Author Topic: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US  (Read 25097 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2015, 04:44:04 am »
When I think about all the sacred lives, bodies crucified, crushed--Coptic Christians especially in Syria and Iraq--and the beautiful sites (monestaries, shrines, cathedrals) from the time of Christ BULLDOZED by islamic cretins, and then to hear Americans invite them here with open arms, makes me want to scream.

You will not find anyone on this board Trump supporter or not, want invite anyone here with "open arms" as you say.    Imposing necessary travel restrictions and a tight screening process is the right approach. And tighter still, if the travel is from a high risk area.   Now the refugees are another matter, but that is not what is causing all this controversy.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2015, 04:57:25 am »
The problem is that the majority of Americans have no idea, no conception, no historical knowledge of what islam truly professes.  Living in a free society under a set of Judeo Christian moral values, Americans cannot imagine a system that operates under a completely orthogonal set of objectives.

The objective of islam is not the salvation of Christian doctrine, but total domination by any means necessary.   

Offline Carling

« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2015, 06:12:26 am »
I have every clue as to what is happening in this election, bub.  Get off your high horse.

You condescend to everyone who disagrees with you, as if we're all stupid and ignorant and you're not.

Red:  Obama's exact strawman about the Crusades and comparing long-ago Christians to current day Muslims.

Blue:  This from the guy who called anybody not bashing Trump "clowns."

At some point, Myst needs to get control of this nonsense and just get rid of sinkspur, although I'm sure the capitalist in her is glad to get the hits.  Which I can't argue against at all.  Make that money, Myst!!   :beer:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:14:02 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2015, 06:15:50 am »
Fine.  Let's ban everybody.

WARNING:

Liberal-style strawman argument is quoted above. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2015, 06:55:07 am »
Make that money, Myst!!   :beer:

Your anger undercuts your argument, Sir.  Lashing out at Myst is self defeating on several levels...not the least of which is that many of us have lived under the tyranny of TOS.  But also the fact that Myst is universally respected by all the contributors.  I suspect you'll regret that in the morning, because several poster will likely post to defend Myst...many of them allies in your vendetta against Sinkspur.

If you really don't like how this forum is run perhaps you should start your own.

Until then take comfort in that Trump is leading in the polls, the GOPe is on the run, and soon America will be made great again.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2015, 11:56:17 am »
Your anger undercuts your argument, Sir.  Lashing out at Myst is self defeating on several levels...not the least of which is that many of us have lived under the tyranny of TOS.  But also the fact that Myst is universally respected by all the contributors.  I suspect you'll regret that in the morning, because several poster will likely post to defend Myst...many of them allies in your vendetta against Sinkspur.

If you really don't like how this forum is run perhaps you should start your own.

Until then take comfort in that Trump is leading in the polls, the GOPe is on the run, and soon America will be made great again.

Amen, Once-Ler! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2015, 12:22:59 pm »
This is not a profit-generating site, Carling. Perhaps you have it confused with other discussion boards.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:59 pm »
When I think about all the sacred lives, bodies crucified, crushed--Coptic Christians especially in Syria and Iraq--and the beautiful sites (monestaries, shrines, cathedrals) from the time of Christ BULLDOZED by islamic cretins, and then to hear Americans invite them here with open arms, makes me want to scream.

I scream out loud in a quiet room several times a day. It helps a little.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:25 pm »
Trump...

Well, the thread slowed. Just thought I'd goose it a little. Because, as we all know, when Trump takes a position on an issue, it's never about the issue being addressed. No, it's only about Trump. Did y'all follow that? Nothing Trump says is ever about the substance, it's always about the speaker. Somehow.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »
Trump...

Well, the thread slowed. Just thought I'd goose it a little. Because, as we all know, when Trump takes a position on an issue, it's never about the issue being addressed. No, it's only about Trump. Did y'all follow that? Nothing Trump says is ever about the substance, it's always about the speaker. Somehow.

Rabble-rouser...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2015, 01:26:49 pm »
To you this is about Trump...to me it is not.  The protection of those exceptions in Muslim community is not, to me, worth the deaths of, tens, hundreds or who knows, even thousands of Americans. If that exceptional Muslim must pay the price to protect Americans, I am fine with that. Your last sentence stated that you think the danger is not great enough to take such steps - that is a legitimate position. Others will think otherwise.

No, you are completely wrong.  To me this is NOT about Trump.  It's about rational thought, values, AND the protection of Americans.

And it is so vile for you to imply that because I oppose the banning of all Muslims that I don't care about the deaths of hundreds or thousands of lives of Americans, that I can barely respond to it............

It will be best for me to let you stew in your own ugly assumptions.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2015, 01:29:49 pm »

No one here is doing that.

I note that the response of some who agree with the banning of all Muslims (regardless of whether or not it is legal or possible) is to attack those who disagree with the vile, VILE insinuation that we don't care about the deaths of those whom Islamofascists brutalize.

It is the lowest form of 'debate' to make such an ugly correlation, and I find it despicable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:47:02 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:29 pm »
The news of the past few days should have been on terrorism, and Obama's abject failure.

Now, instead of talking about the pathetic lack of leadership and fecklessness of Barack Obama, everyone is talking about Donald J. Trump.

I repeat............. his narcissism is dangerous.

ML, I take no issue with your obvious dislike of Trump but how can Trump be responsible for what others talk about?
Are you advocating a "thought police" that we should dictate the topic of conversation?
Is it possible that the reason everyone is talking about what he is saying/proposing is that his competitors are not saying/proposing anything worth discussing?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »
ML, I take no issue with your obvious dislike of Trump but how can Trump be responsible for what others talk about?
Are you advocating a "thought police" that we should dictate the topic of conversation?
Is it possible that the reason everyone is talking about what he is saying/proposing is that his competitors are not saying/proposing anything worth discussing?

