Author Topic: Ed Klein: Rubio Has Best Shot at Beating Hillary  (Read 985 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ed Klein: Rubio Has Best Shot at Beating Hillary
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:10 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ed-klein-marco-rubio-hillary-clinton/2015/12/01/id/704050/

Newsmax
Ed Klein: Rubio Has Best Shot at Beating Hillary
Tuesday, December 1, 2015 10:47 AM

By: Ed Klein

When they're not trying to destroy each other on the debate stage or through negative TV ads, each of the Republican presidential hopefuls likes to boast that he or she is the best-qualified candidate to take down Hillary Clinton in 2016.

In fact, it's the one thing they have in common — they can't wait to get Hillary on the debate stage.

To refresh your memory, here's what they've said on the subject:

Carly Fiorina: "I'm Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare."

Chris Christie: "You need someone who's going to stand on that stage and prosecute the case against [Hillary] and prosecute it strong — that's what I'll do."

Donald Trump: Debating Hillary "would be one of the easy challenges of my life."

Dr. Ben Carson: "If Hillary is the candidate… that would be a dream come true."

Ted Cruz: "Frankly, the key to winning in 2016 is running a populist campaign of hard-working men and women against the bipartisan corruption of Washington, which Hillary embodies."

Marco Rubio: "I was asked last night something about why should we vote for you and not Hillary Clinton… I've been waiting all my life to answer that question."

Putting the swagger and braggadocio aside, how do each of the Republicans really stack up against Hillary?

Carly Fiorina and Chris Christie could more than hold her/his own against Hillary on the debate stage, but based on their feeble performance in the polls it doesn't look like either of them is going to get that chance.

Dr. Ben Carson may have a great political bedside manner, but he's proved time and again that he is fact-challenged, especially when it comes to national security and foreign affairs, which are Hillary's strong suits.

Donald Trump would turn a debate against Hillary into a Dean Martin-style celebrity roast. But with his abrasive manner, he might be the only candidate in the pack who would make Hillary look likeable — which is no small matter when it comes to winning elections.

That leaves Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, both politically savvy, silver-tongued men in their mid-forties.

Among many Republicans, the conventional wisdom is that the smart-as-a-whip Cruz would be a more effective debater against Hillary than Rubio.

But debates don't take place in a vacuum, and in 2016 most voters will be less concerned about social issues, such as abortion and gay marriage (Cruz's strong points) than they will be about terrorism and pocketbook issues (which favor Rubio).

And on the TV screen, Rubio comes across as more likeable than Cruz.

Rubio represents youth; Hillary represents age. Rubio represents generational change; Hillary represents the past. Most important of all, Rubio would siphon off vast swaths of the Hispanic vote, without which no Democrat can win the White House.

So I pick Marco Rubio as the Republican who has the best chance of beating Hillary.

What do you think?

I'd like to hear from you.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ed Klein: Rubio Has Best Shot at Beating Hillary
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:53 pm »
She'll eat him alive in a debate...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:30:49 pm »
She'll eat him alive in a debate...

Hillary is not much on a debate stage.  Have you watched any of the Dem debates?  She's terrible against some mighty weak competition.

Rubio knows more than she does about foreign policy, even with her years as SoS.  He also knows domestic policy cold.

So I disagree.  Hillary ain't eatin' anybody alive in a debate.  Obama wasn't much of a debater and he made her look foolish.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:37:07 pm »
Though it seems to be much harder for a woman to break the "glass ceiling" on the Republican side of a presidential nomination, I would love most to see a Carly Fiorina vs. Hillary in a debate. Afraid at this point I don't see this shifting Carly's way though.    Maybe in the VP debate.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:38:35 pm »
Hillary is not much on a debate stage.  Have you watched any of the Dem debates?  She's terrible against some mighty weak competition.

Rubio knows more than she does about foreign policy, even with her years as SoS.  He also knows domestic policy cold.

So I disagree.  Hillary ain't eatin' anybody alive in a debate.  Obama wasn't much of a debater and he made her look foolish.

She has been half stepping trying not to alienate Uncle Bernies followers....
Helery is a cheapshot artist and will say anything, no matter how false, to score points.
Rubio would come unglued after a couple of her arrows.
The worst thing the republicans can do is underestimate helery...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:39:39 pm »
He may know more but she will stand up there and lie her way through it...just how many times can Rubio call her a liar..you have forgotten her debate with Lazio where he clearly won on facts but she stole the debate...plus remember that 50% of the viewers don't follow politics or events to even know she is lying..
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:05 pm »
He may know more but she will stand up there and lie her way through it...just how many times can Rubio call her a liar..you have forgotten her debate with Lazio where he clearly won on facts but she stole the debate...plus remember that 50% of the viewers don't follow politics or events to even know she is lying..

Lazio was never going to win in New York, no matter how well he did. Lazio lost the debate when he came across the stage and got in her face. 

ANY Republican will kill Hillary in a debate, which is why she will demand one or two debates or refuse to debate at all.  She's terrible.  Why do you think they stick the Dem debates on Saturday night?

So nobody will see Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:53 pm »
She has been half stepping trying not to alienate Uncle Bernies followers....
Helery is a cheapshot artist and will say anything, no matter how false, to score points.
Rubio would come unglued after a couple of her arrows.
The worst thing the republicans can do is underestimate helery...

Not a chance.  Obama had her quivering when he debated her and he's no debater.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:52 am »

IF Rubio has the best shot at beating Hillary (which I don't believe for a minute) it will be a battle between the two liars ... Hillary will win hands down.  I still don't think Rubio will be able to win his home state.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 01:36:05 am »
Trump?  I thought the story was about Rubio and Hillary.

No doubt about it, Hillary would eat Rubio up and spit him out in a debate. She will be more than happy to point out his lack of participation in the Senate and he can't very well attack her record on Syria as he voted in favor of a continuing resolution in September 2014 that included a provision arming rebels in Syria. Rubio also introduced the Syria Democracy Transition Act, which outlined U.S. involvement to transfer power from the Assad family to a democratic state.   It won't end well for Rubio at all. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 01:38:27 am »
The fact that this is by Ed Klein should write you a book!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 01:47:49 am »
I still don't think Rubio will be able to win his home state.
Why? Because you personally don't like him, so you extrapolate that others in the state don't like him, either?  They elected him.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:36 am »
No doubt about it, Hillary would eat Rubio up and spit him out in a debate. She will be more than happy to point out his lack of participation in the Senate and he can't very well attack her record on Syria as he voted in favor of a continuing resolution in September 2014 that included a provision arming rebels in Syria. Rubio also introduced the Syria Democracy Transition Act, which outlined U.S. involvement to transfer power from the Assad family to a democratic state.   It won't end well for Rubio at all.

What does his voting on a resolution in 2014 have to do with Hillary? She was gone by then. And I don't see how the Syria Democracy Transition Act will hurt him.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 03:21:23 am »
mystery wrote above:
"She'll eat him alive in a debate..."

Agreed. Hope he brings plenty of water bottles along.

Not-so-fearless but still comfortable prediction:
If it's Rubio v. Hillary in 2016, he won't even win his home state.