Author Topic: Donald Trump REITERATES that he still may consider a third party run [VIDEO]  (Read 1054 times)

rangerrebew

Donald Trump REITERATES that he still may consider a third party run [VIDEO]
Posted by The Right Scoop on Dec 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM in Politics | Leave a Comment
By The Right Scoop

Donald Trump was on with Kelly and Michael today and was asked, in light of the criticism he’s gotten from Republicans over his short-term proposal to ban Muslims from entering the country, whether he would consider running third party.

Trump responded that he doesn’t want to and it doesn’t make sense with him leading by such large margins in the polls, but noted once again “If I don’t get treated fairly I would certainly consider [third party]”.

Watch:

[NOTE: In the spot where the audio blips, Trump says “The Republican Party – the people have been phenomenal. The Republican Party – I’ll let you know about that.”]

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/donald-trump-reiterates-that-he-still-may-consider-a-third-party-run-video/#ixzz3u1J8sORL

rangerrebew

Part of his pledge not to form a third party included a pledge by the party to support him if he got the nomination, something they clearly don't want to do. :#@$%:

Offline Lando Lincoln

Donald Trump is the consummate (brilliant) deal maker. Keep the others off balance and speculating right up to the moment the deal is struck. Expect to see a lot of this.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I saw him on O'Reilley the other night and he was questioned about running third party.  He stated that it was NOT something he wanted to do, but as the frontrunner for months he should be given respect.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

I saw him on O'Reilley the other night and he was questioned about running third party.  He stated that it was NOT something he wanted to do, but as the frontrunner for months he should be given respect.

The R party without TRUMP is dead

TRUMP without the R party is alive , well and WINS?

The RINOGOP created TRUMP and they either live with him or they DIE. Start with W he gave us Barry. We gave the PUBBIES the HOUSE  in 2012 they gave us the BONER and did nothing. We gave them the SENATE in 2014 they gave us McConnell and did nothing. Not going to happen again. :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

"Respect" will mean anything Trump wants it to mean.  What a crybaby!

He reminds me of a street thug who shoots somebody because he got "dissed."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It might be wise for the GOP to stop floating threats of a brokered convention.

Offline sinkspur

It might be wise for the GOP to stop floating threats of a brokered convention.

Contingency planning is not "threatening."  Anyway, Trump started this with his 3rd party rhetoric.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Contingency planning is not "threatening."  Anyway, Trump started this with his 3rd party rhetoric.

By "rhetoric", you mean...."....if I'm not treated fairly"?

Or, do you mean the current media Trump gotcha-story of the day?

He's responding to a direct question.  His numbers ARE higher today and he deserves the respect of the party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

By "rhetoric", you mean...."....if I'm not treated fairly"?

Or, do you mean the current media Trump gotcha-story of the day?

He's responding to a direct question.  His numbers ARE higher today and he deserves the respect of the party.

Respect is earned, not demanded.

Contingency planning is not "threatening." 

Of course it is.  It's the worst kind of threat because it says even if you win, we're going to take it from you.

It's disrespectful and a threat to both the candidate and the voters.

Respect is earned, not demanded. 

And Mr. Trump has earned it.  He has single-handedly brought life back to the Republican Party.

Offline sinkspur

Of course it is.  It's the worst kind of threat because it says even if you win, we're going to take it from you.

If he wins enough delegates outright, they can't take it from him.

If he doesn't, that's where the brokered convention comes into play.   What makes that a possibility is that the other candidates may not  release their delegates. 

That's when the fun starts.

Offline sinkspur

And Mr. Trump has earned it.  He has single-handedly brought life back to the Republican Party.

Apparently he hasn't if he's still whining about it.

Apparently he hasn't if he's still whining about it.

He's not the one whining about it.

Offline sinkspur

That's your view.  My view is that he's wrecking the Republican Party.

Offline sinkspur

He's not the one whining about it.

So it's his supporters who are whining about it?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Totally agree.  The GOP needs to stop acting like Snidely Whiplash and get back in touch with the different factions in the party - the factions that they actively courted with their "big tent" meme (a recruitment strategy from a few years back).  Ok, you got your big tent - now we all have to try to get along and focus on the areas we have in common - stop trying to divide people.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

Totally agree.  The GOP needs to stop acting like Snidely Whiplash and get back in touch with the different factions in the party - the factions that they actively courted with their "big tent" meme (a recruitment strategy from a few years back).  Ok, you got your big tent - now we all have to try to get along and focus on the areas we have in common - stop trying to divide people.

Real World; The R party need TRUMP supporters to Win. They also need CRUZ supporters to WIN. If TRUMP gets the nomination most CRUZ supporters will go TRUMP. If CRUZ gets it most TRUMP supporters will go CRUZ. If another RINO like Bushie, RUBIO get it through a FIX the R party is dead and in addition the TRUMP and CRUZ supporters form another PARTY. RINOGOPe will hate it BUT they can live with TRUMP. They hate CRUZ more than TRUMP because he knows where the bodies are buried, the extra curricular activity with guys, girls, kids, the deals and the corruption. CRUZ is their REAL NIGHMARE not TRUMP and CRUZ is more conservative than TRUMP. Thus the PUBBIE, RINOGOPe party has a call to make and all bets they will make the wrong call as usual. :patriot: