Author Topic: Obama: Terrorists Have Embraced ‘All Too Common’ American Style of Violence: Mass Shootings  (Read 1235 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: Terrorists Have Embraced ‘All Too Common’ American Style of Violence: Mass Shootings

(CNSNews.com) - In a nationally televised address on Sunday night, President Barack Obama said that while the San Bernardino terrorists—who murdered 14 Americans—had embraced what he described as a “perverted interpretation of Islam” they had also adopted a form of violence that is “all too common” in America: mass shootings.

As part of the solution to this type of terrorism, Obama called for more gun control in the United States.

“So far, we have no evidence that the killers were directed by a terrorist organization overseas, or that they were part of a broader conspiracy here at home,” Obama said.

“But it is clear that the two of them had gone down the dark path of radicalization, embracing a perverted interpretation of Islam that calls for war against America and the West,” he said. “They had stockpiled assault weapons, ammunition and pipe bombs. So, this was an act of terrorism designed to kill innocent people.”

After citing the terrorists’ use of guns to carry out their terrorist attacks in the United States, Obama called for Congress to enact greater restrictions on gun ownership by Americans.

In addition to prohibiting gun purchases by anyone on the Transportation Safety Administration’s No-Fly List, Obama also would like Congress to “make it harder” of r people to buy what he called “powerful assault weapons.”

“To begin with, Congress should act to make sure no one on a No-Fly list is able to buy a gun,” said Obama. “What could possibly be the argument for allowing a terror suspect to buy a semi-automatic weapon? This is a matter of national security.

“We also need to make it harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons like the ones that were used in San Bernardino,” Obama said. “I know there are some that reject any gun safety measures, but the fact is that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, no matter how effective they are, cannot identify every would be mass shooter, whether that individual is motivated by ISIL or some other hateful ideology.”

Here are some key excerpts from the president’s address:

“The FBI is still gathering the facts about what happened in San Bernardino. But here is what we know: The victims were brutally murdered and injured by one of their co-workers and his wife. So far, we have no evidence that the killers were directed by a terrorist organization overseas, or that they were part of a broader conspiracy here at home.

"But it is clear that the two of them had gone down the dark path of radicalization, embracing a perverted interpretation of Islam that calls for war against America and the West. They had stockpiled assault weapons, ammunition and pipe bombs. So, this was an act of terrorism designed to kill innocent people.   

"Our nation has been at war with terrorists since al Qaida killed nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11. In the process, we have hardened our defenses from airports, to financial centers, to other critical infrastructure.

"Intelligence and law enforcement agencies have disrupted countless plots, here and overseas, and worked around the clock to keep us safe. Our military and counter-terrorism professionals have relentlessly pursued terrorist networks overseas, disrupting safe havens in several different countries, killing Osama bin Laden and decimating al Qaida’s leadership.

"Over the last few years, however, the terrorist threat has evolved into a new phase. As we’ve become better at preventing complex, multifaceted attacks like 9/11, terrorists turn to less complicated acts of violence like the mass shootings that are all too common in our society. It is this type of attack that we saw at Fort Hood in 2009, in Chattanooga earlier this year, and now in San Bernardino. And as groups like ISIL grew stronger amidst the chaos of war in Iraq and then Syria, and as the Internet erases the distance between countries, we see growing efforts by terrorists to poison the minds of people like the Boston Marathon bombers and the San Bernardino killers….

“Now, here at home, we have to work together to address the challenge. There are several steps that Congress should take right away. To begin with, Congress should act to make sure no one on a No-Fly list is able to buy a gun. What could possibly be the argument for allowing a terror suspect to buy a semi-automatic weapon? This is a matter of national security. We also need to make it harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons like the ones that were used in San Bernardino. I know there are some that reject any gun safety measures, but the fact is that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, no matter how effective they are, cannot identify every would be mass shooter, whether that individual is motivated by ISIL or some other hateful ideology. What we can do and must do is make it harder for them to kill.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/obama-terrorists-have-embraced-all-too-common-american-style-violence

Offline aligncare

Earth to Obama!

Earth to Obama!

I know a lovely solar system three galaxies from the Milky Way, just hang a left at Andromeda. You'll like it there. Send us a postcard from time to time.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With every word, Obama only confirms what people internationally and in America already think anyway. And that is that Obama is stark raving insane.

His manic obsession with ascribing every form of evil in the world today, and in history, to America, has reached epic and unhealthy levels of pure delusion.

Obama's obvious insanity is a significant factor driving support to Trump.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:23:57 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My wish for Christmas:

That the White House would go back to using a Lincoln convertible.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
My God, this man simply cannot help himself, can he?  He has absolutely no basis for understanding anything except what he sees as the inherent flaws of western civilization, which must be destroyed or "fundamentally transformed" for its own good.  He is beyond delusional. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
My God, this man simply cannot help himself, can he? 

No. He can't. Obsessive, delusional, patients reach a point of instability in which they can no longer control their own actions.

I think Obama is there now.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

My wish for Christmas:

That the White House would go back to using a Lincoln convertible.   :whistle:

:amen:

rangerrebew

Obama has it completely bass ackwards.  It is Americans who are emulating ISIS and radical islam.  Has anyone ever heard the black panthers of BLM say anything negative about islam?  I rest my case because those two organizations are gasoline waiting for a fire.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mass wrote above:
"My God, this man simply cannot help himself, can he?  He has absolutely no basis for understanding anything except what he sees as the inherent flaws of western civilization, which must be destroyed or "fundamentally transformed" for its own good.  He is beyond delusional."

Obama -- America's answer to Robert Mugabe.

Oceander

He just won't give it up, will he?  He is twisting like a fish on a hook trying to find some way, any way, to make this about gun control, not islamic terrorism.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
God I am counting the days....Jan 20th 2017 can't come soon enough
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline famousdayandyear

God help me.  I hate this man with every breath I take.  He has brought this mess to us.  Him alone.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
God help me.  I hate this man with every breath I take.  He has brought this mess to us.  Him alone.

I had a discussion with a member of the clergy this very day about the repercussions for my own salvation because of my hate for him but he did not bring this on by himself! FAR from that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline famousdayandyear

I had a discussion with a member of the clergy this very day about the repercussions for my own salvation because of my hate for him but he did not bring this on by himself! FAR from that!

10-4, Bigun.  But he sure as hell paved the way.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
10-4, Bigun.  But he sure as hell paved the way.

The genesis of the current Islam problem is Jimmuh CAAATA's allowing the Mullahs to take over in Iran and the problem will not begin to be resolved until that is corrected!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He just won't give it up, will he?  He is twisting like a fish on a hook trying to find some way, any way, to make this about gun control, not islamic terrorism.

Loving the analogy. Twisting like a fish caught on the hook (Muslims are peaceful, Christians are evil) that he set for others to bite, not himself.

Obama doesn't just say all the crazy nonsense he says, more than that, he actually believes it. He is sure every day of his life that his mythical White Christian Nazis are going to blow up a mall, or massacre people in Time Square. You know, like they have done thousands of times before. This is why he cannot concentrate on Muslims. In his crazy fevered world, against all evidence and reality at hand, they are not the problem.

The point is that Obama does not live in our reality. In his world, in his mind, Muslim terrorists are simply fighting back against the great White oppressor. That is how Obama sees the world. That is how far away he is from all of us. He lives in his own little bubble reality, where Muslims are innocent little persecuted saints, and all White people and Christians are muderers out to kill them.

But, I fear it is not over. Obama desperately wants a mass shooting by White people, preferably Christians, and hopefully they kill Blacks or Jews, or homosexuals, or mexicans, or any PC class protected stereotype. He needs that inside track.

I would not be surprised at all if something like this happens soon. I put nothing past Obama. And he wants this too badly to just let it slip by. Something is going to happen. Obama, as the self-appointed "Defender of Islam", will have to do something to deflect attention away from his fellow Muslims and back on to White Christians where it belongs.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Loving the analogy. Twisting like a fish caught on the hook (Muslims are peaceful, Christians are evil) that he set for others to bite, not himself.

Obama doesn't just say all the crazy nonsense he says, more than that, he actually believes it. He is sure every day of his life that his mythical White Christian Nazis are going to blow up a mall, or massacre people in Time Square. You know, like they have done thousands of times before. This is why he cannot concentrate on Muslims. In his crazy fevered world, against all evidence and reality at hand, they are not the problem.

The point is that Obama does not live in our reality. In his world, in his mind, Muslim terrorists are simply fighting back against the great White oppressor. That is how Obama sees the world. That is how far away he is from all of us. He lives in his own little bubble reality, where Muslims are innocent little persecuted saints, and all White people and Christians are muderers out to kill them.

But, I fear it is not over. Obama desperately wants a mass shooting by White people, preferably Christians, and hopefully they kill Blacks or Jews, or homosexuals, or mexicans, or any PC class protected stereotype. He needs that inside track.

I would not be surprised at all if something like this happens soon. I put nothing past Obama. And he wants this too badly to just let it slip by. Something is going to happen. Obama, as the self-appointed "Defender of Islam", will have to do something to deflect attention away from his fellow Muslims and back on to White Christians where it belongs.

"If the political winds shift in an ugly direction, I will side with them". ....Barack Obama, referring to Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-dreams-of-my-father/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:14:03 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

When the Obamas leave the White House, simply hiring an industrial cleaning service will not be enough to get rid of the stench of failure and the stain of incompetence he left behind. Raze the building--we'll put in a new White House. Isn't that what's typically done at the scene of a massacre. After all, Obama did murder the Constitution from there.

Offline Relic

Are you really that excited to see Hillary coronated?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

I agree with you and I fear you are correct.  Something terrible is going to happen here, like you described it.  There is something about a lot of these shootings that seems to coincide - like you say, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Trump's Secret Service protection is very good, but Donald Trump's additional personal security team is even better.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:04:06 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

It's frightening to me that these kinds of thoughts have become rational because of what we have seen in the past 7 years.

He truly hates us, doesn't he?  If we are white and Christian, he despises us, and he wouldn't lift a finger to protect us.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.