Author Topic: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US  (Read 25247 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2015, 03:20:05 am »
Important point which needs to be repeated here.....

Trump has taken the discussion away from TERRORISM and made it all about TRUMP.

That is dangerous, IMO.  His narcissism is destructive.

What I also find disturbing about Trump is his lack of respect to the Constitution..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2015, 03:27:36 am »

What I also find disturbing about Trump is his lack of respect to the Constitution..

In what way, Kevin?

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2015, 03:29:55 am »
A comment and a question:  Why?  Why shouldn't we ban whomever we want?  No one has a right to come here, and certainly not someone who practices an ideology of world domination and anti-American ideas.

And, as to your first point, we can't fix stupid.

Well-stated.  From someone who has obviously done the hard work of studying islamic goals and methods.

Offline evadR

« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2015, 03:30:02 am »
After what Obama and his henchmen have done to the Constitution, I'd be amazed if there's anything left to be concerned about.

I'll go Trump one better.
Let's not only put a moratorium on all Arabs entering this country, let round up all the non citizen Arabs in this country and ship their asses out.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:20 am »
How anal can you get?

It's simply a matter of compiling a list of countries that are verbotem.   You don't even have to see or read the word "Muslim".

And there's precedent for it. 

Drink deep from that kool-aid, boy.  Passports can be faked.  ISIS/Daesh certainly has enough money to buy good fakes of European passports, or Asian, or African, or Central/South American, or ....

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2015, 03:40:23 am »
Appears that the islamic forces have read Sun Tzu:

“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected .”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2015, 03:53:37 am »

This is the current language of the law of the United States (credit to GAJohnnie who posted this citation earlier in the thread):

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

I refer you to the language "any class of aliens" and "immigrants or non immigrants".

Whether you agree with Trump's "plan" or not is one thing, but Constitutionality is not the issue.  This is current federal law.

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2015, 03:56:17 am »
Musiclady, if you have read the quran and hadiths, you simply can't say that.  The tenets of the islamic book of instruction present an ideology that demands world domination (caliphate), and is antithetical to the pretty much everything that our Republic was founded on and represents.

That does not preclude the reality that many Muslims do not support that ideology.

We have friends who are in ministry with Muslims in Europe.  They work with them on a daily basis and know them far better than you or I do.

And they know that the reality is that all Muslims are not radical, and do not believe what others do.

You cannot ban all Muslims for what some believe.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2015, 03:57:05 am »

LOL!  You're not fooling anybody.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2015, 03:58:32 am »
This is a point I tried to make elsewhere. He is sitting somewhere knowing everyone is talking about...

Him.

The news of the past few days should have been on terrorism, and Obama's abject failure.

Now, instead of talking about the pathetic lack of leadership and fecklessness of Barack Obama, everyone is talking about Donald J. Trump.

I repeat............. his narcissism is dangerous.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2015, 03:59:52 am »
Well-stated.  From someone who has obviously done the hard work of studying islamic goals and methods.

Knowing Islamic goals and methods does not prove that every Muslim ascribes to those goals.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2015, 04:02:08 am »
Knowing Islamic goals and methods does not prove that every Muslim ascribes to those goals.

But the fact that these tenants are there in their "religious" texts does!

Islam is a political movement masquerading as a religion and always has been!
!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:02:28 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2015, 04:06:11 am »
That does not preclude the reality that many Muslims do not support that ideology.

We have friends who are in ministry with Muslims in Europe.  They work with them on a daily basis and know them far better than you or I do.

And they know that the reality is that all Muslims are not radical, and do not believe what others do.

I, too, work daily with Muslims.  I am quite fond of a number of them. 

One either is or is not a Muslim.  Being a Muslim requires one to have certain beliefs.  Not to do so would be like saying "I'm a Christian, but I don't believe in Christ", or "I'm a communist but I believe in private ownership of property and individual sovereignty".

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2015, 04:06:42 am »

With all respect, a muslim professes islam by definition.  Just as I profess Christ as a Christian.  It's sort of built in that I follow Christian doctrine and dogma.  Same for islam.

Problem is, I can leave Christianity and profess islam (by my free will).
On the other hand, as a muslim, if I leave islam and profess Christianity, I will be hunted down and very likely killed.

As an American, I choose freedom and free will.  I cannot image being raised in an islamic culture/family/country where I have no choice.  And, to tell the truth, I do not want that culture in my country. 

If a muslim wishes to leave islam and assimilate in my country--I am all for that.  However, 99.9% of the time, that is not the case.  Hence the mosques being built everywhere you look.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2015, 04:07:04 am »
But the fact that these tenants are there in their "religious" texts does!

Islam is a political movement masquerading as a religion and always has been!
!

I realize that, but every Muslim still does not ascribe to those political goals.  Some really do think it's their religion, and don't know their texts well enough to think otherwise.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2015, 04:07:42 am »

"All" is a bar so high it is not reasonable to put your fellow citizens lives in danger in order to uphold it.  All Nazis were not anti-American either.  And if the death toll continues to rise with subsequent attacks, would you still think that the risk to American lives was justified?  All Muslims are not active terrorists, but all these terrorists are indeed Muslims. What amount of death then justifies such action? There is no such line?  What if they use dirty bombs or chemical weapons?  Do we still protect the adherents of the religion that is taking this action and is trying to destroy the country?

