Author Topic: Trump pokes fun at Carson's pyramid theory  (Read 1982 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Trump pokes fun at Carson's pyramid theory
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:01:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/259223-trump-pokes-fun-at-carsons-pyramid-theory

November 05, 2015, 08:27 am

Trump pokes fun at Carson's pyramid theory
By Jesse Byrnes

White House hopeful Donald Trump on Thursday poked fun at GOP presidential rival Ben Carson for his theory that the Egyptian pyramids were used to store grain, not serve as tombs for pharaohs.

"I think I'll have to put that into my repertoire when I talk about Ben," the real estate tycoon said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"That was a strange ... that was a strange deal," Trump added.

BuzzFeed on Wednesday published a video of Carson’s 1998 commencement address at Andrews University, which was founded by Sevenths-day Adventists, during which he said he believed the biblical figure Joseph built the pyramids.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids in order to store grain," Carson said during the speech.

"Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs' graves. But you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don't think it'd just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain," he added.

Asked by CBS News on Wednesday, Carson, who is neck and neck with Trump in national polls for the Republican presidential nomination, said, "It's still my belief, yes.

"The pyramids were made in a way where they had hermetically sealed compartments," Carson said. "You would need that if you were trying to preserve grain over a long period of time."

CBS noted that Carson had in mind the seven years of plenty in Egypt referenced in the Bible, when "Joseph stored up grain in great abundance" and fed Egyptians and others during famine.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump pokes fun at Carson's pyramid theory
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:32:25 pm »
It's not Carson's theory, but that of an Egyptologist Dr. Wyatt Thom who wrote a book on the subject in 1984. I never read it, but apparently it convinced many readers that there was at least some truth to it. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:33:03 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:44:07 pm »
Trump belongs to a denomination whose Orthodox branch believes that only 144,000 souls will be saved. 

I take a back seat to no one in thinking that Biblical fundamentalism is collosally ignorant.  However, if Trump decides to wade into theology, he better understand that there is a huge swath of the far right who accept every word of the Bible as literally true.

But, hell, those people see Donald as some kind of perverse savior, so it really doesn't matter what he says or what he trashes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »
So what?? I used to  believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. They may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive far, far away, amongst the stars. Does that disqualify me from running from public office??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:50:21 am »
Talk about an irrelevant thing to add to Trump's arsenal.....

Yikes, this guy is childish!  Why can't everybody see it??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:53:45 am »
One thing I always have to know of my President is what obscure beliefs they have about ancient Egypt.  (It is pretty nutty but jeeze, I bet every candidate on both sides have at least one or two loopy beliefs).

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:55:24 am »
One thing I always have to know of my President is what obscure beliefs they have about ancient Egypt.  (It is pretty nutty but jeeze, I bet every candidate on both sides have at least one or two loopy beliefs).

Didn't Nancy Reagan had her fortune told or something like that??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 01:06:20 am »

Didn't Nancy Reagan had her fortune told or something like that??

And Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, & Bill Clinton all saw UFOs. John Adams believed in a hollow earth and even sent an expedition to search for the entrance.  Obama thinks there are 57 states and doesn't believe in math.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 01:10:08 am »
And Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, & Bill Clinton all saw UFOs. John Adams believed in a hollow earth and even sent an expedition to search for the entrance.  Obama thinks there are 57 states and doesn't believe in math.

Excellent point.. I guess my theory about Life here began out there would disqualify me from public office.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:30 am »
It's not Carson's theory, but that of an Egyptologist Dr. Wyatt Thom who wrote a book on the subject in 1984. I never read it, but apparently it convinced many readers that there was at least some truth to it.

This is the second place I've heard this yet I can find no reference to a Dr. Wyatt Thom, any books by him, or any reference to an Egyptologist with that or similar name. All the references I found started in the past day from a UK Guardian story. Nothing before that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 07:55:21 am »
This is the second place I've heard this yet I can find no reference to a Dr. Wyatt Thom, any books by him, or any reference to an Egyptologist with that or similar name. All the references I found started in the past day from a UK Guardian story. Nothing before that.
likely it is Ron Wyatt
http://www.ronwyatt.com/how_the_pyramids_where_built.html

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 02:56:36 pm »
Remember when Obama admitted to always carrying around lucky charms and idols for good luck...

Barack Obama Carries Lord Hanuman Statue for Good Luck

A photo that recently appeared on the Time Magazine White House Photo of the Day shows the things that Barack Obama carries for good luck, which includes a bracelet belonging to a soldier deployed in Iraq, a gambler’s lucky chit, a tiny monkey god and a tiny Madonna and child. Newspapers and Television channels in India have zeroed in on the tiny monkey god and are suggesting that the presumptive Democratic Party’s presidential nominee, Obama, is seeking the blessings of Lord Hanuman in his battle for the White House.

http://www.hindu-blog.com/2008/06/barack-obama-carries-lord-hanuman.html

So, believing some very obscure thing about an ancient culture = career ender.
Believing some inanimate objects, including a statue of a god who summons monkeys to attack demons,  can draw down mystical power making good things happen to you = Presidential material.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:59 pm »
Remember when Obama admitted to always carrying around lucky charms and idols for good luck...

So, believing some very obscure thing about an ancient culture = career ender.
Believing some inanimate objects, including a statue of a god who summons monkeys to attack demons,  can draw down mystical power making good things happen to you = Presidential material.

Only if you are a Democrat..

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 04:02:54 pm »
Now this ( topic) is a real good reason not to VOTE for the GUY.  The little stuff like the economy, tax plans, common core, Illegal invaders, ISIS and global financing thieves and 96 MILLION people out of work. You know the little stuff like this is not important BUT jokeing about grain being stored in the pyramids, now that is just too important to pass on. :chairbang: