Author Topic: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US  (Read 25184 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2015, 08:03:27 pm »
From what I understand, the vetting process takes 18-24 months.  So, they wouldn't be coming in anyway.

"Vetting process"?   How are they being vetted?  What records are they using to confirm that these are people whom we would want to be here?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:06 pm »
Disclosure - I haven't read the whole thread, so someone else may have already addressed this.

Islam is not what we think of as religion, nor what the FF's would have thought of religion.  Islamicists are instructed by the quran and hadiths to subjugate everyone who is not muslim.  Subjugate as in to kill, tax or convert.  And, taxing is only a stopgap until one of the other two are accomplished and everyone lives under the caliphate.  Islam is a religion, legal system and distinct culture.  It is not equivalent to Presbyterianism or Orthodox Jewry or whatever.

Pardon me, but do you think it's wise to bring up inconvenient truth? Your comments could be construed as bigoted, you know. Are you prepared for the public backlash? The name-calling, the accusations of racism, religious bigotry, the not flossing twice a day, as your dentist commanded! Bad girl, bad, bad girl.

Offline Carling

« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »
Settle down, kids.

How about we have sinkspur stop calling posters "clowns" when his liberal talking points are picked apart?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »
"Vetting process"?   How are they being vetted?  What records are they using to confirm that these are people whom we would want to be here?

I already asked that question.  As if Assad, who Obama wants dead, is going to cooperate by sharing information.  Heck, if I'm Assad, I falsify documents for terrorists and send them here with a "clean" record.

I've received no answer in return.  I'm shocked.   :silly:

Offline Carling

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2015, 08:11:02 pm »
OK. So, if the shoe fits, wear it.

You claimed you didn't call posters "clowns."  I proved you did just a few hours ago.

You lied.  That's basic logic.  Either that or you can't remember what you posted two hours ago, which puts any post here of yours into question.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »
How about we have sinkspur stop calling posters "clowns" when his liberal talking points are picked apart?

Clown is a better term than your favorite, which is moron.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »
You claimed you didn't call posters "clowns."  I proved you did just a few hours ago.

You lied.  That's basic logic.  Either that or you can't remember what you posted two hours ago, which puts any post here of yours into question.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »
Donald J. Trump
23 mins ·
A new poll indicates that 68% of my supporters would vote for me if I departed the GOP & ran as an independent[/b]

This is Trumpster-Divers golden boy, always flirting with a third party run so that his pal Hillary can win the White House.

Offline flowers

« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2015, 08:26:22 pm »
They are lying to us....they are not waiting 18 months.

Offline flowers

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »

Did sink ever answer your tax question?

Offline Carling

« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2015, 08:29:15 pm »
Did sink ever answer your tax question?

Nope, but he's apparently "sunk" to posting gigantic clown photos to bolster his flailing arguments.   :silly:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:29:43 pm by Carling »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2015, 08:37:22 pm »
I don't believe Trump really believes what he says, which is why I won't call him a bigot or a saviour. It's good for free publicity, though, so he has that going for him.

And with that I really, really hope not to comment on another Trump thread.

Yep.  That's what it's all about.

btw, if it hasn't been said, the President and Congress can halt ALL immigration, but can't restrict the order to just one group (i.e. Muslims)

So Trump can't do this, even if elected.

He would have been better off if he had said, let's stop immigration altogether (legal), but he didn't....

Probably because he knows if he had said something consistent with the Constitution, he wouldn't have gotten the attention he craves.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

They lie about everything.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2015, 08:46:42 pm »

btw, if it hasn't been said, the President and Congress can halt ALL immigration, but can't restrict the order to just one group (i.e. Muslims)

He would have been better off if he had said, let's stop immigration altogether (legal), but he didn't....

Probably because he knows if he had said something consistent with the Constitution, he wouldn't have gotten the attention he craves.

Actually a President has broad latitude under existing law. He absolutely CAN do it according to our current laws. There is nothing remotely "illegal or unconstitutional" about. If people want to debate the wisdom of this law, that is one thing but that NOT want any of the Trump critics are doing. They are painting themselves into a rhetorical corner that is contrary to the legal facts.

Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2015, 08:47:03 pm »
Seven years of a bitterly divisive, self-involved President seems to have made some people long for one of their own. I have no idea why. 

As I wrote (now far) below, I favor a temporary halt to virtually all immigration - not just for Muslims - pending a thorough review of standards, processes and procedures, most certainly including the vetting process for potential terrorists.

If Donald Trump wished to avoid controversy and take a position that had broad public support, it might be this one. But as we've learned (sigh), he seems to live for controversy and headlines, as though he were a Kardashian.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »
Seven years of a bitterly divisive, self-involved President seems to have made some people long for one of their own. I have no idea why. 

As I wrote (now far) below, I favor a temporary halt to virtually all immigration - not just for Muslims - pending a thorough review of standards, processes and procedures, most certainly including the vetting process for potential terrorists.

If Donald Trump wished to avoid controversy and take a position that had broad public support, it might be this one. But as we've learned (sigh), he seems to live for controversy and headlines, as though he were a Kardashian.

Indeed.  But he doesn't want broad support.  He just wants to feed red meat to his loyal supporters.

btw, I completely agree with the temporary halt to all immigration.   If Trump had been rational and not emotive, he would have had the support of many, many more people.  (Many of those same people would, unfortunately, support him if he said, throw Muslims into internment camps like FDR did the Japanese).

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2015, 09:04:48 pm »

Actually, that is not true. Presidents currently have that authority granted to them in law by Congress.  The president can suspend all immigration or immigration for any class of aliens or impose whatever restriction he deems appropriate.  If Obama wanted to, he could suspend the immigration of all white Europeans (just an example, he probably wouldn't as most are probably left-leaning anyway).
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »

Yes that is a major worry for me about him too. He acts like he is in a reality show.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2015, 09:23:17 pm »

No, I disagree. It is as though he were a man used to succeeding, who is intent on winning the nomination.

I see Trump's success drive as a good thing. Of course, I also trust that he cares more about America and doing a good job than just feeding his own ego. I know you disagree with that assessment of Trump. But you see, I know he's a patriotic American and not a right wing ideologue or left-wing ideologue like Obama. Call me naïve.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2015, 09:45:07 pm »

And, there IS NO WAY to vet them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2015, 09:46:32 pm »

You certainly can stop immigration from countries of concern.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2015, 09:50:39 pm »
No, I disagree. It is as though he were a man used to succeeding, who is intent on winning the nomination.

I see Trump's success drive as a good thing. Of course, I also trust that he cares more about America and doing a good job than just feeding his own ego. I know you disagree with that assessment of Trump. But you see, I know he's a patriotic American and not a right wing ideologue or left-wing ideologue like Obama. Call me naïve.

No matter what, it was going to take a shock to rouse the GOP out of its muddling, losing ways - to bring the GOP to place where they could survive the onslaught of the Democrats, the left, the media, Hollywood - all of the enemies that were remaking America in their image.  The Republican Party was already turning into the Whigs - moribund, leaderless, with no spirit, no fight, nothing to make them stand out, no way of creating enough noise to be heard.  Whether Trump is nominated or not, this has been a different Republican Party this election.  They drive agendas - they are not always responding on defense...always on defense...as they have been even when they had the Presidency under Bush.  It's a shock to the Republican Party - as sleepy a bunch as we've in America since the Whigs of the 1850's.  Imagine an open presidential election where ALL the interest, all the talk, all the noise is on the Republican side.  Not even imaginable a year ago when the country was going to sleep-walk to Hillary.  Unlike what you hear here from those fighting against a candidate - Hillary is no shoe-in, no cake-walk, and not at all in a good place given events.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:53:16 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:34 pm »
No matter what, it was going to take a shock to rouse the GOP out of its muddling, losing ways - to bring the GOP to place where they could survive the onslaught of the Democrats, the left, the media, Hollywood - all of the enemies that were remaking America in their image.  The Republican Party was already turning into the Whigs - moribund, leaderless, with no spirit, no fight, nothing to make them stand out, no way of creating enough noise to be heard.  Whether Trump is nominated or not, this has been a different Republican Party this election.  They drive agendas - they are not always responding on defense...always on defense...as they have been even when they had the Presidency under Bush.  It's a shock to the Republican Party - as sleepy a bunch as we've in America since the Whigs of the 1850's.

LOL!! The leader in the polls is driving an agenda of bigotry, of divisiveness, of appealing to the basest instincts of his supporters.  And it's not true that Trump is not on the defensive.  Most of his campaign has been about cleaning up the messes he's made with his mouth.

Offline flowers

« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »
And, there IS NO WAY to vet them.
They don't want to vet them. They are stopping the ones who are Christians though. Once you realize the White House is on their side everything makes sense. He needs them to attack us to take our guns.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2015, 09:56:57 pm »
LOL!! The leader in the polls is driving an agenda of bigotry, of divisiveness, of appealing to the basest instincts of his supporters.  And it's not true that Trump is not on the defensive.  Most of his campaign has been about cleaning up the messes he's made with his mouth.

That, my friend, is complete BS - if he was on defense, he wouldn't be firing new each and every day.  You really have no clue at all what is happening in this election.  You are fighting wars of the past in a country isn't even the same country that you think you are living in now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:57:52 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan