Author Topic: Trump 'postpones' Israel trip after Netanyahu criticism  (Read 692 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump 'postpones' Israel trip after Netanyahu criticism
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:55 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/politics/donald-trump-postpones-israel-trip/index.html

Trump 'postpones' Israel trip after Netanyahu criticism

By Tom LoBianco, CNN

Updated 8:41 AM ET, Thu December 10, 2015

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he is postponing his trip to Israel, just a day after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned his proposal to ban U.S. travel for all Muslims.

"I have decided to postpone my trip to Israel and to schedule my meeting with @Netanyahu at a later date after I become President of the U.S.," Trump tweeted.

Trump had planned to meet with Netanyahu December 28 in Israel, according to an Israeli government official, but shortly after the meeting was reported, Netanyahu's office condemned Trump's comments about Muslims.

"Prime Minister Netanyahu rejects Donald Trump's recent remarks about Muslims," according to a statement issued by the prime minister's office.

"The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens. At the same time, Israel is fighting against militant Islam that targets Muslims, Christians and Jews alike and threatens the entire world," the statement said.

Trump explained later Thursday morning that he did not want to place Netanyahu "under pressure."

"He said we have a meeting and he looks forward to the meeting and all of that. But I didn't want to put him under pressure," Trump said on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "I also did it because I'm in the midst of a very powerful campaign that's going very well, and it was not that easy to do. I would say lots of different reasons, I could have done it, it was semi-scheduled."

Trump refused to confirm the meeting when asked about it by CNN's Don Lemon Wednesday.

"I'm just going to Israel some time before the end of the year, I'm going to Israel, but I'm not saying who I'm meeting with," Trump said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump 'postpones' Israel trip after Netanyahu criticism
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 02:14:57 pm »
Bibi: "Sorry Donald. You ain't using me for a photo-op. But you can go ahead and gracefully bow out as if it were your idea."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »
I didn't know Bibi was a GOPe tool out to take down Our Donaldtm.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:00:42 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »

I never thought it possible that a major US figure would be more unwelcome around the world than Obama, but Trump's well on his way to that distinction.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »
Bibi: "Sorry Donald. You ain't using me for a photo-op. But you can go ahead and gracefully bow out as if it were your idea."

Nope.  This further proves that BiBi owes his soul to the GOPe - - - and they've called to collect.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »
Nope.  This further proves that BiBi owes his soul to the GOPe - - - and they've called to collect.

It proves that Bibi is not a bigot.  He actually has to WORK with Muslims on a daily basis in his government.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »
These TRUMP haters will not like this BUT they cannot look beyond the obvious. SECURITY concerns. Israel has enough security problems and the MUSSIES would be willing to blow a 100 of themselves up to get to TRUMP.  Israel and the EUROPEAN countries that are on TRUMP cases about banning the MUSSIES from the US are PO 'd because he does not want HERE to become like THERE and will not let that happen.  :amen:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:50:30 pm by Longiron »

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 05:12:33 pm »
It proves that Bibi is not a bigot. 

Oh, please.  Again, this only proves the incestuous relationship between the establishment republicans in Congress and Benjamin Netanyahu.  BiBi wants his $50 billion--and to be sure he gets it he'll shun anyone, including Trump-- the friend who answered his clarion call and shot a campaign ad supporting him during the last election.  Loyalty and honor are not Bibi's strong suits.

All BiBi had to say (IF he had to say anything at all) is:  It is not my place to tell the Americans how to best protect and secure their citizens.  You know, like Bibi's been telling the world Israel has the right to do for 25 years.

No, this is BiBi Netanyahu protecting his political interests in the US Congress, nothing more and nothing less.   Don't try and elevate this to higher moral ground.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
Oh, please.  Again, this only proves the incestuous relationship between the establishment republicans in Congress and Benjamin Netanyahu.  BiBi wants his $50 billion--and to be sure he gets it he'll shun anyone, including Trump-- the friend who answered his clarion call and shot a campaign ad supporting him during the last election.  Loyalty and honor are not Bibi's strong suits.

All BiBi had to say (IF he had to say anything at all) is:  It is not my place to tell the Americans how to best protect and secure their citizens.  You know, like Bibi's been telling the world Israel has the right to do for 25 years.

No, this is BiBi Netanyahu protecting his political interests in the US Congress, nothing more and nothing less.   Don't try and elevate this to higher moral ground.

First of all, don't know where you got that $50 billion figure.  Israel gets $3 billion a year in military aid, most of which is spent on US munitions.

Everyone on this forum knows you despise Bibi.

So what if he's protecting his political interests?  Trump's trip to Israel was purely political. And, it is true that Bibi has to work with Muslims in his Knesset.

I'm betting Trump doesn't encounter two Muslims a month.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »
First of all, don't know where you got that $50 billion figure.  Israel gets $3 billion a year in military aid, most of which is spent on US munitions.

There are current negotiations to raise the $3B a year to $5B a year for the next 10 years.  Hence, the $50B commitment that Netanyahu craves.

Everyone on this forum knows you despise Bibi.

So...big whoop. Deal with it.  I deal with everyone on this forum knowing you despise Trump.   :shrug:

So what if he's protecting his political interests?  Trump's trip to Israel was purely political. And, it is true that Bibi has to work with Muslims in his Knesset.
I'm betting Trump doesn't encounter two Muslims a month.

For a man who spends his days and nights squinting before a computer screen, you really know very, very little about what's going on in the world.   **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 06:08:05 pm »

I didn't know CNN was a reliable source for foreign-policy news not slanted toward the global left--the anti-Trump global left. What? You don't think the UN globalist left are worried about a Trump presidency?