Author Topic: Prince Charles: Climate change failure is a factor behind Syrian crisis  (Read 276 times)

Offline Paladin

But of course, Charley. Upon reflection it is obvious the struggle for resources in France led to the brutal attacks. The nature of Islam had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Not a thing.

"Prince Charles has suggested the cause of conflict in Syria is climate change, in a wide-ranging interview.

Drought and competition for increasingly scarce resources caused by manmade activities also played a role in the refugee crisis which has seen thousands of people leave the Middle East and cross Europe in recent months, the Prince of Wales said.

The remarks were made in an interview with Sky News recorded before the latest wave of terror attacks in Paris, which will be broadcast on Monday.

The Prince, 67, said: “We're seeing a classic case of not dealing with the problem, because, I mean, it sounds awful to say, but some of us were saying 20 something years ago that if we didn't tackle these issues you would see ever greater conflict over scarce resources and ever greater difficulties over drought, and the accumulating effect of climate change, which means that people have to move.

“And, in fact, there's very good evidence indeed that one of the major reasons for this horror in Syria, funnily enough was a drought that lasted for about five or six years, which meant that huge numbers of people in the end had to leave the land”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/12010746/Prince-Charles-Climate-change-failure-is-a-factor-behind-Syrian-crisis.html

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Prince Charles: Climate change failure is a factor behind Syrian crisis
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:58:59 am »
Charles has been a mental case for his entire life.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan