Author Topic: Trump names Cruz when asked about VP spot  (Read 11556 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Trump names Cruz when asked about VP spot
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 02:11:55 am »
He won't. He is committed to playing nice with the Donald.

The more I think about this, the more I think Cruz and Trump have a deal.

Me too.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 02:15:31 am »
Me too.

I just don't know what Cruz brings to a Trump ticket.  He's loathed by Democrats and most Independents and some Republicans.

Trump would probably win Texas without him. I just don't get why Trump would choose him.  He'd do better if he picked Rubio or Fiorina. Cruz is not going to bring any cross party support.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 02:19:20 am »
Trump is a showman.  He doesn't know jack about politics.

He may not know jack about politics, but he is a marketing genius, and that is why he is winning.  Since the advent of mass media, politics has been marketing posing as political science.  Trump decided to take the political science part out and make it a pure marketing play.  This has totally confounded the consultants and the rest of the establishment whose assumptions have never been questioned like this before.

He will equally cause the Democrats to question their assumptions once he wins the nomination, although he will take a lot of positions conservatives will not like.  There are two fundamental  things Trump has managed to do that make him very, very formidable in this game:

1. He can say anything and pay no political price
2. He can reposition himself instantaneously

I can't support him (unless he wins the nomination), but the marketing professor in me marvels at his amazing capabilities.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:20:40 am by massadvj »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:20 am »
He may not know jack about politics, but he is a marketing genius, and that is why he is winning.  Since the advent of mass media, politics has been marketing posing as political science.  Trump decided to take the political science part out and make it a pure marketing play.  This has totally confounded the consultants and the rest of the establishment whose assumptions have never been questioned like this before.

He will equally cause the Democrats to question their assumptions once he wins the nomination, although he will take a lot of positions conservatives will not like.  There are two fundamental  things Trump has managed to do that make him very, very formidable in this game:

1. He can say anything and pay no political price
2. He can reposition himself instantaneously

I can't support him (unless he wins the nomination), but the marketing professor in me marvels at his amazing capabilities.

You're exactly right.  He's a marketing genius.  He's basically a self-absorbed narcissist whose policies, such as they are,  are tailored to favor himself.

If he wins the nomination, he will reveal his true self, which is Democrat.  Those who supported him in primaries will feel suckered.

I will never support him, even if he wins the nomination.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:26:15 am by sinkspur »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 02:34:43 am »

If he wins the nomination, he will reveal his true self, which is Democrat.  Those who supported him in primaries will feel suckered.

I don't believe he is a Democrat.  I think he is a non-ideological pragmatist.  He will take whatever position he needs to on order to accomplish his objectives.  He is all about winning what he wants.  That is how he got things done in real estate development, and I am sure that is how he will operate as president.

I think he has the potential to be quite an effective president, but I have my doubts as to whether I will agree with a lot of what he does.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:38:25 am by massadvj »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 02:50:16 am »
It is amusing to watch the hair-on-fire types hysterically screaming, Trump is a Democrat!! LoL

Nobody cares. It's hilarious.

Who in the current Republican establishment is not a Democrat? Boehner did more to further Obama's agenda than Pelosi and Reid could dream of.

I don't care if Trump is a card carrying Communist. In fact, I would rather vote for Putin than Obama, or half the Republicans who are running.

I don't care if Trump eats little baby puppies and kittens for lunch every day. That stuff doesn't matter.

What matters is that he is an America First candidate. And he is anti-PC.

In the crazy environment we live in today, these qualities are both very rare, and very attractive.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:05 am »
It is amusing to watch the hair-on-fire types hysterically screaming, Trump is a Democrat!! LoL

Who in the current Republican establishment is not a Democrat? Boehner did more to further Obama's agenda than Pelosi and Reid could dream of.

I don't care if Trump is a card carrying Communist. In fact, I would rather vote for Putin than Obama, or half the Republicans who are running.

I don't care if Trump eats little baby puppies and kittens for lunch every day. That stuff doesn't matter.

In the crazy environment we live in today, these qualities are both very rare, and very attractive.

Are you an American citizen?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 02:55:58 am »
No entendiendo como es importante¿
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 02:59:23 am »
Well, if Trump is a Democrat, he sure doesn't hold Democrat positions on immigration, defense, terrorism, taxes, trade or the economy.  So he must be some new kind of Democrat, and sure sounds better than all the other Democrats out there. Color me puzzled.

:shrug:
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 03:00:41 am »

Es importante por que Trump va a construir una pared muy grande y muy bonita, con una puerta grande.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:04:06 am by massadvj »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 03:02:07 am »

So you're not an American citizen. You can't actually VOTE for Trump, you can just shill for him.