My point here is that you may not believe the threat is great enough, that the damage cannot be that great. But surely there is a conceivable point at which extreme action becomes warranted.  Otherwise our sensibilities become a suicide pact.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:10 am »
I realize that, but every Muslim still does not ascribe to those political goals.  Some really do think it's their religion, and don't know their texts well enough to think otherwise.

That's the point!  The political goals are an integral part of the "religion"!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:46 am »
With all respect, a muslim professes islam by definition.  Just as I profess Christ as a Christian.  It's sort of built in that I follow Christian doctrine and dogma.  Same for islam.

Problem is, I can leave Christianity and profess islam (by my free will).
On the other hand, as a muslim, if I leave islam and profess Christianity, I will be hunted down and very likely killed.

As an American, I choose freedom and free will.  I cannot image being raised in an islamic culture/family/country where I have no choice.  And, to tell the truth, I do not want that culture in my country. 

If a muslim wishes to leave islam and assimilate in my country--I am all for that.  However, 99.9% of the time, that is not the case.  Hence the mosques being built everywhere you look.

You neglect to mention that many, many people who believe themselves to be Christian don't have a clue as to what most of Scripture says.   Just being a part of a religion doesn't mean you understand its tenets as others do.

Other than that, I agree with you, and I'm certainly not defending Islam.  I'm just defending the reality that there are Muslims who aren't jihadists and looking for the caliphate and Armageddon.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:43 am »

That's the point!  The political goals are an integral part of the "religion"!

And that doesn't negate my point that many Muslims either don't know, or don't agree with what their political religion means.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2015, 04:12:45 am »
"All" is a bar so high it is not reasonable to put your fellow citizens lives in danger in order to uphold it.  All Nazis were not anti-American either.  And if the death toll continues to rise with subsequent attacks, would you still think that the risk to American lives was justified?  All Muslims are not active terrorists, but all these terrorists are indeed Muslims. What amount of death then justifies such action? There is no such line?  What if they use dirty bombs or chemical weapons?  Do we still protect the adherents of the religion that is taking this action and is trying to destroy the country?

My point here is that you may not believe the threat is great enough, that the damage cannot be that great. But surely there is a conceivable point at which extreme action becomes warranted.  Otherwise our sensibilities become a suicide pact.

Please don't equate my defense of the truth with any kind of complacency about the danger Islam poses.

But throughout this past few days, I have listened to many terrorism experts and experts on Islam who do not agree with Donald Trump's reckless pronouncement.  THEY understand better than you or I the danger, and disagree with Trump vehemently.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2015, 04:14:50 am »
And that doesn't negate my point that many Muslims either don't know, or don't agree with what their political religion means.

Does it really matter that some adherents of the "religion" don't really understand what they are a part of?  Give that some serious thought before you answer.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2015, 04:17:31 am »
Does it really matter that some adherents of the "religion" don't really understand what they are a part of?  Give that some serious thought before you answer.

I've given this serious thought for a very, very long time, friend.  Nothing I'm saying is without thought, reflection, or depth of knowledge and reading and listening on the subject.

Now, it's bedtime in the Eastern Time Zone, so I'm signing off until morning.

GOOD discussion  (at least IMHO!)

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2015, 04:18:03 am »
I respectfully disagree.  There are sects of Islam and individuals which want no such thing.

To say that every single one of the billion or more Muslims wants the US destroyed is just not factual.

I work with a few Muslims, three Iranian women, and a young gentleman born in Afghanistan,  all four educated here in the US. There is no observance of strict codes of Sharia law in any of them. The women dress like any young American woman, and never a head covering. And I don't think any of them could tell you what the caliphate was.  The gentleman from Afghanistan other than saying he was observing daylight Fasting during their month of fasting, you would not know if he was Christian or Muslim. One may think that about the three women as well, being Iran has quite a large population of Christians. At least one of the women has family in Iran, who flew here for her wedding, and like her they were very moderate and good people. Fun people who loved to laugh and celebrate the event in high fashion.  Trump would ban them from coming here to visit their American families.

We can tighten the travel restrictions for foreign nationals from high risk areas , I have no problem with that at all - but to throw out his statement of banning Muslims from entering the country is ludicrous and bad for America. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2015, 04:18:27 am »
Please don't equate my defense of the truth with any kind of complacency about the danger Islam poses.

But throughout this past few days, I have listened to many terrorism experts and experts on Islam who do not agree with Donald Trump's reckless pronouncement.  THEY understand better than you or I the danger, and disagree with Trump vehemently.

To you this is about Trump...to me it is not.  The protection of those exceptions in Muslim community is not, to me, worth the deaths of, tens, hundreds or who knows, even thousands of Americans. If that exceptional Muslim must pay the price to protect Americans, I am fine with that. Your last sentence stated that you think the danger is not great enough to take such steps - that is a legitimate position. Others will think otherwise.

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2015, 04:24:41 am »
When I think about all the sacred lives, bodies crucified, crushed--Coptic Christians especially in Syria and Iraq--and the beautiful sites (monestaries, shrines, cathedrals) from the time of Christ BULLDOZED by islamic cretins, and then to hear Americans invite them here with open arms, makes me want to scream.