Author Topic: ​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL  (Read 8643 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: ​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2015, 06:55:18 pm »
It makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Is Ryan embracing a liberal agenda because he agrees with it? Or, is he simply, as was the case with his predecessor, afraid of being maligned by the Obama/lapdog media as a racist?--a favorite leftist line of attack when you disagree with Obama's agenda.

Is it white guilt and fear, or establishment concord?

Myself, I think Ryan's been coopted by the DC cartel.

Rush has been explaining what's going on...he's not at all happy about it.

Back in 2002-2004 when "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" was presented, the Social Conservative base went bonkers.

It's a fact that the Conservative base as presently comprised is shrinking.  Take a look at our society today.  Safe zones. Passive Aggression toward Progressives.  Cops bad.  Black Lives Matter, etc..

The GOP knows it has to attract more Americans to their side.

They also know that with a Presidential Veto on anything anti-Obama legislation facing a certain veto, they may as well utilize "let's get along and not give them anything that lets them badmouth and degrade us...until we win the Presidency and control House, Senate and White House."

They've chipped away at Obamacare, but realistically, they can't repeal it while Barry's still here.

Jeb Bush outwardly promised he would win the nomination without the GOP base.   They don't like us.  Get over it.

They plan on straightening everything out after a Republican wins the White House next November.

That's their story and they're sticking to it..... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2015, 06:58:58 pm »

Back in 2002-2004 when "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" was presented, the Social Conservative base went bonkers.

It's a fact that the Conservative base as presently comprised is shrinking.  Take a look at our society today.  Safe zones. Passive Aggression toward Progressives.  Cops bad.  Black Lives Matter, etc..

They also know that with a Presidential Veto on anything anti-Obama legislation facing a certain veto, they may as well utilize "let's get along and not give them anything that lets them badmouth and degrade us...until we win the Presidency and control House, Senate and White House."

They've chipped away at Obamacare, but realistically, they can't repeal it while Barry's still here.

Jeb Bush outwardly promised he would win the nomination without the GOP base.   They don't like us.  Get over it.

They plan on straightening everything out after a Republican wins the White House next November.

Short Translation: We must protect the Inside the beltway culture at all costs!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:05 pm »

I think we should read the transcripts when Myst posts them later.  Either I listened to other segments than you did, or we had a completely different take on what he was saying!!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »
I think we should read the transcripts when Myst posts them later.  Either I listened to other segments than you did, or we had a completely different take on what he was saying!!

Then I apologize, Katz.  Your take is no doubt a more correct one.

I was listening in short segments between my appointed rounds.  When you get the time or inclination, please set the record straight.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2015, 07:08:43 pm »
Then I apologize, Katz.  Your take is no doubt a more correct one.

I was listening in short segments between my appointed rounds.  When you get the time or inclination, please set the record straight.

No need to apologize, DC!  We probably have listened to different segments.  I will look for the transcripts of the segments I heard later, or if I am lazy, wait for them to be posted here.  I am sure that we must have just heard different segments.  Sorry to be so abrupt in my comment!   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2015, 07:10:53 pm »
No need to apologize, DC!  We probably have listened to different segments.  I will look for the transcripts of the segments I heard later, or if I am lazy, wait for them to be posted here.  I am sure that we must have just heard different segments.  Sorry to be so abrupt in my comment!   :beer:

No problem, Katz.   I could never take offense at anything your write here.   OTOH...I may learn something.   :laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2015, 08:57:52 pm »

the are out of touch and really wrong.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2015, 02:44:40 am »
Smug, arrogant, and condescending. This post is exactly how I feel the establishment GOP is treating its voters. Well done, although I'm sure it wasn't intentional on your part.
Of course it was intentional, although I had hoped it would be humorous.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2015, 02:56:31 am »

It was humorous.  Keep in mind the audience..............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2015, 03:15:00 am »

I thought it was superb!    :beer:

Offline Carling

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2015, 04:06:48 am »

I laughed, mainly because of how true it is, and how well-written it was.  Well done!

My response was supposed to be similar in its truth and humor.  I have nothing against you at all, Once-ler!   :beer:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:09:15 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2015, 04:51:26 am »
I laughed, mainly because of how true it is, and how well-written it was.  Well done!

My response was supposed to be similar in its truth and humor.  I have nothing against you at all, Once-ler!   :beer:

Nor I you, Carling.  As I have told you before, I think you have a logical and keen mind and I know when we disagree I'm getting the BEST and most sincere counter argument of my opinion.  I have been wrong so many times in my life that want my opinion tried and tested vigorously.

Don't mistake my forceful point of view as a declaration that I believe I hold the key to ultimate truth.  Every year I look back on my strongly held positions of 5 years ago, or 10 years and wonder how I could have been so dumb...yet wisdom usually eludes me the next year when I again reflect on the past.

And don't think your arguments, or DC's, or Aligncare, or Paladin, or Famous, or a dozen other intelligent, America loving, God fearing, and brilliant Trump supporters is having no effect on my opinion.  Next year the GOP will have a candidate.  Today I pray it won't be Trump, but if the Lord doesn't look favorably upon my Sabbath sacrifices, and hourly self- flagellation, then I will likely hold my nose and pull the lever for the GOP nominee as I have done for the last 20+ years.   

I know you feel betrayed by the GOP.  Truth be told, I too feel like I shouldn't have to defend them.  Unfortunately besides the first 100 days of the 1994 Congress and a few years after 9/11 all I seem to do is defend my party.

Ah well, it could be worse...I could be a rat defending a rapist President and a muslim Kenyan President.

Cheers my friend :beer:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:37:48 am by Once-Ler »