Author Topic: ​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL  (Read 8644 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: ​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:32 am »
Are you sure?:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-12-17/house-adopts-622-billion-plan-to-revive-expired-tax-breaks

This looks to me like the bill itself.

This vote was on the tax breaks bill.  Republicans all supported the tax breaks.  As they should have.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2015, 07:02:49 am »
That's been the GOPe plan for years.  They finally lost me, and I'm never coming back.   :seeya:
I spoke to the GOPe.  They are really sorry, and they asked me to talk with you.  We didn't mean to hurt you, darling.  It was an accident and it will never happen again...we promise.  It's just we love you so much, and we get angry and jealous when we see you with the Tea Party, and flirting with the Freedom Caucus.  They don't care about you like we do...remember all those sweet things the GOPe did and said before the elections in 2014...it can be like that again baby.  Tell Trump you fell down the stairs.  I know we have broken our promises before, but this time it is different.  We just didn't realize how much we hurt you. 

It's just that we work so hard all day writing legislation to appease Obama and the rats.  I don't think you appreciate how hard that is.  In fact, I don't think you appreciate how lucky you are that we care...especially when we come home after a long day and dinner isn't ready, the house is a mess, and you're dressed in an unattractive sweatsuit.  You think Trump would put up with that crap?  You think Trump thinks your pretty with your hair in curlers and no makeup?  You will never find anyone as good as us.  You don't deserve our affection.

WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?  DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM US WHEN WE ARE TALKING BITCH!  DON"T MAKE US PUNISH YOU AGAIN!!!

oh...

hurm...

We're sorry Carling.  We didn't mean it.  We only get angry because we love you so much.  Come back.

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2015, 07:10:48 am »
When he entered the race, they--the professional politicians and pundits--tried tarring Trump as a joke candidate. The people didn't buy that and support for Trump suddenly rose, putting him in first place, where he has stayed ever since.

Trump released detailed position papers on tax reform; second amendment rights; immigration reform; veterans administration reforms; U.S.–China trade reform.

And still the media attacked him on the legitimacy of his intentions with headlines like, Is Donald Trump Serious? – The New York Times, and The One-Man Roadshow of Donald Trump – WSJ.

Donald Trump is an intelligent and serious candidate for president of the United States, as witnessed by his latest position statement issued after republicans in congress [sic] caved to the president's "stick future generations with the bill," no compromises, omnibus budget.

Without Trump having entered the race there would have been no one in the GOP field--save for Ted Cruz--addressing the many issues that Trump fearlessly and steadfastly championed.

Great leaders rise to the occasion.

Trump can't formulate a complete or coherent sentence...that is why he resonates with the mobs.  What will they think of his opposition to taxcuts for workers...unless he takes the rat track and calls it tax breaks for the wealthy.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2015, 08:09:29 am »
When Donald Trump entered the race, professional politicians and pundits tried tarring him as a joke candidate. But people didn't buy that line and support for Trump rose, suddenly putting him in first place, where he's been ever since.

Trump issued detailed position papers on tax reform; second amendment rights; immigration reform; veterans administration reforms; U.S.–China trade reform. Yet the media attacks his intentions with headlines like, Is Donald Trump Serious? (NYT), and The One-Man Roadshow of Donald Trump (WSJ).

Donald Trump is a serious candidate. We see it in this statement criticizing republicans [sic] in congress for caving to the president's no compromise, omnibus budget. (Why omnibus? –too busy Christmas shopping to hammer out a real budget? Might as well call it the 'Burden the Children Act.')

Without Trump in the race there would have been no one in the GOP field--save for Ted Cruz--with positions that Trump fearlessly and steadfastly champions.

Great leaders rise to the top.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2015, 08:11:06 am »

How did you know what I was about to say? Spooky.

:silly:  :tongue2:

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2015, 09:41:33 am »
How did you know what I was about to say? Spooky.

:silly:  :tongue2:

I dunno.  It's almost like I'm precognitive.  Sometimes I know Trump will say "I'm really smart."  Other times he'll say "I'm very smart."  And sometimes he'll say "I'm really very smart."  Then sometimes his fans will say "Heil Trump" or "Seig Heil" or "Light that m*therf*cker up."
http://www.newsweek.com/altercation-erupts-donald-trump-rally-405380

Many times I just let my mind descend into the deepest darkest soul insulting horror scenario I can think of, and Trump fulfills it like the puzzle box from Hellraiser.  :smokin:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2015, 11:32:44 am »
Although disappointed, I am not surprised that congress gave BO what he wanted.
Other than Trump, I have not read ANY blowback from the other candidates on the passage of this budget.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:25 pm »
As much as people are rallying behind Trump and Cruz, I think we all need to keep in mind that we still have another year under Hussein...in his State of the Union address he is supposed to mention gun control by executive action. He's also bringing in thousands of Muslims and refugees from Lord only knows where and the U.N. is settling in, in D.C.  I wish I could shake this feeling that we may not make it to another election.

Barry uses gun control every time he wants to divert your attention. No idiot like Barry is going to stop Legal Americans from having guns especially now when we're are getting attracted by the Muslims. **nononono*

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »
I dunno.  It's almost like I'm precognitive.  Sometimes I know Trump will say "I'm really smart."  Other times he'll say "I'm very smart."  And sometimes he'll say "I'm really very smart."  Then sometimes his fans will say "Heil Trump" or "Seig Heil" or "Light that m*therf*cker up."

Many times I just let my mind descend into the deepest darkest soul insulting horror scenario I can think of, and Trump fulfills it like the puzzle box from Hellraiser.  :smokin:

I find it intresting that the critics of Trump all engage in the same hyperbolic personal attack politic debate tactics of the Leftists. Odd how they are so passionately convinced of how wrong Trump is but cannot create an intellectually coherent rational argument for their views with out all the  hyper emotional bile laces ranting.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2015, 12:53:38 pm »

No precognitive. No cognitive at all. Just emotionall hyperbolic and more then a bit of a hysteric.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »
When Donald Trump entered the race, professional politicians and pundits tried tarring him as a joke candidate. But people didn't buy that line and support for Trump rose, suddenly putting him in first place, where he's been ever since.

Trump issued detailed position papers on tax reform; second amendment rights; immigration reform; veterans administration reforms; U.S.–China trade reform. Yet the media attacks his intentions with headlines like, Is Donald Trump Serious? (NYT), and The One-Man Roadshow of Donald Trump (WSJ).

Donald Trump is a serious candidate. We see it in this statement criticizing republicans [sic] in congress for caving to the president's no compromise, omnibus budget. (Why omnibus? –too busy Christmas shopping to hammer out a real budget? Might as well call it the 'Burden the Children Act.')

Without Trump in the race there would have been no one in the GOP field--save for Ted Cruz--with positions that Trump fearlessly and steadfastly champions.

Great leaders rise to the top.

If TC was in this race without Trump he would have been taken out long ago by the RINOGOPe. We would be discussing gay rights, supporting common core and deciding how much more stupid Bushie would look if he did not have glasses. :0001:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:55:21 pm by Longiron »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2015, 12:59:09 pm »
If TC was in this race without Trump he would have been taken out long ago by the RINOGOPe. We would be discussing gay rights, supporting common core and deciding how much more stupid Bushie would look if he did not have glasses. :0001:

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »

Amen to that! It's called "protection".

Ted Cruz is standing in the batter's box.  The Mainstream Media is on the mound.  And Donald Trump is in the On-Deck Circle.

They can't pitch around Cruz.  They have to pitch to him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/263683-ryan-pelosi-corral-votes-as-11t-funding-bill-speeds-to-floor

Ryan and Pelosi corral votes as $1.1T funding bill speeds to floor
By Scott Wong and Mike Lillis - 12/17/15 07:10 PM EST

The House is poised to pass a bipartisan $1.1 trillion bill to fund the government, with GOP and Democratic whip teams going into overdrive to boost their numbers before the Friday morning vote.

Democratic leaders have voiced numerous objections to the package, particularly the inclusion of an end to a ban on crude oil exports and the failure to address Puerto Rico’s debt crisis. But with the White House urging support — and dozens of conservatives expected to buck GOP leaders and vote no — the Democrats are also scrambling to convince wary rank-and-file members that the current package is the best they can get.

Senior Obama administration officials and Cabinet secretaries began reaching out to congressional Democrats, urging them to back the spending deal, a source said.

And Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), who both endorsed the massive omnibus bill, were personally pressing undecided members and “working it,” according to a whip team member.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and his top lieutenants appeared much more relaxed than their Democratic counterparts. Still, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and other leaders were making calls, sending text messages and button-holing colleagues on the floor to drive up their vote total, lawmakers and aides said.

Ryan huddled in his office Thursday afternoon with members of the Western Caucus, who griped that he didn’t do enough during the negotiations to fight against environmental regulations, an attendee said.

But by the end of the meeting, Ryan had flipped a couple “no” votes to “yes.”

“It will pass,” a senior GOP lawmaker close to leadership said without hesitation.

Providing the omnibus some momentum, the House on Thursday passed legislation extending a series of expired tax breaks — many of them permanently — with an overwhelming bipartisan vote of 318 to 109. The spending bill, if it passes Friday, will be combined with the tax proposal and delivered to the Senate as one package.

Leaders from both parties stayed in close contact Wednesday and Thursday as they swapped their respective vote tallies, even as those numbers remained fluid. Senior lawmakers familiar with the whip operations said Republicans would likely need to deliver 120 votes and Democrats 100 votes to ship the bill over to the Senate before leaving for the holidays.

Ryan is hoping for a big GOP vote — a majority of the majority, or roughly 124 Republicans — to signal that the conference has turned a corner from the days of his predecessor, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who faced a conservative revolt every time he tried to bring a bipartisan spending bill to the floor.

Earlier Thursday, members of the Democratic whip team said they had only locked up about 80 supporters on their side. But by late afternoon, all of the arm-twisting by leaders and vote-counters was beginning to pay off.

“I think everything is back on track and the votes will be there tomorrow morning,” said a member of the Democratic whip team.

Pelosi, who negotiated the omnibus with Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), said the provision lifting the 40-year ban on crude oil exports is "the biggest obstacle” as she pitches the compromise to wary Democrats.

But the oil provision, she added, allowed the Democrats to win major concessions from the Republicans on a long list of other issues, from the environment and labor protections to banking reforms and the Syrian refugee program.

"Republicans’ desperate thirst for lifting the oil export ban empowered Democrats to win significant concessions throughout the Omnibus, including ridding the bill of scores of deeply destructive poison pill riders," Pelosi wrote in a letter to Democratic colleagues Thursday night.

Pelosi on Wednesday had huddled separately with members of the Progressive Caucus and Tri-Caucus, which consists of black, Hispanic and Asian American Democrats. In both meetings, she got an earful, according to a number of attendees, and the criticisms continued at a Democratic Caucus meeting on Thursday morning.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) said he's opposing the omnibus because Republicans stripped out a Democratic proposal to help Puerto Rican leaders manage their debt crisis. He suggested Democratic negotiators didn't fight hard enough, and urged a reopening of the talks.

"I don't know if we negotiated from a position of power in this," he said. "And I, for one, am not going to go to Florida, and talk to 1 million Puerto Ricans in Florida, and tell them to vote Democrat if the Democrats can't stand up for the Puerto Ricans today."

Still, other top liberals are lining up behind the measure, providing cover to Democrats who had been reluctant to support it.

Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) and David Price (D-N.C.), two top appropriators, both announced Thursday on the House floor that they'll grudgingly back the deal. And Hoyer, the Democratic whip, also threw his weight behind the measure.

"I believe we can do better, especially when it comes to making investments in areas that grow our economy, such as infrastructure, research, innovation, higher education, and workforce development," Hoyer said.

"But I will support this omnibus, and I urge my colleagues to support this omnibus, because we must not let the perfect stand in the way of the practical and the appropriate."

Ryan, meanwhile, has sought to mollify the Democratic criticisms over the Puerto Rico debt crisis by vowing to tackle the issue, through regular order, early next year. That promise has won some praise from Democrats, who nonetheless say the delay is both harmful and unnecessary.

Complicating the debate, a number of heavyweight groups are split on the issue and have ramped up their lobbying ahead of Friday's vote. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers and the Business Round Table are all urging support for the omnibus, while Heritage Action and the Club for Growth are drumming up opposition.

One thing lawmakers agree on is a desire to put 2015 behind them. Many were anxious to vote quickly and begin their long holiday recess, where Christmas dinners, vacations to Machu Picchu and CODELs await them.

And there are other pressing matters to tend to this weekend: Several lawmakers said after Friday’s vote they were flying directly to Dayton, Ohio, where GOP Rep. Mike Turner is tying the knot on Saturday with his fiancée Majida Mourad.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2015, 02:37:58 pm »
I find it intresting that the critics of Trump all engage in the same hyperbolic personal attack politic debate tactics of the Leftists. Odd how they are so passionately convinced of how wrong Trump is but cannot create an intellectually coherent rational argument for their views with out all the  hyper emotional bile laces ranting.

I've noticed that too. The anti Trump crowd can't help but being nasty to anyone who would even consider Trump. The anti-Trump crowd assumes that same elitist stance as progressives.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »
Classic GOPe Liberal bill "Sure spend all you want, just make sure I don't have to pay anything for any of it".

Offline Relic

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:19 pm »
Classic GOPe Liberal bill "Sure spend all you want, just make sure I don't have to pay anything for any of it".

Exactly!

Where is the conservatism in that?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »
Exactly!

Where is the conservatism in that?

It makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Is Ryan embracing a liberal agenda because he agrees with it? Or, is he simply, as was the case with his predecessor, afraid of being maligned by the Obama/lapdog media as a racist?--a favorite leftist line of attack when you disagree with Obama's agenda.

Is it white guilt and fear, or establishment concord?

Myself, I think Ryan's been coopted by the DC cartel.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2015, 03:52:52 pm »

Is Ryan embracing a liberal agenda because he agrees with it? Or, is he simply, as was the case with his predecessor, afraid of being maligned by the Obama/lapdog media as a racist?--a favorite leftist line of attack when you disagree with Obama's agenda.

Or blackmailed.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »
Amen to that! It's called "protection".

Ted Cruz is standing in the batter's box.  The Mainstream Media is on the mound.  And Donald Trump is in the On-Deck Circle.

They can't pitch around Cruz.  They have to pitch to him.

And TRUMP really is good at hitting the CRUVE ball. He can see it coming? :silly:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »

When he was named as the VP candidate for MITTEMS then mostly everyone that follows this stuff knew he was an entrenched member of the RINOGOPe.

Offline Relic

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2015, 04:24:57 pm »

I think Ryan is quite comfortable with the leftist agenda. And it doesn't hurt that he's getting wealthy going along with it.

Offline Carling

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2015, 05:31:06 pm »
I spoke to the GOPe.  They are really sorry, and they asked me to talk with you.  We didn't mean to hurt you, darling.  It was an accident and it will never happen again...we promise.  It's just we love you so much, and we get angry and jealous when we see you with the Tea Party, and flirting with the Freedom Caucus.  They don't care about you like we do...remember all those sweet things the GOPe did and said before the elections in 2014...it can be like that again baby.  Tell Trump you fell down the stairs.  I know we have broken our promises before, but this time it is different.  We just didn't realize how much we hurt you. 

It's just that we work so hard all day writing legislation to appease Obama and the rats.  I don't think you appreciate how hard that is.  In fact, I don't think you appreciate how lucky you are that we care...especially when we come home after a long day and dinner isn't ready, the house is a mess, and you're dressed in an unattractive sweatsuit.  You think Trump would put up with that crap?  You think Trump thinks your pretty with your hair in curlers and no makeup?  You will never find anyone as good as us.  You don't deserve our affection.

WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?  DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM US WHEN WE ARE TALKING BITCH!  DON"T MAKE US PUNISH YOU AGAIN!!!

oh...

hurm...

We're sorry Carling.  We didn't mean it.  We only get angry because we love you so much.  Come back.

Smug, arrogant, and condescending. This post is exactly how I feel the establishment GOP is treating its voters. Well done, although I'm sure it wasn't intentional on your part.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2015, 05:41:23 pm »
Marco Rubio ducked the Spending Bill vote. He is done.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2015, 05:42:34 pm »
Smug, arrogant, and condescending. This post is exactly how I feel the establishment GOP is treating its voters. Well done, although I'm sure it wasn't intentional on your part.

I fully concur!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien