Author Topic: Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President  (Read 2062 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: Dick Morris: No Way Carson Can Become President
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 01:12:15 am »
I think it is fairly clear that Ben Carson is going to be the choice of the evangelicals.  I think that decision has pretty much been made, and I don't think it will change based on a mediocre debate performance.  It means Carson will do well in Iowa, but not as well in NH, unless he can make inroads into some other constituencies. 

I haven't seen anything from Carson that would cause me much alarm in terms of whether he would govern in a way that is consistent with my views.  I have seen much in the way of policy from from Bush, Kasich and Trump that pretty much guarantees I won't be voting for any of them.

Right now I am still supporting Paul with Carson my second choice and Cruz my third.  I didn't see anything last night to fundamentally change that, although Cruz was elevated a bit and Carson de-elevated a bit based on their debate performances.

Noted that your suppot is thrown behind Rand Paul.  Care to let us know your reasoning behind this support.  Thx in advance.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:13:46 am by famousdayandyear »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 01:38:02 am »
This evangelical does not support Carson. Cruz is my choice right now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 01:39:47 am »
The more I see of  Carson, the more I like him.

But, I mean that I like him as a neighbor, coworker, or friend, not as President.

Frankly, I think he is much too nice and moral to be in politics. Politics is a dirty, nasty, game. It is not for him.

He would make a much better pastor or counselor than he would a politician.

Btw, I thought the evangelicals were with Huckabee. I know they like Carson but have never heard that they are in his pocket.

News to me. I don't know?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 01:54:58 am »
"I haven't seen anything from Carson that would cause me much alarm in terms of whether he would govern in a way that is consistent with my views."

You advocate adoption of the TPP and statehood for Puerto Rico? Somehow I find that hard to believe.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 03:50:03 am »
sinkspur wrote above:
"GOP voters seem to want WWE and right now they're favoring the guy who hits his opponents over the head with a table."

That's fine with me.

I -WANT- someone who will hit the D.C. establishment -- and the left -- "over the head with a table".

THAT guy is gonna get my vote.

So there.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 03:54:26 am »
Bigun wrote above:
"82 days (I think) until we get some REAL poll numbers from the State of Iowa."

The only problem with that is that historically, the "poll numbers" that come out of Iowa have little to do with who goes on to win the nomination.

New Hampshire will begin to sort things out.

And South Carolina afterwards.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 04:11:43 am »
"I haven't seen anything from Carson that would cause me much alarm in terms of whether he would govern in a way that is consistent with my views."

You advocate adoption of the TPP and statehood for Puerto Rico? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

No, but that is not an issue I am particularly concerned about. Carson's position is not a deal killer for me.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:12 am »
Noted that your suppot is thrown behind Rand Paul.  Care to let us know your reasoning behind this support.  Thx in advance.

Of all the candidates, Paul's views on the constitution, limited government and non-interventionism comport most closely to mine.  I realize he stands almost no chance but I will support him until he bows out.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 12:09:55 pm »
Btw, I thought the evangelicals were with Huckabee. I know they like Carson but have never heard that they are in his pocket.

News to me. I don't know?
There seems to be a misconception that all evangelicals think alike and march in lockstep. Thankfully, many of us do try to educate ourselves and draw our own conclusions.

Personally, I don't know any evangelical  who supports Huckabee, but I suppose they're out there.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 12:47:49 pm »
There seems to be a misconception that all evangelicals think alike and march in lockstep. Thankfully, many of us do try to educate ourselves and draw our own conclusions.

Personally, I don't know any evangelical  who supports Huckabee, but I suppose they're out there.

Do you know any who are supporting Carson?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 01:11:19 pm »
Yes, I know some folks at church who have been big Carson fans for a long time, complete with bumper sticker on the car. Others are intrigued by Trump (not that they've examined either one's words very closely).

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »
Yes, I know some folks at church who have been big Carson fans for a long time, complete with bumper sticker on the car. Others are intrigued by Trump (not that they've examined either one's words very closely).

I don't know if I would be called an "evangelical" but I don't support either of them for president although there are many things I like about both of them.  In fact, Huckabee is the only guy out there who is actively pushing my prefered tax reform, and he's right as rain to do that, but I can't support him because of his record in other areas.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:14:10 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:08 pm »

Thank you for saying this, mountaineer.  I don't like the 'they all think alike' attribution of evangelicals any more than I do of women.

Evangelicals are individuals with individual thoughts.  I don't know anyone either who supports Huckabee, and I know many who like Carson, but have not chosen him among the candidates for other reasons.

Just because we like aspects of a certain candidate's positions doesn't mean we blindly support them just because we're evangelicals.

That's part of why I don't like Trump's pandering in Iowa.  I'd rather just have a candidate be honest.  (That's a Christian value too.  ^-^ )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.