Author Topic: Rep. Johnson Says Criticism of Obama Undermines Allied Efforts on Terrorism  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Johnson Says Criticism of Obama Undermines Allied Efforts on Terrorism

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) says the country’s strategy to combat terrorism is impacted by criticism of President Obama.  Johnson says he “assumes” the criticism impacts “our relationship with our allies and all of the other components that we have to work with to successfully prosecute this mission.”

During Tuesday's House Armed Services Committee hearing [1] on U.S. strategy in Syria, Johnson asked Defense Secretary Ashton Carter and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair General Joseph Dunford, “Politicians know that relentless personal attacks on the president himself provoke a visceral reaction by the American people against the president, that’s a part of our campaign process. But what effect does the unprecedented level of attack on our Commander-In-Chief have on our relationships with our allies?”

“For instance, what impact does it have on our ability to galvanize our regional and nation supporters to participate in the strategy that we are leading?” Johnson continued. “What impact does it have on the enemies of America who we are leading the strategy against?”

Both Carter and Gen. Dunford refused to answer the question.

“You can ask the question but I’m not going to respond to it,” Carter said.

“I understand where you’re coming from with your question but I’d prefer not to answer because of its connection to the electoral cycle,” Carter later added.

“I assume that it probably does have some impact on our relationship with our allies and all of the other components that we have to work with to successfully prosecute this mission,” Johnson said.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/rep-johnson-assumes-obama-critics-impact-allied-efforts-terrorism

rangerrebew

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste" is not something anyone has to worry themselves about with Hank Johnson.  This is the same rocket scientist who once worried Guam would tip over if too many people got on one side. :woohoo:  That is a true story which can be found on YouTube.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yeah....they're all racists...aren't they??     :whistle:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:06:58 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GAJohnnie

Odd I remember no such criticism when the Democrats from Harry Reid down were recklessly attacking Bush over Iraq daily from 2002 to 2008.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Odd I remember no such criticism when the Democrats from Harry Reid down were recklessly attacking Bush over Iraq daily from 2002 to 2008.

In the PR battle, Republicans are hopelessly outnumbered.

Until the media can be neutralized, conservative/libertarian ideas and positions will never be embraced by the public at large. The media controls the narrative.

rangerrebew

In the PR battle, Republicans are hopelessly outnumbered.

Until the media can be neutralized, conservative/libertarian ideas and positions will never be embraced by the public at large. The media controls the narrative.

Very true.  When the Repubs came out against the media in their debate and shortly after, the media seemed to back off.  Now that the repubs have backed off, the MSM is doing there imitation of ISIS.