Ed, Trump is so hated by a few members here that I am wary not to make even an oblique reference to Trump unless his name is in the title of the thread. Never mind that it's primary season and that Trump is the leading candidate and likely nominee.

But, because a few safe-space bullies here get the vapors when they see his name, I often self censor. I'm not happy about that – but I'll play along...for now. I don't want to melt any snowflakes.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »

Unless you think Trump is stupid, you understand that he knows when he says outrageous things, that's what will be covered in the news.

He brags about it.  He loves it.

As for his competitors, let's just take Cruz.  Do you really think he's not saying anything worth discussing?

C'mon!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »
Ed, Trump is so hated by a few members here that I am wary not to make even an oblique reference to Trump unless his name is in the title of the thread. Never mind that it's primary season and that Trump is the leading candidate and likely nominee.

But, because a few safe-space bullies here get the vapors when they see his name, I often self censor. I'm not happy about that – but I'll play along...for now. I don't want to melt any snowflakes.

Are you freaking kidding me??  You're saying that I'm asking for "safe space" like a college cupcake??

Give me a break!  I LOVE political discussion.  I LOVE the debate.  I even like to argue some times.

Your accusation is beneath you, aligncare.  WAY beneath you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »

And, one the other hand, he is blindly defended by some regardless of what he says.  So, for some one in the middle without strong feelings one way or the other, it's a veritable minefield!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »

I heard Ted Cruz an interview with Mark Levin last night. Mark quoted Donald Trump's comments about restricting Muslim entry to the U.S. and asked Ted Cruz to comment. Cruz never once disagreed with or criticized Trump, though Levin gave him ample opportunity to do so.

Ted Cruz laid out his own vision (which just happened to coincide with Donald Trump's) and did so brilliantly, I might add. In my opinion there's only two candidates worthy of the president's office: Ted Cruz and Donald Trump.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2015, 02:30:48 pm »
Are you freaking kidding me??  You're saying that I'm asking for "safe space" like a college cupcake??

Give me a break!  I LOVE political discussion.  I LOVE the debate.  I even like to argue some times.

Your accusation is beneath you, aligncare.  WAY beneath you.

Except for the other day when you told me to take my oblique reference (to Trump) to different thread.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2015, 02:33:38 pm »
Except for the other day when you told me to take my oblique reference (to Trump) to different thread.

Seems to me that you're the one who's feelings are easily hurt. 

MOST of us don't want to discuss Trump on every thread.  EVERY topic does not relate to Trump.

I just happened to say it out loud when you brought him up on a thread where it had no relevance.  (And IIRC, that's the first time I've ever done that).

Your point is invalid, and your conclusion about me just plain silly....

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2015, 02:37:15 pm »
Unless you think Trump is stupid, you understand that he knows when he says outrageous things, that's what will be covered in the news.

He brags about it.  He loves it.

As for his competitors, let's just take Cruz.  Do you really think he's not saying anything worth discussing?

C'mon!

Of course he does, that is what his job is at this stage of the game, other than Cruz and Rubio, the other candidates don't get it.... This is a marketing war and Trump is winning because the other guys, to me, have no real position until the polls tell them what position to take.
I like Cruz but he has been sorta quiet until the last week or two...

We often use the work "like" to describe our identification to a candidate(s), truth be known, I don't like any of these guys.  I would not have a beer with them or seek them out as they are all so full of themselves that I just don't really "like" them, Trump is just better at it than the others.  There are a couple that I want to vote for, but don't necessarily like them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:38:05 pm by EdinVA »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2015, 02:45:06 pm »
Of course he does, that is what his job is at this stage of the game, other than Cruz and Rubio, the other candidates don't get it.... This is a marketing war and Trump is winning because the other guys, to me, have no real position until the polls tell them what position to take.

We often use the work "like" to describe our identification to a candidate(s), truth be known, I don't like any of these guys.  I would not have a beer with them or seek them out as they are all so full of themselves that I just don't really "like" them, Trump is just better at it than the others.  There are a couple that I want to vote for, but don't necessarily like them.

Actually Cruz has been saying a lot.  He just doesn't get the coverage that Trump does.  Like by 33x more for Trump than Cruz.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2015, 02:48:44 pm »

When Trump's 'marketing war' distracts from Obama's failures to protect the American people and turns the discussion to himself, then it is problematic.

And I disagree that Cruz and Rubio (or Carson or Fiorina) are not saying things worth hearing.  They are.

It's just that Trump's outrageous comments (designed to draw attention to himself) suck all the air out of the room.

As I said very early on this thread, he's like any bad child in school.  He craves attention, and he doesn't care whether it's bad or good.  As long as it's about him, he gets what he needs.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2015, 02:50:00 pm »
Actually Cruz has been saying a lot.  He just doesn't get the coverage that Trump does.  Like by 33x more for Trump than Cruz.

Yes, he has.  And what he's been saying has been strong. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2015, 03:08:24 pm »
When Trump's 'marketing war' distracts from Obama's failures to protect the American people and turns the discussion to himself, then it is problematic.

And I disagree that Cruz and Rubio (or Carson or Fiorina) are not saying things worth hearing.  They are.

It's just that Trump's outrageous comments (designed to draw attention to himself) suck all the air out of the room.

As I said very early on this thread, he's like any bad child in school.  He craves attention, and he doesn't care whether it's bad or good.  As long as it's about him, he gets what he needs.

But ML, obama is not running..... The time to attack the status quo (liberal agenda) is when there is a nominee... Right now it is every man/woman for himself...
The reason Cruz and Rubio are slamming obama is because they are still active in the senate....