Author Topic: Explosion, shootout reported in Paris  (Read 11983 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Explosion, shootout reported in Paris
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2015, 02:48:36 pm »
I paused at DCP's length-of-time period, as well.  His point is well-made and well-taken tho!

Yes indeed!  Hence only the slight quibble!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »
I have only one slight quibble with what you said here.  I would say that the MSM has been aiding and abetting Communism in America for a hell of alot longer than the last 7 years! More like the last century and a half!  :patriot:

Not arguing your point, Bigun!  Didn't mean to imply it's only happened since 2009.

But the wanton destruction of entire economies in the USA through needless regulations and costs to comply...the black vs. white division which could be a catalyst for civil unrest and murder?

That hasn't been around before 2009. 

And the alphabets are complicit in forming the events and reporting on them.  Creating news.  Creating the story.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2015, 03:02:31 pm »
Not arguing your point, Bigun!  Didn't mean to imply it's only happened since 2009.

But the wanton destruction of entire economies in the USA through needless regulations and costs to comply...the black vs. white division which could be a catalyst for civil unrest and murder?

And the alphabets are complicit in forming the events and reporting on them.  Creating news.  Creating the story.

You are right.  It is an exponential curve we are on with the "infinity" trajectory at hand.  I am stunned by the rapid development of Black Lives Matter, climate change, white privilege, campus anarchy, wholesale immigration, etc, etc.  We are in peril.  Real peril.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »

ALL true DC!  Just wanted to clear up that one little matter!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2015, 03:06:36 pm »
You are right.  It is an exponential curve we are on with the "infinity" trajectory at hand.  I am stunned by the rapid development of Black Lives Matter, climate change, white privilege, campus anarchy, wholesale immigration, etc, etc.  We are in peril.  Real peril.

We need a leader who will speak to that peril, and propose how to oppose and defeat its progenitors.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #355 on: November 15, 2015, 03:09:26 pm »

And again...you and I see it.  Others here see it.

But, it's not even a story on a back page.   

THAT'S the uneasiness...the indescribable gnawing at my nervous system.   

It goes against nature.

Even flocks of birds and other mammals can sense things like earthquakes or tsunamis.

And yet, I'm supposed to go against my human nature and pretend it's just another day in the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:09:47 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

It goes against nature.

Even flocks of birds and other mammals can sense things like earthquakes or tsunamis.

And yet, I'm supposed to go against my human nature and pretend it's just another day in the neighborhood.

In politics as in nature, there is a point at which the downward trajectory of an object's arc, as impelled by gravity, sharpens so precipitously that the only possible outcome is a hard landing. We're almost there.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »

It goes against nature.

I've definitely seen it. Little stories and snippets here and there of the govt subverting the nation no doubt at Obama's orders, that fundamental transformation he was talking about. The seeding of questionable to downright hostile immigrants into smaller and smaller communities via religious groups being one example.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:33:11 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:39 pm »
It is an exponential curve we are on with the "infinity" trajectory at hand.  I am stunned by the rapid development of Black Lives Matter, climate change, white privilege, campus anarchy, wholesale immigration, etc, etc.  We are in peril.  Real peril. 

This is one of the most frightening posts I've read in a long time.  Frightening because it's true--and the younger generation, in particular, is truly clueless on this.  I fear for them.   **nononono*

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #359 on: November 15, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »
This is one of the most frightening posts I've read in a long time.  Frightening because it's true--and the younger generation, in particular, is truly clueless on this.  I fear for them.   **nononono*

The problem is RIV is that we are still living in the post-WWII paradigm of the American Golden Age. Those days are gone but we are adamant to live in the past. We are in a new age of either reform or collapse, and no one wants to see it, being blinded by our eternal merry-go-round of spewed out pop culture.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #360 on: November 15, 2015, 05:04:48 pm »

Add to that list harvesting baby parts and selling them with a significant segment of the population defending the practice.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #361 on: November 15, 2015, 05:07:42 pm »

It goes against nature.

I think it's more than human nature we are feeling, DC.  It is a God given moral order that is being defied with the Enemy's teeth bared.

As Lando said above, we are in deep, deep peril.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #362 on: November 15, 2015, 05:17:54 pm »
We need a leader who will speak to that peril, and propose how to oppose and defeat its progenitors.

Andy, I don't think I've ever quoted the big 0, but in this case it's appropriate:  "We are the ones we've been waiting for".

We keep waiting for some heroic leader to pull us out of this, when it's we, the normal, everyday, hardworking people who will have to do it.  I don't think there is an earthly leader capable of pulling us out of our mess, confusion, chaos and descent into evil.

Interesting - that's not quite what I intended to write, but I think I'll leave it as is. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #363 on: November 15, 2015, 05:30:29 pm »
Add to that list harvesting baby parts and selling them with a significant segment of the population defending the practice.

Yes. And let's not forget the Nukes for Mullahs agreement.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:50:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #365 on: November 15, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
Oh dear God.    How long will it be before scenes like this come to a mall, theater, or other large gathering of people here in America?   Syrian refugees have arrive this very day in New Orleans.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #366 on: November 15, 2015, 06:07:25 pm »
Oh dear God.    How long will it be before scenes like this come to a mall, theater, or other large gathering of people here in America?   Syrian refugees have arrive this very day in New Orleans.

It could happen anywhere, any time.

May God protect us from what our 'leaders' have done to harm us.... 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

Give this a bit more thought, and what our we talking about?    - It has happened here and the body count is in the thousands. And you don't have to go back to 9/11. Seven attacks on American Soil just during Obama's watch. Boston Marathon, Hatchet attack of NY police officers, military recruiting office , Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland, Texas, Fort Hood, etc.    They are here.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #368 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:54 pm »
Give this a bit more thought, and what our we talking about?    - It has happened here and the body count is in the thousands. And you don't have to go back to 9/11. Seven attacks on American Soil just during Obama's watch. Boston Marathon, Hatchet attack of NY police officers, military recruiting office , Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland, Texas, Fort Hood, etc.    They are here.

I stand corrected.  It has already happened............ and frequently.

In addition, the security that Bush put in place after 9/11 has stopped many, many other attacks from occurring.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #369 on: November 15, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »

And from ourselves. Half of us want it this way or don't know better.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:54:25 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #370 on: November 15, 2015, 06:57:14 pm »
And from ourselves. Half of us want it this way or don't know better.

Indeed.  Half of us voted to put Obama in power, and must be held partly  responsible for the damage that will surely occur thanks to his reckless, anti-American policies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #371 on: November 15, 2015, 07:09:34 pm »

And Obama is desperately wanting strict gun control. How convenient the timing.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2015, 07:45:05 pm »
It's going to happen here, probably very soon. Think about this every time you go to a mall, concert or sporting event. If you are legally permitted to carry a weapon, do it. You may be the one who saves lives.

Sometimes I attend the Pittsburgh opera (my sister plays in the orchestra) and consider think how very easy it would be to walk in with bombs and guns, create panic, kill dozens - and then I look around the Benedum Theatre for the person who might do such a thing. My husband frequently runs the Boston Marathon, but was injured and couldn't run the year of the bombing - which occurred about two blocks from the spot where I wait for him to turn onto Boylston St. We're going again in April and I'll try to be even more cautious than in the past.

The closest big city to me is Pittsburgh, where the idiot mayor is waving frantically to Obama, saying, "Oooh, oooh, Mr. Presidente, please send us some Syrian refugees, too!" The minute they arrive (if they haven't already), I will be sure to be armed whenever I visit.

That the civilized world is allowing and enabling its own destruction is beyond comprehension.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2015, 07:45:57 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2015, 07:49:58 pm »
It's going to happen here, probably very soon. Think about this every time you go to a mall, concert or sporting event. If you are legally permitted to carry a weapon, do it. You may be the one who saves lives.

Sometimes I attend the Pittsburgh opera (my sister plays in the orchestra) and consider think how very easy it would be to walk in with bombs and guns, create panic, kill dozens - and then I look around the Benedum Theatre for the person who might do such a thing. My husband frequently runs the Boston Marathon, but was injured and couldn't run the year of the bombing - which occurred about two blocks from the spot where I wait for him to turn onto Boylston St. We're going again in April and I'll try to be even more cautious than in the past.

The closest big city to me is Pittsburgh, where the idiot mayor is waving frantically to Obama, saying, "Oooh, oooh, Mr. Presidente, please send us some Syrian refugees, too!" The minute they arrive (if they haven't already), I will be sure to be armed whenever I visit.

That the civilized world is allowing and enabling its own destruction is beyond comprehension.

I have long been the holder of a CHL but very rarely actually carried. That's all changed now as I will no longer go into public gatherings without my trusty little side arm at hand.

- J. R. R. Tolkien