Author Topic: Fact Check: PolitiFact Caught Lying About Donald Trump  (Read 1688 times)

rangerrebew

Fact Check: PolitiFact Caught Lying About Donald Trump
« on: December 12, 2015, 02:37:32 pm »

Fact Check: PolitiFact Caught Lying About Donald Trump

by JOHN NOLTE
    10 Dec 2015

The serial liars at PolitiFact have again been caught red-handed lying, this time about a poll cited by Donald Trump in his call to temporarily pause Muslim immigration. The Leftwing PolitiFact hands Trump a “Mostly False” for citing the widely respected Pew Poll and a Center for Security Policy (CSP) poll, both of which reveal a number of disturbing truths about the radicalized state of modern Islam.

First off, it is absurd for any legitimate fact-checker to attack Trump as a liar for believing and citing polls. He’s backing up his claims using data. If PolitiFact wants to attack the polls, they should attack the polls. But the DC Media is on its own jihad to annihilate Trump, so he is the one smeared as the liar.

PolitiFact then goes on to attack the inconvenient facts in the CSP poll with this fabrication:

The first problem with the Center for Security policy poll has to do with methodology. It was an online, opt-in survey, which tend to produce less reliable samples because respondents choose to participate. In traditional polling methods, everyone in a population has a chance of being selected for the survey, meaning the results generally reflect the country’s demographics.

As our own Mike Flynn pointed out Wednesday, the CSP poll uses a widely-respected methodology that includes a sample size larger than some CNN presidential polls.

The only thing wrong with the CSP poll is that leftists like PolitiFact do not like the outcome, so they call it “widely discredited” as though that makes it so.

In an outright sleazy sleight-of-hand, PolitiFact tries to rebut Trump’s point about the radical nature of some American Muslims by using a Pew study that found that a “significant minority” of American Muslims “feel that there is a great deal or a fair amount of support for extremism in the American Muslim community.”

That significant minority is a whopping 21%. PolitiFact does not tell its readers that 21% means more than a half-million American Muslims feel that way.

PolitiFact also chose not to share numerous results from Pew and other pollsters that back up Trump’s claim.

More data proving PolitiFact is one of the most partisan and dishonest rackets allowed to operate legally in the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...-donald-trump/

Offline sinkspur

Re: Fact Check: PolitiFact Caught Lying About Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »
Trumpbart, as usual, lies itself.

The Center for Security Policy is run by Frank Gaffney. It has proposed nutty conspiracy theories, such as the infiltration of the Obama administration by the Muslim Brotherhood.  Gaffney s a widely discounted goofball and FOXNEWS refuses to have him on its air any longer.

Trumpbart never answers the objection that an opt-in poll is self-selecting rather than random.  Mike Flynn or no, that is NOT a "widely-respected methodology."  It doesn't matter how large the sample size is if the sample all CHOOSE to participate in the poll.  Self-selecting polls are no more reliable statistically than the polls run on this site.

So, Trumpbart gets four pinocchios for this BS article.  But Trump citing a conspiracy-based poll is in keeping with Trump's fantasies about "thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating after 9/11."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:27:04 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 04:21:59 pm »
Trumpbart, as usual, lies itself.

The Center for Security Policy is run by Frank Gaffney. It has proposed nutty conspiracy theories, such as the infiltration of the Obama administration by the Muslim Brotherhood.  Gaffney s a widely discounted goofball and FOXNEWS refuses to have him on its air any longer.

Trumpbart never answers the objection that an opt-in poll is self-selecting rather than random.  Mike Flynn or no, that is NOT a "widely-respected methodology."  It doesn't matter how large the sample size is if the sample all CHOOSE to participate in the poll.  Self-selecting polls are no more reliable statistically than the polls run on this site.

So, Trumpbart gets four pinocchios for this BS article.  But Trump citing a conspiracy-based poll is in keeping with Trump's fantasies about "thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating after 9/11."

I think Gaffney also proposed that the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the White House began with George W. Bush, via Karl Rove and Grover Norquist, hence the "religion of peace" response.

Sorry, that's off-topic, but you reminded me of that when you mentioned Gaffney.

I don't think that's a "nutty conspiracy theory" either.  The Muslim Brotherhood does seem to have influence with Obama & Co and I think it should be looked into.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 05:22:58 pm »

I don't think that's a "nutty conspiracy theory" either.  The Muslim Brotherhood does seem to have influence with Obama & Co and I think it should be looked into.
Nope pure fact. Many MB in high places all thru this White House.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »
I think Gaffney also proposed that the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the White House began with George W. Bush, via Karl Rove and Grover Norquist, hence the "religion of peace" response.

Sorry, that's off-topic, but you reminded me of that when you mentioned Gaffney.

Nope. Gaffey used to be all over the place after 9/11 but he's gone off the rails in the last few years.  So that's why you never see him anymore.

So Karl Rove is Muslim Brotherhood now?  No wonder you don't think it's nutty.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »
Nope pure fact. Many MB in high places all thru this White House.

Uh, prove it. I can't stand Obama, but this is the fringer stuff.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »
Nope. Gaffey used to be all over the place after 9/11 but he's gone off the rails in the last few years.  So that's why you never see him anymore.

So Karl Rove is Muslim Brotherhood now?  No wonder you don't think it's nutty.

Nah, Rove just follows the money. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »
Nah, Rove just follows the money.

Yup.  He's a real honorable, stand-up kindda guy.