretty.  Why would you even mention that?

I have an old, old friend, and we were talking about GWB once, and he said he wouldn't vote for Bush.  I asked him why not?  "Because I just can't stand the way he talks".    So, he voted for Gore.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 07:02:05 pm »
DC, why do you even concern yourself with that?  He looks like what he looks like.  He's not ugly; he's not pretty.  Why would you even mention that?

I have an old, old friend, and we were talking about GWB once, and he said he wouldn't vote for Bush.  I asked him why not?  "Because I just can't stand the way he talks".    So, he voted for Gore.

It is very said that there are people  who vote for a person based on their looks (my mother unfortunately included); she voted for Gore because she thought he had nice hair!  I am absolutely dumbfounded by the mentality of voters...and we wonder why we have a 'do nothing Congress'!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:33 pm »

That is the first time I've seen that comparison.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 07:07:31 pm »
I'm going to take a bit of a different view here, but I wish something like that was put out by a PAC or fan on YouTube and not the campaign. It wasn't very professional (not in production but in image). I still want the President to be above this stuff. (and this coming from someone who likes Cruz).

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 07:16:59 pm »
I'm going to take a bit of a different view here, but I wish something like that was put out by a PAC or fan on YouTube and not the campaign. It wasn't very professional (not in production but in image). I still want the President to be above this stuff. (and this coming from someone who likes Cruz).

I think those days are over for now.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 07:24:03 pm »

I say it because of the shallowness of the American Voter.   Conservatives start our without a decent hand as it is.

Nowadays, in order to get peoples' attention, you have to......well, look at the Kardashians....and you'll know what I mean.

I like Cruz.  But he's not the guy for us this time.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 08:14:55 pm »

It served it's purpose and I thought it was brilliant. He is thinking outside the box which is much needed in this election. Rather than changing conservative policy to be more moderate; change the view of the 'rich old white guy Republican' mentality. It was aired on Saturday Night Live which normally does some type of political satire and has been known to take 'pot shots' at the GOP. The show is viewed by usually around 5,000,000 people with Trump drawing double that when he was host. Think of the audience/crowd that the program draws; primarily younger viewers, college age, perhaps lower information voters and mostly liberals.   The ad was not only geared towards them, but it depicted Cruz as an outsider and not your typical politician (which is true). It also accomplished name recognition and made very quick reference to those things which he is opposed to.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:16:18 pm by libertybele »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:17 pm »
It served it's purpose and I thought it was brilliant. He is thinking outside the box which is much needed in this election. Rather than changing conservative policy to be more moderate; change the view of the 'rich old white guy Republican' mentality. It was aired on Saturday Night Live which normally does some type of political satire and has been known to take 'pot shots' at the GOP. The show is viewed by usually around 5,000,000 people with Trump drawing double that when he was host. Think of the audience/crowd that the program draws; primarily younger viewers, college age, perhaps lower information voters and mostly liberals.   The ad was not only geared towards them, but it depicted Cruz as an outsider and not your typical politician (which is true). It also accomplished name recognition and made very quick reference to those things which he is opposed to.

Oh, I agree!  It's necessary in this day and age to "humanize" the candidate.  Remember the "who would you rather go out and have a beer with" in the Romney vs. 0bama race?  0 won that hands down. 

I hate it, but that's how it's done these days. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 01:25:54 am »
According to the Washington Post Cruz's ad attracted over 1,000,000 views on You Tube this past weekend.  Not too shabby at all. "The video is already by far the most popular video produced by the Cruz campaign."

Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America