You can't vote for Putin, or half the Republicans who are running.  You can't vote for anybody in the states.

I'm surmising you're in the UK, which is odd. You stay up all night to post on a little website in the states? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 03:03:16 am »
Well, if Trump is a Democrat, he sure doesn't hold Democrat positions on immigration, defense, terrorism, taxes, trade or the economy.  So he must be some new kind of Democrat, and sure sounds better than all the other Democrats out there. Color me puzzled.

:shrug:

Trump knows he's just blowing smoke on immigration, taxes, trade, and defense.  Congress is in Republican hands and he won't get any of what he wants on those issues.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 03:06:54 am »

"I think he is a non-ideological pragmatist..."

Best description.

He's all about winning and I suspect he believes he can accomplish that for America. He's the first candidate for president (with a realistic shot at making it) to take the immigration issue head on, he's the most non politically correct candidate I've ever seen, speaks without rehearsed speeches, and says things that need saying on big issues. Most of which I agree with.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 03:08:49 am »

I swear to you I did not see your post till after I posted the above.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 03:09:59 am »
"I think he is a non-ideological pragmatist..."

Best description.

He's all about winning and I suspect he believes he can accomplish that for America. He's the first candidate for president (with a realistic shot at making it) to take the immigration issue head on, he's the most non politically correct candidate I've ever seen, speaks without rehearsed speeches, and says things that need saying on big issues. Most of which I agree with.

But Trump is not going to get what he wants on immigration.  Surely you realize that. Even Republicans won't go along with his outrageous deportation plan.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2015, 03:20:07 am »
I don't know where you are going with this line of thinking, except maybe to say that I have no right to speak because I don't vote.

You are close to being right but not quite. I did live in England for a few years. I lived in the M.E. for a few years. I lived in Germany for a couple of years. And in the military I was all over Asia, Australia, and the Med, essentially, I was all over the world.
F
I have been to more places on the globe than I can remember, and I speak several languages with varying degrees of proficiency.

I am currently stateside on vacation.

But, rest assured, let not your heart be troubled, I will be voting. And the way things look now, I guess I will be voting Trump.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2015, 03:41:42 am »
Back to the original topic of the thread.  I cannot imagine better impeachment insurance for Donald Trump than to have Ted Cruz as the Veep.  Plus, Cruz will gladly take on the role of doing the dirty work against political enemies.  It could be a match made in heaven.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2015, 04:02:08 am »
Back to the original topic of the thread.  I cannot imagine better impeachment insurance for Donald Trump than to have Ted Cruz as the Veep.  Plus, Cruz will gladly take on the role of doing the dirty work against political enemies.  It could be a match made in heaven.

Couldn't agree more, a match made in heaven for many reasons.

Trump will draw the TV pop culture LIVs, and the Hispanic name Cruz will draw in Latinos. It would be the most powerful Republican ticket we have seen in decades. I think it would steamroll over all of the old White people the Dems are running, including Warren.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2015, 04:05:18 am »
Couldn't agree more, a match made in heaven for many reasons.

Trump will draw the TV pop culture LIVs, and the Hispanic name Cruz will draw in Latinos. It would be the most powerful Republican ticket we have seen in decades. I think it would steamroll over all of the old White people the Dems are running, including Warren.

LOL!  Yeah. I've noticed how many Latinos are fawning over Cruz.

People don't vote for VPs. They vote for the guy at the top and Latinos HATE Trump.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2015, 05:37:54 am »
I just don't know what Cruz brings to a Trump ticket.  He's loathed by Democrats and most Independents and some Republicans.

Trump would probably win Texas without him. I just don't get why Trump would choose him.  He'd do better if he picked Rubio or Fiorina. Cruz is not going to bring any cross party support.

I had been thinking about that, as well.  Florida, Florida, Florida.  Rubio makes much more sense to me.

But, we are way ahead of ourselves...
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 05:39:36 am »
Many good comments here tonite...
John Steinbeck

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2015, 05:46:18 am »
Electoral votes:

Texas = 38
Florida = 29

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:38 am »
Electoral votes:

Texas = 38
Florida = 29

That is not the issue. Florida is much more difficult to carry. Much more difficult.
John Steinbeck

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 06:24:34 am »
That is not the issue. Florida is much more difficult to carry. Much more difficult.

I do not mean to be rude, but I have really no idea what your point is.
I'm sure it is way above my head.  But this redneck is confused.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 06:33:39 am »
Texas is not going to a Democrat, Trump could carry it all by himself. He doesn't need Cruz to carry Texas. But he might need help carrying Florida, as it is a 50-50 state.  Any successful Republican will need both Texas and Florida.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan