Author Topic: Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence'  (Read 908 times)

rangerrebew

Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence'
TRUNEWS VIDEO: AG Loretta Lynch to Prosecute 'Anti-Muslim Speech'
By:
James Barrett
December 4, 2015

The day after a horrific shooting spree by a "radicalized" Muslim man and his partner in San Bernardino, California, Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged to a group of Muslim activists that she would take aggressive action against anyone who used "anti-Muslim rhetoric" that "edges toward violence."

Speaking to the audience at the Muslim Advocate's 10th anniversary dinner Thursday, Lynch said her "greatest fear" is the "incredibly disturbing rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric" in America and vowed to prosecute any guilty of what she deemed violence-inspiring speech. She said:

The fear that you have just mentioned is in fact my greatest fear as a prosecutor, as someone who is sworn to the protection of all of the American people, which is that the rhetoric will be accompanied by acts of violence. My message to not just the Muslim community but to the entire American community is: we cannot give in to the fear that these backlashes are really based on.

Assuring the pro-Muslim group that "we stand with you," Lynch said she would use her Justice Department to protect Muslims from "violence" and discrimination.

"When we talk about the First Amendment we [must] make it clear that actions predicated on violent talk are not American."

Attorney General Loretta Lynch

Claiming that violence against Muslims is on the rise and citing France's clamp down on potentially radicalized mosques, Lynch suggested the Constitution does not protect "actions predicated on violent talk" and pledged to prosecute those responsible for such actions.

“When we talk about the First Amendment we [must] make it clear that actions predicated on violent talk are not American," said Lynch. "They are not who we are, they are not what we do, and they will be prosecuted."

"My message not just to the Muslim community but to all Americans is ‘We cannot give in to the fear that these backlashes are really based on,'" said Lynch.

It is painfully clear that, like her predecessor Eric Holder, Lynch is far more concerned with promoting the social justice agenda than protecting the Constitutional rights of American citizens. What exactly is speech that "edges toward violence"? What exactly are "actions predicated on violent talk"? In the end, it is whatever she decides it to mean.

Partial transcript via BuzzFeed.

UPDATE: Loretta Lynch, at a press conference yesterday, termed the San Bernardino shootings a "wonderful opportunity" to change the nature of police work:

We’re at the point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/1593/loretta-lynch-vows-prosecute-those-who-use-anti-james-barrett
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:27:39 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Finally.  FINALLY, an attorney general who believes in the First Amendment right to free speech.  :3:

Offline aligncare

Astounding. Americans have much to fear from two dangerous groups: radical Islam and radical administration.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The irony is the Jewish man who was killed had a lot of anti-Islam postings on his Facebook account. Lynch is showing more condemnation for people like that victim than she is the shooter.

Offline Paladin

Our AG's "greatest fear":

"Speaking to the audience at the Muslim Advocate's 10th anniversary dinner Thursday, Lynch said her "greatest fear" is the "incredibly disturbing rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric" in America and vowed to prosecute any guilty of what she deemed violence-inspiring speech."

The day after some Muzzies shoot up a Christmas party, kill 14, wound 17, and the possibility of a "rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric" is her "greatest fear"?

We live in times of madness.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

Our AG's "greatest fear":

"Speaking to the audience at the Muslim Advocate's 10th anniversary dinner Thursday, Lynch said her "greatest fear" is the "incredibly disturbing rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric" in America and vowed to prosecute any guilty of what she deemed violence-inspiring speech."

The day after some Muzzies shoot up a Christmas party, kill 14, wound 17, and the possibility of a "rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric" is her "greatest fear"?

We live in times of madness.

Lynch should have told this group her greatest fear is Islamic terrorism. Why pull punches? The highest levels of government should be challenging moderate Muslims to get involved, and do something about violent Islamic supremacism.

rangerrebew

AG Lynch: ‘We’ve Had Over 1,000 Investigations Into Acts of Anti-Muslim Hatred, Including Rhetoric’

(CNSNews.com) – During an appearance at the Muslim Advocates annual dinner on Thursday, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said since 9/11, the Justice Department had “over 1,000 investigations into acts of anti-Muslim hatred, including rhetoric and bigoted actions,” and more than 45 prosecutions as a result.

“Since 9/11, we’ve had over 1,000 investigations into acts of anti-Muslim hatred, including rhetoric and bigoted actions, with over 45 prosecutions arising out of that,” Lynch said at the dinner, which marked the organization’s 10th anniversary. “I think sadly that number’s going to continue.”

Muslim Advocates [1] is a “national legal advocacy and educational organization that works on the frontlines of civil rights to guarantee freedom and justice for Americans of all faiths,” according to its website [2].

“We’ve also been noticing an uptick in hate crime incidents affecting individuals, our institutions, and in the wake of the Paris attacks, we’ve actually been noticing a disturbing even greater rate of attacks. I was wondering if you could tell us what the Justice Department is doing to hold perpetrators of hate crimes accountable,” Muslim Advocates President and Executive Director Farhana Khera asked Lynch.

“For us this has been an important issue since 9/11, but I would say in the last several years, as you mentioned most recently, we also have seen this uptick, and it’s incredibly disturbing,” said Lynch.

“In terms of cases, but also investigations and counseling in areas, but where we do see anti-Muslim rhetoric and actions turn into violence, we do take action - criminal prosecutions,” she said. “The Matthew Shepard James Byrd Hate Crimes Act has been incredibly effective for us, but I did want to just note that I think we have … charged 225 defendants with hate crimes offenses over the last six years – most of those in the last three years.

“Since 9/11, we’ve had over 1,000 investigations into acts of anti-Muslim hatred, including rhetoric and bigoted actions, with over 45 prosecutions arising out of that. I think sadly that number’s going to continue,” Lynch added.

“I think it’s important, however, that as we again talk about the importance of free speech, we make it clear that actions predicated on violent talk are not America. They are not who we are. They’re not what we do, and they will be prosecuted, so I want that message to be clear also,” she said.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/lynch-over-1000-investigations-acts-anti-muslim-hatred-and-over-45

rangerrebew

So she's enforcing a "little known" clause in the Constitution called the administration de jour will define free speech.  :thud:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“Since 9/11, we’ve had over 1,000 investigations into acts of anti-Muslim hatred, including rhetoric and bigoted actions"

Personally, I'm a little disappointed it's only 1,000.   :smokin:

Offline EdinVA

So she's enforcing a "little known" clause in the Constitution called the administration de jour will define free speech.  :thud:

Anything to keep hillary off the front pages and out of jail.... works too....

rangerrebew

Published on December 4th, 2015 | by Stephen Rowe

VIDEO: Former Congressman DARES Loretta Lynch to Prosecute Him in Scathing Rant

The day after the horrific terrorist San Bernardino shooting spree, Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged to a group of Muslim activists that she would take aggressive action against anyone who used “anti-Muslim rhetoric” that “edges toward violence.”

Joe Walsh, former Congressman from Illinois, didn’t back down from the Attorney General’s threat. In fact, Walsh has released a statement to Hypeline News directly challenging Lynch:

What the hell does that mean? I have a 1st Amendment right, Ms Lynch, to say whatever I want about Muslims.

You want to try and prosecute me for what I say? I dare you. Here goes:

Most Muslims around the world are terrorists, support terrorism, and/or support Sharia Law. They are our enemy. I don’t want them in America. Any Muslim that won’t assimilate should get the hell out of America. Any Muslim that is a terrorist or supports terrorism should be killed. If “Moderate” Muslims don’t speak out against terrorism, they are our enemy and we should call them out and kick them out of this country. I hope there is a backlash against Muslims because Islam, as practiced by most Muslims, is not a religion of peace, and all of us who do live in peace should do whatever we can to defeat Islam.

There Ms Lynch. As an American, I have a right to say everything I just did. And I will continue to speak the truth about Islam in the hopes that others will wake up to this truth and do what we can to defeat this evil in our midst.

Is that “anti-Muslim rhetoric” that “edges toward violence.” Go ahead and prosecute me. I dare you.

Joe Walsh was elected to the United States Congress in 2010 where he openly refused his Congressional health benefits and pensions, slept in his office, limited himself to no more than three terms in office, and held more town hall meetings than any member of Congress.

http://hypeline.org/joe-walsh/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:26:09 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Does this count as the "rhetoric" Frau Lynch wishes to prosecute:

Offline musiclady

I wonder if that "rhetoric" includes words like "Islamic terrorism is a bad thing?"  I mean, how far will they go in restricting free speech?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

I wonder if that "rhetoric" includes words like "Islamic terrorism is a bad thing?"  I mean, how far will they go in restricting free speech?
knowing them....................they will go real far. They have to curb that speech. It doesn't help them when the truth is out.